Day 1 of CS

jas0905

Hi there,

I'm Jay and am on day 1 of the CS Plan. I had been looking into the Cambridge Diet but the cost really put me off, I noticed that the Mens 7 day starter packs were down to £7.50 on the Rowlands Pharmacy website so I HAD to get some (actually ordered 22 boxes, which works out at 25 weeks due to the free soups!)

Anyway i'm a 27 year old male who is getting married on 5/5/2012 and I really need to get myself back into shape. As day one stands i'm 23st 4lbs:sigh:. (I was 23st 13lbs on Monday 8/8 but did a mini Atkins style detox to get me started!) I'm 6'2" so kind of carry it off but i'm really not confident with my body. When I met my future wife I was just under 17st and well built (i used to lift weights 5 days a week and play football 2 days). I gradually started putting on a few pounds here and there, but one night snapped the tendons and ligaments in my right ankle playing football. After that the weight piled on and as you can see i've put on nearly 7st in about 3 years.

Now is the time to change it. I'd ideally like to get down to 17st ish again but i'm not too caught up the exact figure, as I can carry off 18st pretty well due to my build. 17st would be nice though.

So wish me luck and i'll keep you all up dated to how I get on.

Starting weight on 8/8/11= 23st 13 lbs
CS starting weight on 12/8/11= 23st 4lbs.

Cheers,

Jay:)

Last edited:
Welcome Jay.

You have done incredible well so far on the Atkin Detox to have lost 9lbs :)
You sound like you are determined to loose the weight and you have one big date to work too. There are a few of use here on this board that post regularly and have only just started CS.

So far i have found it realatively easy, the shakes taste ok and there really do fill you up and the saving grace is that you can have 1 main meal and 3 small snack a day of 'proper' food.

best of luck with your journey.

Thanks, I've tried a few diets over the last year but have given up due to the taste and lack of "proper" food in them (cabbage soup diet anyone?.. the smell makes me want be sick now!).

I'll tell you one thing... i won't go short of CS Shaker cups, i've got 22 of them now haha.

Good luck with the journey everyone!

Well 2nd shake into day 2 and i'm feeling good, managing 3L+ of water a day with no issues (i always drank alot of water so thought i should up it from my usual 2L until my body gets used to the shakes). Not feeling hungry and the shakes are really nice. Looking forward to the next few months and getting this weight off!

I think a positive attitude towards CS and weightloss is just as important as the diet itself. Got myself a bike and joined the gym so am going to get back into that, I used to love the gym and lifting weights ,it may slow down the weight loss figures but I will be measuring myself and working on a "how I look" basis. I'd rather be 18st and have some muscles than 16st and skinny!

Hi Jas, What better motivation than a wedding? Sounds like you have done the hard part already by cutting out the carbs on the Atkins, should be easier for you now. Don't forget to drink 2-3 Litres of water a day and have all the snacks as having 6 small 'meals' a day keeps the metabolism working.
Good luck and keep posting, there is plenty of support available.

Ali XxX

Hi Ali,

The water is not an issues for me, i've always drank loads and love the fact i get to eat 6 times a day! Before hand I wouldn't eat breakfast, have a Subway/McDonalds/KFC for lunch (they are all 2 min from my work :( ) and a bag of crisps or 2! I would then get home and have a sandwich, and then my dinner, and then just snack all night.
Got a really good feeling I can stick to this (i really hope so seeing as i've got 25 weeks worth of shakes in my kitchen haha).

cheers,

J

Hi all,

Still 100% on track, not even had a bad thought enter my head, no cravings at all. Went to Tesco tonight and got all my meat, veg and fruit for the week and wasn't bothered about the offers on pizzas etc. Was more excited about the 3 for £2.50 on stir fry veg!

Had a lovely spicy chicken and prawn stir fry for my dinner (or tea if you're that way inclined!). Am now off work for a week so will be at the gym and using my new bike throughout the week too. Also got the "10 Minute Trainer" DVD and resistant bands from my mate, so will be doing that and getting the missus to give it a go, as she wants to lose 3 stone too (she is around 16st at the moment but also tall like myself).

cheers,
J

Jas how are you getting on? I've fallen off the wagon bit am gettting back on it tomorrow. Am determined to finish all those shakes and soups that are taking up space in my press.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Well i'm back again after a few month of pain.. my ankle went again while exercising and i'm now able to walk again.

Unfortunately i've but weight back on again due to being stuck on a chair all day for the last few months and i'm back up to 335lbs. Head is focused after Christmas etc and i'm going to work harder at the gym than ever and stick at the diet. Really disappointed in myself for putting the weight back on but the lack of gym time really has hampered the cause and made me feel rubbish!

Hey,
Well done for getting back on the wagon. Doesnt seem like there are a lot of people visiting this forum though :sigh:.

Good luck with your weight loss :D:D

Hi guys..i just started CS today..got through my first day ok, although am finding the shakes hard to drink...bit of a funny taste?? or is that just me? tried strawberry and cafe latte...
the rest of the diet is fine with me..remembering to drink my water...and no hunger pangs just yet!! :) good luck to you two too..

fancying trying this plan on groupon... do you have to mix the packs with milk? would anybody recommend it?

Hey Jas

Well done at getting back on it! :)
I'm on day 4, starting to feel more awake (sounds weird i know) but feel like ive got more energy lol!

Good luck lovely! Keep updating us :) x

Back