Day 1 of cambridge diet

Hello ladies

I want to lose 3-4 stones. Im 5ft 2" and 13.1 stone.
I LOVE my food, i love the feeling of being full and warm inside and then feeling happy and watchin tv at night feeling satisfied.

Day 1 of this diet and im miserable, feel sick and starving!!!! Ive done this diet before about 6yrs ago and lasted 3 days! Purely because i hardly like any of the products! This time i need to stick it out as SW & WW are just too slow for me!

Today ive had a choc shake which i struggled with as i find shakes in general sickly and dont have them even when im not dieting! Followed by lunch i tried the porridge and had 1 mouth full and threw it in the bin! It taste VILE! So i then made a leek & potato soup which was ok. Im now sat feeling so sick and thinking which to have for my dinner but feel that sick thethought of liquid is making me get sick come up in my mouth! I NEED SOME PROPER FOOD!!

Edited: just made the tomato soup and had 1 mouth full and its gone down the sink!!!! How VILE! How am i supposed to do a diet when the products are so awful!!!! Im sat here crying my eyes out!

Im so miserable already :,(

HopefulWeightWatcher said:
Hello ladies

I want to lose 3-4 stones. Im 5ft 2" and 13.1 stone.
I LOVE my food, i love the feeling of being full and warm inside and then feeling happy and watchin tv at night feeling satisfied.

Day 1 of this diet and im miserable, feel sick and starving!!!! Ive done this diet before about 6yrs ago and lasted 3 days! Purely because i hardly like any of the products! This time i need to stick it out as SW & WW are just too slow for me!

Today ive had a choc shake which i struggled with as i find shakes in general sickly and dont have them even when im not dieting! Followed by lunch i tried the porridge and had 1 mouth full and threw it in the bin! It taste VILE! So i then made a leek & potato soup which was ok. Im now sat feeling so sick and thinking which to have for my dinner but feel that sick thethought of liquid is making me get sick come up in my mouth! I NEED SOME PROPER FOOD!!

Edited: just made the tomato soup and had 1 mouth full and its gone down the sink!!!! How VILE! How am i supposed to do a diet when the products are so awful!!!! Im sat here crying my eyes out!

Im so miserable already :,(

Just keep trying hun. I didnt like the tomato soup but did the chicken mushroom and veg. I also hated the porridge then I blended it before microwaved and love it now. I also have the choc shake hot as I'm not really into cold shakes in this weather. But if you do have them cold blend hem with four or five ice cubes makes a world of difference. Also try the ready made packs. Two weeks and you can add a bar a day too.

Stick with it the results are so worth it xxx

Thank you soooooooo much for taking the time to reply.

Well day 2 sees me off work with a banging headache! It must be food/carb withdrawl. Ive had a strawberry shake for breakfast (a ready made one) and that was better than the chocolate one to me so maybe i will get more of those. Dont know what to have for dinner or tea bit will cross that bridge when i come to it. Im in bed at the moment and my head ia killing :/ is it normal for day 2 xx

Last edited:
Trust me, the first 4 days are the WORST! By day 5 and 6, you'll start to feel good! :)

Headaches are VERY normal, make sure you're drinking the required amount of water (at least 2.5 litres) and space it out throughout the day, i personally drink 3 litres.

Also, to be honest the chocolate shakes are disgusting. If you're a fan of coffee, try the cappuccino shakes blended with ice, they taste like a frappuccino from costa! :)

I remember my first few days!! Headaches, feeling cold all the time. I must have also gone through about 10 packets in two days trying to find flavours I liked! All about trial and error. My CDC said she has someone who has tomato soup breakfast lunch and dinner because that's the only one he likes! Xx

I have chocolate shake for breakfast lunch and dinner because thats all i like lol. Its boring but I dont think about the taste. Just want to get it down my neck as quick as possible lol x

I'm starting today and I know exactly how you feel! When I feel like this try think of your perfect body and all the reasons your on the diet. Works wonders for me! We can do it!! Xxx

Definately. All about imagination! If im feeling really desperate I go on the internet and look at the beautiful dresses that I couldnt hope to wear being the size I am and imagine that Im going to feel a million dollars on my hen weekend when I step out in "the dress" :) x

Back