Day 1 = visiting the toilet a LOT

Tilleymonster

;)Anyone else experiencing this? I mean, I guess I've drunk way more than I normally would, so it makes sense. But totally unexpected.

I feel so determined today - it is day 1 so I should hope so! Decided to wash the car and book a hair appointment and generally organise my life a bit. It's felt good to take control back.

Staying with family this weekend so I'm going to have to tell them. Very annoying, as really don't want to have to discuss it and get all the nay-saying. Still... has to be done.

Now to work out what to have for dinner. Hmmm....

oh oh - and how gorgeous is the porridge? Beats my daily porridge oats and honey. Yum!xx

Haha yeah, the amount of water in your system, your bound to need to let it out a few times a day. I drink 3-4ltrs a day so trust me I know. :p

When I started (3weeks ago) I made the porridge all wrong and was so disappointed because I love porridge and before I started LLL I would have oatso simple every morning. My LLL councillor showed me how to make it thick and enough to fill you up using roughly 115ml of hot water, now I just don't measure and know when its right. Try it with cinnamon its really great I have it with cinnamon everyday :)

thenewgirl90

.x.

;)Anyone else experiencing this? I mean, I guess I've drunk way more than I normally would, so it makes sense. But totally unexpected.

I feel so determined today - it is day 1 so I should hope so! Decided to wash the car and book a hair appointment and generally organise my life a bit. It's felt good to take control back.

Staying with family this weekend so I'm going to have to tell them. Very annoying, as really don't want to have to discuss it and get all the nay-saying. Still... has to be done.

Now to work out what to have for dinner. Hmmm....

oh oh - and how gorgeous is the porridge? Beats my daily porridge oats and honey. Yum!xx

Hello,
I'm still weeing alot and I'm on day 10! but it's all good for us, just got to make sure i can get to the loo wherever i go!

I think you're family will be supportive, just let them know that It's your decision and your body. I will say be selective with who you tell. I told quite a few friends, as they are the ones I would normally eat and drink with, and I had mixed reactions. most were supportive and enthusiastic and others were really upset with me and told me it was too drastic. But I had to tell them that this is a last resort. nothing else has worked.
After my first weigh in and I lost 8lbs they soon changed their tune and did comment that I have a lot more energy.

often people don't like to see people in their life make changes for the better as it forces them to evaluate their life and the changes they need to make but are afraid to face up to.

as for getting your hair done, thats a brilliant plan. It's amazing how everything else in life seems easier. I will come home from work at midnight and still have the energy to clear up, do the washing and do some yoga.
I'm going to get my hair done when I get paid... Can't wait!

Good luck in your first week and if you ever feel tempted just come on here and look at the photo gallery. It's always keeps me on track!

v x

Hi, re: the going to the toilet/needing to wee so much slow down after a while? Was up three times last night and had planned to go and visit my mate who works in a shop in the town but talked myself out of it and subsequently and stupidly missed out on some social time. I know there's toilets in town but I have arthritis in my hip which makes walking, especially quickly, difficult! lol Right, off to try and sort myself out with one of these ticker things...

I think it does settle down-I don't get up at night anymore. Still go a fair bit in the day (any excuse not to be at my desk!!) but I think you get used to that. Body definitely copes better in the night now. Poor thing...how annoying to miss out :-( you'll be used to it in no time x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your body needs a little time to get used to the increased fluid intake :) Perhaps monitor this for a few weeks and don't drink so much? I slow down when I sense that anything I drink passes right through within 30 minutes... Means I'm having too much. Don't overwork your kidneys and drink to thirst. :)

Though I do have to say, worrying about finding toilets in town... I think I have a few 'safe' locations mapped out in my head, if the need arises I'm never too far away!! :D

Back