DAY 1

Teeje42

Hoping I can stay motivated by using this forum!!!

Day 3 and not sure what all the ketosis thing is about but my stomach is rumbling today!! Think the weekend is going to be hard but still looking forward to the weigh in. Hoping the tiredness happens over the weekend. When did you start?

Hi All!

Ridiculously nervous about starting both the diet and the forum but needed somewhere that people truly know what i'm going through. I've tried - and failed - this past few years with both WW and SW and at almost 19 stone i am pretty desperate now.
A few weeks ago i was diagnosed as Bipolar II, my self confidence is below floor level and i just need to get my bum in gear and find a way back to happy. Hopefully i'll find some friends along the way :)

sarah1977 said:
Hi All!

Ridiculously nervous about starting both the diet and the forum but needed somewhere that people truly know what i'm going through. I've tried - and failed - this past few years with both WW and SW and at almost 19 stone i am pretty desperate now.
A few weeks ago i was diagnosed as Bipolar II, my self confidence is below floor level and i just need to get my bum in gear and find a way back to happy. Hopefully i'll find some friends along the way :)

Hi Sarah, Welcome and this forum had helped me stay strong I was desperate but hey I am on day 13 and my confidence has gone through the roof people have started to notice my weight loss and my clothes are getting baggy, read the stories on here they are amazing and give you strength xx

Hi and thank you. Day 13, well done you! I've been reading loads of stories and there are so many inspiring ones! Just hope I can add to them :) xxx

Well I'm on Day 4 and have stuck to it!!!! Spent the day with friends today surrounded by people drinking and eating fish and chips and I stuck to water and black coffee!! That isn't to say I wanted to dive over the table and grab their food. Could have gone out tonight but not sure I could stand being strong any more and am feeling pretty tired. Apparently that's a symptom!! so came home and had my shake got into my pj's and tomorrow is another day. I have support from a friend that did it last year and she's been brilliant. Didn't ever get that when I was dieting before. Good luck girls xxx

Well done Teeje! Know that "wanting to jump at the food" feeling :p

Hey Sarah! Well done for joining - just have faith in yourself and you'll do it. Time goes so quick and before you know it you'll be at your target weight. xx

Thanks guys, can't believe I'm being so mardy on day 1! Had 'latte' for breakfast, soup for lunch and just chugging on strawberry shake for tea. All 3 are foul! But! No pain no gain!

Well it was weigh in yesterday and I lost 9lbs!!! Was a bit gutted as my friend lost 12 in her first week but as everyone says that's over half a stone. The best thing is the inches, I measured myself before I started with an old Rosemary Connely ruler and I have lost an inch off - each arm, leg, bust, hips and 2 inches off my waist!!! It's not all about the weight but how you feel and look!!

Here's 2 another boring week 2!!! PS tried the flapjacks......urghhhh!!!

Good luck everyone x

Well done - don't compare yourself to other people, just keep going for your own good. The inches loss is amazing! Also, don't forget you are 4% smaller than you were a week ago!!!!!!

Well it was weigh in yesterday and I lost 9lbs!!! Was a bit gutted as my friend lost 12 in her first week but as everyone says that's over half a stone. The best thing is the inches, I measured myself before I started with an old Rosemary Connely ruler and I have lost an inch off - each arm, leg, bust, hips and 2 inches off my waist!!! It's not all about the weight but how you feel and look!!

Here's 2 another boring week 2!!! PS tried the flapjacks......urghhhh!!!

Good luck everyone x
The inches are most important to me :D Well done that is a great first weigh in

foggie said:
The inches are most important to me :D Well done that is a great first weigh in

Glad you said that cause I have lost loads of inches more than on the scales and I am 18 days into it and everyone is commenting on how much weight I have lost :)

Wedding Bells said:
Glad you said that cause I have lost loads of inches more than on the scales and I am 18 days into it and everyone is commenting on how much weight I have lost :)

Oh and well done on your weigh in fantastic :)

On Day 11 and nearly cracked yesterday, I would kill or mug someone for solid food at the moment!!! But did cheat a little and had a few mouthfuls of plain tuna. Have checked this morning and I'm still in ketosis thank god!!! This is so hard not sure I'll be able to keep it up for a few months.

Teeje42 said:
On Day 11 and nearly cracked yesterday, I would kill or mug someone for solid food at the moment!!! But did cheat a little and had a few mouthfuls of plain tuna. Have checked this morning and I'm still in ketosis thank god!!! This is so hard not sure I'll be able to keep it up for a few months.

Well Done I am on day 20 and this diet is hard so be proud of yourself, if you do need something chicken is your best bet rather than anything else xx
Keep up the good work x

Teejee well done & IRS great you are still in ketosis & looking online tuna is ketone food. Just keep thinking of reason you are on it & it will defo help you keep motivated & going & also come into the main forum starter thread & you can get great support from everyone in there x

Sorry to interrupt - I was just wondering how you check that you were still in ketosis? Thanks for your help!

Back