Day 1, please tell me it gets easier!

Dowd

I have great willpower, and I have no problem dealing with feelings of hunger, but please tell me I'll get used to the taste of the shakes.

I had the strawberry this morning, and thought it was sickeningly awful. Tonight I had the vanilla, and I barely kept it down...I was actually wretching and had to drink it over the bathroom sink!

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to stick at it, but at this rate I dread the next shake:eek:

it does get sooooo much easier! i tried the vanilla and strawberry and soup- hated them all made me feel sick! i have been on the choc shakes for 7 weeks now but make them up with 200mls of water and lots of ice- all the drinks are ok if you add lots of ice and drink them through a straw! my friend adds a spoon of coffee and ice to the vanilla one and makes a frappe! the hunger goes after about 3 days and the headaches etc clear up then as well and from then on in ive found it to be the easiest diet i have ever tried! good luck! my pharmacist was really nice and let me swap all my flavours over for ones i liked :)

Deffo second the drinking ice-cold and through a straw until you get used to the taste. They reminded me of baby formula. It definitely does get better though - stick with it. :0)

today has been my 2nd day on tfr lipo and the shakes i found difficult to swallow but after chucking it back in the blender with even more water. it went down a treat, ive had them hot aswell as cold. As for the soup ive had to make it up with 3/4 of a pint of boiling water with plenty of ground pepper (i knew i shouldve bought shares in pepper hey ho).
Oh and adding coffee to a couple of the shakes really does make yummy aswell as the crushed ice. Thank goodness for food processors and blenders ;)

Last edited:
oh and forgot to mention try adding fresh mint leaves chopped up to the vanilla with or without coffee aswell as try it with choc it tastes great

To be honest, I avoided the soup because I just didn't fancy the idea, and I stayed away from the chocolate because I think it's in my best interests to stay away from chocolatey things for as long as possible!

I went with 7 vanilla and 7 strawberry. Having tasted the vanilla last night, I had it again this morning and will again tonight, so as to get rid of it as soon as possible. The strawberry tastes really bad, but the vanilla really turns my stomach.

Luckily the old school-trick of holding your nose when tasting something you don't like, is working wonders...heh heh.

Next week I think I'll go with all strawberry, and try one chocolate.

Oh, and when people suggest ice, do you mean just a few cubes to chill the drink down, or do you use the blender on it to turn it into a slushy-type thing?

To be honest, I avoided the soup because I just didn't fancy the idea, and I stayed away from the chocolate because I think it's in my best interests to stay away from chocolatey things for as long as possible!

I went with 7 vanilla and 7 strawberry. Having tasted the vanilla last night, I had it again this morning and will again tonight, so as to get rid of it as soon as possible. The strawberry tastes really bad, but the vanilla really turns my stomach.

Luckily the old school-trick of holding your nose when tasting something you don't like, is working wonders...heh heh.

Next week I think I'll go with all strawberry, and try one chocolate.

Oh, and when people suggest ice, do you mean just a few cubes to chill the drink down, or do you use the blender on it to turn it into a slushy-type thing?

hey hunne, blend blend blend, i love my shakes now, i mix vanilla, ice, water, spoon of coffee and blend, yum yum
choc the exact same yummy,

strawberrry with ice and sweetners

and the soup boiling hot and pepper, i even blend this so no lumps

i can reccomend blending so much, they are really rather nice this way

If you drink a glass of water before drinking your shake it will help to dilute the taste of the vitamins and minerals.

This taste will go in the next few days or so as your body adapts...then you will only taste the flavours like strawberry, chocolate etc.

Hi Dowd,

Just wanted to say, I lost a lot of weight on LT 2 yrs ago and like you, I struggled with the taste at first. Keep going, it's an age old cliche but it does get easier to stomach the taste and eventually, you'll even get excited about adding coffee/mint etc to your shakes!

Well, it's the little things...

L, tabi x

Like the others have said, the shakes do get easier to drink. My first day I struggled with them, now I know how I like them made up and I'm used to the taste I quite look forward to them. Remember, they're not intended to be especially nice!

I have great willpower, and I have no problem dealing with feelings of hunger, but please tell me I'll get used to the taste of the shakes.

I had the strawberry this morning, and thought it was sickeningly awful. Tonight I had the vanilla, and I barely kept it down...I was actually wretching and had to drink it over the bathroom sink!

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to stick at it, but at this rate I dread the next shake:eek:
Have you tried adding a touch more water and try mixing it in the blender. I had found it taste all that more palatable

Hi, I have done LT before, that was about 2 yrs ago and I really liked most of the flavours and the chicken soup! :)
I used to get vanilla which I had for breakfast, chocolate for lunch and chicken soup for dinner. I didn't dislike them apart from the strawberry one.

I am thinking of going back to it, but I don't know if they've changed the receipes.
I hope you get on alright with them and soon get used to the taste!!! :wavey:

p.s I also agree with the message above about blending the shakes and soup. Mine always tasted lovely when they were blended, all frothy and nice!

Hi, I have done LT before, that was about 2 yrs ago and I really liked most of the flavours and the chicken soup! :)
I used to get vanilla which I had for breakfast, chocolate for lunch and chicken soup for dinner. I didn't dislike them apart from the strawberry one.

I am thinking of going back to it, but I don't know if they've changed the receipes.
I hope you get on alright with them and soon get used to the taste!!! :wavey:

p.s I also agree with the message above about blending the shakes and soup. Mine always tasted lovely when they were blended, all frothy and nice!

lol exact same as me, vanilla for brekki, choc for dinner and soup for, been mixing em up a bit this week but love my evening soup

Back