Day 1 SS

Foosey

Hi everyone, hope you are doing OK today. I am on my first day and haven't really had anything yet. I made the chicken and mushroom soup at work for lunch, didn't have breakfast because i don't normally anyway, just a cup of tea. I hated the chicken and mushroom soup yuck yuck yuck. Got home and decided to try another soup, tried the vegetable, yuck yuck.Just wondering what to try next as all i have had today is a couple of sips of soup before throwing it away.
Porridge or shake?

This is going to sound really harsh, but if you make something up then you need to eat it, regardless of whether you like it or not.

You HAVE to have you 3 a day (if you're SSing and under 5"8), or you can risk having health problems.

If you throw things away, you won't have enough for a weeks supply, and will come unstuck at the end of the week...

I would suggest a shake, but please please eat it. If you don't like it, how about holding your nose and forcing it down?

Sorry, good luck!

Hi Liz,
I did buy extra in anticipation of not liking something and my CDC will swap the ones i don't like with something i do. I think i will try a shake as you suggested.
Thanks for your help

Hey Foosey.
Just to say good luck on your journey. My first few days I tried the soups and hated them too.. but the shakes are yummy we are all different so its just a matter of taste and finding whats right for you.
I have the tetra chocolate (ready made cartons) and sachets choc, bananna, mint choc, on your third week you can have bars and mix a mousse too..
Good luck hon and stick with it its worth it when you see the results x

Thats good that you have a few extra!

I think the shakes are more popular than the soups, but as curly said, everyones different.

I love the chocolate shakes with some coffee added, and the choc mint.

Let us know how the shake goes!

Awww thanks Curly. I am now in the process of drinking a butterscotch shake which i blended with water and ice cubes which is not too bad. I will try the porridge maybe later. I think i will make my next shake a chocolate one as these seem to be the most popular.
Ok, the butterscotch shake has gone, first complete meal done !!!!!
I have actually found it very filling.
Liz the shake was defianatley better than the soup.
Thanks for your support while i whinge and moan, I will try not to do it too often:D

Lol thats ok, thats what we are all here for!

This is the best place to moan, as everyone else understands where you're coming from and what you're feeling!

Moan on!

Well done with starting on CD! Its a great diet :)
Your CDC will be able to swap soups you know you dont like, there seem to be favourites on the board, but it is down to personal choice.
I LOVE the chicken and mush soups....but the shakes are just delicious! I LOVE THEM!!!
If you had toild me 5 weeks ago i would have been living on mainly shakes, i would have told you to get out of here....but its real and the results are even better!
Keep up the good work, but as a PP said, you need to make sure you have your 3 "meals" a day
xxxxx

Foosey - do you like curry? I used to love the soups, but went off them and tried adding a bit of curry powder and it was lovely :)

I rarely have soups now, as the choc tetras are so nice - and the choc mint shake hot is lovely. I wanted to get through some soups though that I'd had for ages and tried the curry thing, which really helped!

Good luck with CD :)

I must admit the soups have never appealed to me so I've never tried them but the shakes when I did it last time were good, especially when I mixed my packs! The chocolate tetras are lovely though, warm in a microwave (in a mug though, I don't think the packs can go in the microwave!) and top up with hot water and it's a luuuuurverly hot chocolate, good to combat the cold from ketosis!

hi foosey im on day two sole source, hope you enjoyed your shake, im not one for shakes normally but the ready made tetras are yummy.
tried porridge tonight, not bad, felt good to be eating something not just drinking! lol. sounds like you'll be giving soups a miss then next week? good luck for next few days, keep online for lots of support x

I only tried out a few flavours but now stick to choc shakes and tetras and chick & mush soup. It takes time to find what you like and as long as you have spares you will get the meals that you need. Glad you enjoyed the butterscotch shake - I think with the soups and porridges you either love or loathe them - the shakes are little easier to go down.

Good luck with your CD journey.

Hey all,
I am on day 3 now and not feeling too bad. Thats a good idea about the curry power watergirl cos I love curry
I have had a choc tetra Sunflowers but not the way you suggest. I will definitely give that a go.
I have tried the porridge Lifetimeloser, I preferred the Apple and Cinnamon to the original and yes it is nice to kind of chew something.
I did get a big mixture of flavours Wales, I am just trying to get around to see what I like. I had a hot Cappuccino this morning for breakfast that wasn't too bad.
Thanks Liz for your words of wisdom, it really helps as you know what I am going through as you have passed my stage.
You are all awesome xxxxx

Hey,
Im starting the cambridge diet this week and have just recieved my list to choose what flavours to order! Atm. im gonna try a couple of the soups possibly the spicy tomato?. But i have such a sweet tooth reckon i will get mainly shakes!

Any suggestions? Atm. def gonna try choc, choc mint, strawberry and butterscotch.....

Am i allowed tetras straight away? cos the ice cream sounds ace.

Hey,
Im starting the cambridge diet this week and have just recieved my list to choose what flavours to order! Atm. im gonna try a couple of the soups possibly the spicy tomato?. But i have such a sweet tooth reckon i will get mainly shakes!

Any suggestions? Atm. def gonna try choc, choc mint, strawberry and butterscotch.....

Am i allowed tetras straight away? cos the ice cream sounds ace.
Hi there,
Yes you are allowed tetras on your first week but have to drink more water if you have them. I hated all the soups i got but I am gonna try the spicy tomato this week as i dont normally like tomato so will probably love it, you know how it goes.
Personally I am not too keen on any of the chocolate shakes but i know lots of people do. The cappuccino shake with a little extra coffee in and made warm was quite nice.
Banana was OK too. The original porridge I found yuck but with a bit a ground cinnamon in it changed it to one of my favourite things so far.
Butterscotch shake was not bad.
Good luck to you for the coming week

Back