Day 2 failure :(

Crumbs

Well, day 1 SS yesterday was OK really. Had a nasty taste in my mouth and the feeling of having a 'furry'/dirty tongue. Maybe from not mixing the soups enough?
And today ... had a portion of chips :mad:. Went to the beach with some friends and my resolve just disolved.
Oddly I wasn't hungry really - a pang or two but nothing much - but what got me was the thought of having to eat those artificial things for weeks. And I know it's worse to be fat but you know when you whole being rebels against eating something, it was like that.
I felt actually that could fairly happily prefer just not to eat. But I have no idea how to do a water fast safely from a bmi +/- 50ish.
Wish I could find a dietician who believed in water fasts.
Feel a bit of a failure really tonight. To cheer myself, ordered a fat and weight measuring set of scales from Amazon!
Not sure where I go from here. Have to regroup. The CD advisor said come back when my head is in a better place!

Hope you find a diet that you feel more comfortable with. Good luck x
100% thread?

wow you CDC doesnt sound very helpful or supportive!

Thanks both. Reading the CD pages now in more depth, I wonder if starting immediately on the 450 diet with no preparation was not the best idea.
I've been reading that, especially if you have had a large carbs intake, as I did (do) then it can be too much to go straight to the lowest CD diet. Maybe SS+ would have been better for a week or so?
May look for a new consultant - though I'm sure she meant it kindly but I am very large so maybe she was not used to vlp (very large people!)
I still feel it is a very good diet.
Best wishes :)

Just remembered that by the official CWP rules anyone with a bmi over 40 shouldn't start on ss/ss+ so you're 100% right and no wonder it didn't work for you! If you really do wasn't to lose weight quickly in a safe way CWP is one of the best options sounds like you'd defo need a new consultant though. Good luck love x

The rules may be different in amsterdam, though. but yes - i would try a higher plan for a while.

I think you shoudl definatly try a higher plan, remeber you will still see some great losses on these plans, but they will be much more sustainable for you while you get you head around ss or ss+.

Good luck and dont give up ;-)

If you try the diet again maybe try sieving the soups and having them quicker, then have ur water all day, try to take the meals like a medicine and then it'l be like ur on the water detox. You need vits and minerals so the products are really to provide you with these. hope u are well

x

Don't do a water fast - there is a reason that no dieticians promote it.

The reason that Cambridge is OK even with such low Cals is because it still has the protein & carb requirements that your brain & muscles need to function.

Maybe you could give Cambridge another try with a shorter goal time-frame?? Maybe try to do SS for a month then go up to a higher plan that allows meals for a couple of weeks, & do it this way??

A higher plan sounds like the best solution to your problems and by the way once you are in ketosis you won't feel the terrible hunger or cravings.

Water fasting is very dangerous to health, and will cause your body to eat your muscles for protein. The heart is a muscle, and so is the brain. You need protein, vitamins and minerals to protect your lean body mass as you lose weight.

Cambridge and other VLCDs have options that include a little food. They are excellent plans and they promote good weight loss. All the best!

Sorry your CDC is pants, the rules from CHQ are no meds and BMI over 50 step 3 minimum, no meds and BMI 40 to 49.9 step 2 minimum. My advice is to take a week to reset and reduce your carb and up your water intake then find a new CDC on you can't fine a new CDC follow the guide on Cambridge web to follow the right step and just see your CDC for stock xx

mama - might the rules not be different in the Netherlands (which is where the OP lives)?

If I was BMI 50+ then I think 450cal would kill me, the added food is still a NICE regulated diet so I personally would class as healthy

girlygirl1 said:
A higher plan sounds like the best solution to your problems and by the way once you are in ketosis you won't feel the terrible hunger or cravings.

Water fasting is very dangerous to health, and will cause your body to eat your muscles for protein. The heart is a muscle, and so is the brain. You need protein, vitamins and minerals to protect your lean body mass as you lose weight.

Cambridge and other VLCDs have options that include a little food. They are excellent plans and they promote good weight loss. All the best!

The brain isn't muscle!! But it's yummy yummy protein! Drooool!! Otherwise this is scientifically sound TICK!!! gold star!!! Great advice!!!

pahaha Im glad your checking everyones work Tara... I mean advice...!

Back