DAY 13 AND ITS NOT GOING WELL.

Pixie

Silver Member
Some of you may know that for the past week or so I have not been able to keep the shakes or soups down.
Well its still happening and Im feeling really ill now because of the fact I am surviving on one measly bar a day :(
I cant even do other things with the soups/shakes as just the thought of them now makes me nauseous :(
I feel dizzy in the shower and constantly tired.
Im also struggling with the water, I was ok when started using the flavourings for a few days but they gave me awful stomach cramps cos of the fibre they contain so back onto plain water now and I couldn't be more miserable :(
Please somebody cheer me up...
Does anyone else have similar problems?

How long have you not been able to keep the shakes/soups down Pixie???

Have you tried halving the sachets and having them with more water???

If you have - or that doesn't work, i think you should consider if this diet is for you??? Whilst it is a great diet for lots of people - it doesn't suit everyone - and the rate you are going on you'll be really ill.

Take care.

Hiya.. i have to agree with Beverley... if it is making you ill you will need to have a look at changing to something else.... or maybe introducing some protein throughout the day to keep you going...

prob no help at all but take care and i hope it works out for you

love

gen xx

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies...
Do you know what protein I can eat to keep me in ketosis?
I am vegetarian so chicken/fish etc is out.
Thanks.

Hi Pix

Sorry you are feeling so bad, I am struggling to eat the shakes etc... and also have struggled with the water over the past few days. I made a special effort yesturday & ate one bar - whihc was fine. I made myself a chocolate mousse & could only manage 1/2 and a Tai chilli shoup and got down 3/4 of it. So an improvement at least.

I am not feeling dizzy or ill like you, but am incredibly tired. My LLC told me to think of them as medicine and get as much down as poss.

Is it cos you do not like them or are they actually making you ill??

x

:confused: Pixie I'm so sorry you feel like that! I think if I were you I would ring the counsellor. She may have come across somebody in your situation before and may know how to deal with it. She may try and push you to stay on because don't forget they get the money from you, so just be aware of that.
Did you have a good doctor who signed you off for the diet? Maybe he/she would be able to help you?

Good luck!

:confused: Pixie I'm so sorry you feel like that! I think if I were you I would ring the counsellor. She may have come across somebody in your situation before and may know how to deal with it. She may try and push you to stay on because don't forget they get the money from you, so just be aware of that.
Did you have a good doctor who signed you off for the diet? Maybe he/she would be able to help you?

No I had to go to a private Doc as my GP doesn't support it :(
I've got my weigh in tmo morning so I'll see how it goes then.
I ate a few chunks of quorn today, just the plain chicken style pieces, does anyone know if thats ok?

Hiya Pixie,

How did your weigh-in go! I'm hoping it may spur you on again. I hope you managed to talk to the counsellor and that she has given you some tips to make them more palatable for you.

I can't believe a doctor actually not endorsing LL. You are trying to lose weight for goodness sake. The doctors should to all they can to encourage you not discourage you!!!!!!

Don't make the the fact that you have eaten some Quorn discourage you. Just get back on the wagon... Cheer up! :) :)

Oh weird eh?
I always eat Quorn usually (before LL) and it was FAB for losing weight.
I asked my LL counsellor today and she said it was ok as a one off to stop me keeling over she has given me extra bars instead of shakes now which should be better!

Hiya Pixie,

How did your weigh-in go! I'm hoping it may spur you on again. I hope you managed to talk to the counsellor and that she has given you some tips to make them more palatable for you.

I can't believe a doctor actually not endorsing LL. You are trying to lose weight for goodness sake. The doctors should to all they can to encourage you not discourage you!!!!!!

Don't make the the fact that you have eaten some Quorn discourage you. Just get back on the wagon... Cheer up! :) :)

Hi Slinky, my LLc said it was fine and Im still well into ketosis so its all good.
She said Quorn is one of the first things they re-introduce along with Tofu in management so its not a problem.
Shes going to try me on 2 bars a day from now on and see how it goes.:D
I lost 5.5lbs this week! Which is not suprising as I have been essentially starving myself and only been drinking 2ltrs of water max per day!
I too cant believe the Doctor thing, Im training to be a Doctor myself and cant believe how unsupportive some of them are, a lot of Doctors go into the job for the wrong reasons, they are not interested in welfare and care they are interested in status and money and it shows! GGRRRRR!:mad:

Pixie well done! Your back on track and you've manage to lose quite a bit! I hope you get on much better with the bars.
Good luck!

Well done on your weight loss during such trying circumstances. I hope the changes you have implemented make it much easier for you :)

Back