Day 2 ... Is this normal?

sparklesnicole

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post... New to the Cambridge Plan and new to the forum.

So I am nearly through day 2. I wonder if someone can guide me a little:

Yesterday I felt sooo hungry but managed to stave it off with lots of water (finding hot water really helps cure the pains!!)

But today, day two. I found myself waking up at 5am (an hour before my alaram) wide awake and ready for the day. So far today I have not had any hunger pains and only had a headache for 10mins. I have had two (very!) weak black cups of decaf coffee. Am I doing something wrong not to be experiencing any 'side affects' ..... am I lucky or is the worst yet to come?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

xxx

Last edited:
hi! I'm on day 2, I woke early but really needed a wee! hunger has been on and off today but I'm managing and I've had coffee as well. in the past when I've detoxed I think it was a combination of caffine withdrawl and not drinking enough so being dehydrated. so I'm trying to drink enough and im not coming off the caffine lol! I think the worst day can be day 3 or 4 when you will start to go into ketosis, maybe shaky of feel unwell. but I was ok in the past so hopefully you will be too. How are you finding the food? the original porridge was ok today (I dint like the pecan one!) and the mango shake made with crushed ice was ok as well. I'm just finding an after taste with everything

I tried the No caffeine yesterday, ended up in a major tantrum and a headache - hence the very weak black coffee.
I have never detoxed or done a plan like this before. I am quite nervous to start ketosis as I will be at work. But I am see my consultant on Thursday night, hoping for a small loss in four day!!

I tried the maple and peacon one too, not a favourite at all! Sticking to the plain porridge. Banana shakes is good - I had that yesterday for lunch. And I have fallen in love with the potato and leek soup. May have to try the mango shake in my next order.
I have a big work lunch tomorrow, its going to be a test and a half!
How are you finiding day 2? x

day 2 went ok, I have to be honest, I didn't like the potato and leek soup last night :sigh: I'm not sure what it is, is it the texture or the after taste? I've done diets before and never had an issue with the food, just the amount lol! my consultant only had 1 original porridge which I had yesterday. I'm going to try the maple and pecan one again this morning. no headache today either (I really do think its caffine withdrawl for me and the headache is horrible and lasts over a week) I did get up twice for a wee last night! though I'm always being told off for not drinking enough in general, so having 2 1/2 litres of fluid a day will be new to my system! if you struggle at your lunch today just have egg or some meat? or are you planning on not eating? hope you do ok :D

Ohh no, I added a bit of black pepper to mine as my consultant said pepper was ok. Maybe it gives it a bit move flavour?
I have two maple an peacon left over, might ask if I can swap them at my appointment tomorrow.

Lunch went really well, everyone was tucking into their food and I was sat there with my glass of tap water chatting away, very proud moment! I had a soup when I got back. Struggling this afternoon, loosing my energy slowly - black coffee for a pick me up i think it will be.

x

Hi, i am pretty new to the cambridge dieat also so i thought i would give my input :)
the first 3 days i have to admit are the hardest nd i nearly caved on sevaral occasions but i am so glad i didn't. In the first couple of days its just pure will power i think.. i have to admit i was so hungry but all the time i was thinking if i eat something it will take longer for my body to go into ketosis and i will have to put up with feeling like this for even longer!!
Well done for lunch time! seeing other people eat is always hard but it gets easier!!
Keep up to good work and the pounds will be dropping off in no time, just keep thinking of the end result. good luck!!

x

how did yesterday go? Black pepper, should have thought of that! I'll do that today. The maple and pecan porridge was better second time, but I do think I'll swap them. This morning I'm having the chocolate shake as hot chocolate and its really nice!! still no headache but last night I woke up, maybe because of the gale force winds! and I was really dizzy and felt sick. seem to have slept it off and I'm ok this morning. maybe I'm now in ketosis:) I've resported to wrting down what I need to drink for the day, a list that says tea, coffee large water etc etc to make sure I drink enough and don't lose track. hope you're doing ok

I think days 3 & 4 are worst for me and then by the end of the week I don't feel hungry but energy for me didn't pick up until week 3 but each time and each person is different. Good luck sounds like you're all doing well x

Hi,

I'm on day 3 and no ketosis :-( Had sugar in tea yesterday without thinking so can only put it down to that?
Woke up feeling like lead today so made sure I had plenty of water and my shakes for b/f and lunch and starting to feel better but was so hungry and lethargic I had 2 cold boiled eggs - it was that or carbs and caffeine.. Going out for dinner with b/f tonight to wetherspoons, have looked on their website and I'm going to have superfood chicken salad!
Any help greatly appreciated.....

E x

It might have been the sugar but it takes people different lengths of time to get into ketosis. I think the average is 3-5 days.
The chicken salad should be fine but make sure there isn't some ridiculously high calorie dressing on it haha..
Good luck with the rest of the week! And keep us updated!x

Thanks! I got my own ketostix from the chemist! Just starting to get a headache, water and water!!

Going to ask for the salad with no dressing but some balsamic vinegar on the side! It's what I would do at home as I'm ss+ doing the small meal. Thought this would be as close as I can get to a CWP meal whilst our?

E x

hi emmalina, if you're on day 3 today then you probably wouldn't be, if tonight goes to plan and you don't get any hidden sugars in your food it will probably be tomorrow or the day after. don't worry too much, on 500 or so calories you will still lose weight! the advantage of ketosis is that you feel less hungry as well. all the best with your meal! I'm away for the weekend in a couple of weeks to see Beyoncé! think I will come out of ketosis for 2 days and then go straight back on (wont go mad though).are they funny at you at the chemist when you ask for the sticks? I always expect to be quizzed by them lol!

Didn't mean to send that so quickly"!

I told the chemist people they were for a friend who was diabetic! I've got a horrid taste in my mouth and mouth is really dry - just trying to get the water down the hatch :)
Got my brothers 30th birthday on Sunday! Going to have to be super strong not to eat the food.
E x

I was going to go and get some ketostix but hopefully being on day 9 i think i should be in it by now and i have the horrible taste e.t.c also my pee really smells of sugar puffs (TMI) haha anyone else get this? or is it becasue im not drinking enough water?
Well dont for the loss by the way! keep it up x

Hi Hannah!

Can I be naughty and ask how much you lost in your first week? I'm 5"8 and weighed 13st 9lb now a whole 4.5lbs lighter! Going to have to stop thinking about ketosis and concentrate on drinking water. Are there any mints we are allowed to help combat the bad breath/taste? Love using this forum for support but would ove a text buddy as don't want my CDC to think I'm a diet stalker!!
E x

I am just nearing end of 1st week and im pretty sure I have had a very minimal loss :( I shall fidn out tonight.
My day 1/2 was awful, like I had flu but its been fine since then and ive been in ketosis since day 4 - so fingers crossed my loss isnt as minimal as its feeling.

Back