Day 1 Over - Advice needed please

George1970

Hi Everyone

I have just finished my first day on sole source, and to be honest it wasn't too bad. I feel quite positive about it all, but I am not quite sure about my water intake. In the booklet it say 2.5 ltrs but my Counsellor recomends drinking more than this but no more than 5ltrs, I am not sure what to do. I do excercise quite a bit and have 2 1/2 stone to lose. When my counsellor took my measurements I couldn't believe that not only was my waist 34 inches, my arms were 13inches!!they only used to be 10 I feel so bad and upset that I have let myself go so much. But I am determined to do this. I was a bit upset when I saw my counsellor but after I had a good lengthy chat with her I felt loads better, and feel more determined to do this.

Can I ask you what helped you during your first week on the diet? I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like??

Georgie

"Even the longest journey starts with one step", George.

Don't race it. If you've a fair bit to lose, treat it like a long distance race, several laps. That's a brilliant analogy I've seen used.
Basically - you need to pace yourself.

Resign yourself to spending a fair bit of time evacuating all that liquid. Try not to drink it all at once or you'll strip minerals from your body which isn't a good thing.

What you need to do is keep constantly hydrated to enable your kidneys and liver to continuously flush the leftovers from the fat-burning from your system.

Take all your meals. You'll work out when suits you. Use the search button to help if you have a query, and don't hesitate to shout if you need a question answered, a kick in the rear or a hug. You're outnumbered by women, but sometimes that's a good thing :D

oh - mindless is a good role model. Have a look for his posts. icemoose too. I can't remember his blog address, but someone's bound to post it for you.

Hello to you and well done getting through day 1

Hi there,
Well done for getting through day 1.
I am coming to the end of day 6 now and feel great. I have alot more weight to lose than you, so thought this would be really difficult.
I drink 4 litres of water every - the colder the better cause it helps you lose more calories and have 2 mugs of black coffee.
I haven't cheated once and am gonna do my very best not to cause my husband is paying for this and I don't want to take the p..s.
I don't do any exercise, but am a landscape gardener so think this manual work should be enough for now.
I have found coming on these sites every night really helpful - read some success stories or take a look at the before and after pictures.
Let me know how you are going tomorrow.
TA TA

That was quick! thanks for your replies. I will try and treat my journey one day at a time. I think it will help me to come along on this board and post my feelings. Dont want to be bugging my counsellor too much:eek:

xx Georgie

Hi there

This could get really confusing as I am also Georgie!! I get so excited every time I see another Georgie as I don't often! The thing that is really freaking me out is your user name 1970, that isn't by any chance your year of birth is it, as I was born in 1970?!

Anyway enough of that, well done on getting through day 1. During week one I just worked on one day at a time and told myself if I can just get to the first WI and then take it from there.

Good luck!

Georgie
x

Hi there - I am just coming to the end of day 2 so kinda in same boat! I found day 1 positive and I know its probably not a true reflection of weight loss but I stepped on scales this AM and I was very pleased...

The second day (today) has been a bit more of a strain but nothing compared to what I imagined!

Good Luck and hello to all you regulars - its nice to read your posts!!

Welcome VC and well done on getting to Day 2, stick with it and you will soon be into ketosis and melting that fat away!

Georgie
x

well done, VC - two days down already! :)
You'll be at goal before you know it.

Hey thanks porgeous and Dub 07 - my first experiences with a blog too and cant believe how a) useful b) reassuring it is to know others are out there and are listening to me!!

That's the joy of Minis VC, there is always someone out there ready to listen. CD would be so much harder without everyone on here.

Gx

Back