Day 1 - Going Well....but....

alison1256

Hi all

Well here I am on day 1 and it's going pretty good, had my 2 shakes, which were okay, small orange mid-morning and 1/2 tin of tuna and salad mid-afternoon and very much looking forward to my steamed salmon steak and salad for dinner later followed by some strawberries and natural youghart! All in all feeling good and content and due to my throat just now, water isn't a problem as I'm thristy all the time with a horrible, dry throat!

But......

just got a call late this afternoon from my Lighter Life lady. I bumped into her in early December at the hairdressers and got chatting and mentioned I'd heard about a new diet they were starting called Lighter Life Lite and that I may be interested in the New Year to shift, at that time before the mega binge during December, that last stone or so. She said she'd get in touch and I kinda had forgotten about it, plus I'd found CS!

Anyway, she called to say there was a place for me, if I wanted it, starting with an info session for the group newbies on 30th Jan with the group class starting on the 5th Feb. It's very similar to CS, with 3 packs and a meal or 2 packs, 1 bar and a meal - I would prefer the latter.

I did LL foundation last year and it was really good for me and I'm sitting here thinking about the pros and cons for both.....

LLL - 4 week modules with one group class each and weigh-in each week. Anticpated lose over 4 weeks is 1 stone - much the same as CS and the cost is much the same for both based on 2 packs and a bar per day - just under £50pw. Other than the fact LLL has a weekly class they are really much the same diet........what to do! I said I'd get back to her, I'm going to see how CS goes and even if I only did it for the 2 weeks leading up to LLL, then maybe following the CS maintenance after LLL has finished after 4 weeks.

I do need to shift around 8lbs anyway before I start LLL, as you need to have a bmi of 29.9 or under to join, so I'm defo doing CS for 2 weeks and should easily lose 8lbs in that time going by past experience on diets, but after that..I don't know which to follow.

I know it's my decision and only I can make it but thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys anyway!

Alison x

Hi Princess - thanks for your reply. I know no-body can make the decision for me, it only mines to make but I'm kinda swaying towards LLL at the mo as I know the programme and it worked, plus the weekly class is a great help to me....but I won't have given CS a chance by only doing it for 2 weeks - still if I do both back to back I'll then be in a position to comment on both! Thanks again, x

Hiya
I did CD which is similar to LL. I know it worked for me but I was so unhappy the whole time I was on it. I am loving CS - I think I need the food. CS is only £25 p/w - not £50

Hi Lexi - I've not done the CD but I understand it's much the same as LL, total abstinence. I only did it for 12 weeks and found it fine and it worked for me, but I don't know if I could have done it for months on end, like some people I know.

Sorry, the cost is wrong - I worked it out on the price I paid for the starter pack £32.99 plus x7 bars at 2.29, which is £49.02, hence around £50, but you only need the starter pack the first week to get the shaker, programme guide etc. I see on the Rowlands site you can buy 14 sachets for £24.99 but I'd probably buy x7 bars too each week, so it would cost me £41.02pw. I think LLL is something like £45 or £49 pw.

hey alison im glad your first day has been going well.

as for the LL situation it wouldnt do you any harm to do this for the next few weeks and then change over if you manage to lose the 8lb required to qualify. its entirely up to you though but i think CS is a nice relaxed and not too rigid way to lose the weight, it depends what works for you structure and guidance wise.

Thanks Emily - I've had a chat with hubby and I've decided to do the 2 week CS, then 4 weeks LLL, then probably back to CS to maintain - that the plan at the mo but after 2 weeks on CS I may decide to continue on with it, keeping my options open for now! Off now to see who gets evicted from big bro!

Hi I did LL my ''counseller'' was rubbish never there and bigger than most of us although she said each week she was on Ll but was struggling????:eek: lol
Ive done CD also
What I find Ive done Cd a couple of times (pssssst 4 actually dont tell anyone :eek:)
I found 1st time on any paln new exciting and you get that I can do it feeling,but the 2nd + times I went on CD were much much harder?
Like you say maybe give CS a shot say you'll start her group and see how this goes?xxxx

Hi Size102b - thanks for your message.

I was one of the lucky ones, my LLC was fab and a great success story and she's one of the main reasons I'm maybe going to go back for the 4-week LLL module with CS either side of it! I've time to think and I really want to give CS a fair chance but it's of case of "better the devil you know" sometimes.

I agree first time round with a diet is new and exciting and can be one of the main reasons you succeed and why it's harder second, third time round. I guess we're all in the same boat it's just a case of finding the right oars to steer it with - oh very deep of me lol ! Best wishes and luck for you CS journey starting tomorrow x

good plan alison, i thought you were kind of swaying towards the LL diet, you have to do what works for you but keep us fatties over here up to date on how you are doing etc (im kicking u out already lol) we will be your bumpers either side!

Hi Emily - thanks for that hun. I do feel a bit like a defector going off for 4 weeks to LLL, but I know it the right decision for me. I will still come on the site when not following CS to see how everyone is doing and for updates - you're all so nice and helpful x At work just now and away to drink my water and eat my orange!

Dont be daft its whatever works for you best alison!! I look forward to hearing how you get on. Im just finnished my shake and im off now to get the kids to nursery! HALLELUJAH!! Lol have a good day.

Back