Day 2 of and looking for buddies and support!

Hey everyone!

Just introducing myself really - I started the Cambride Diet yesterday. Day 1 was an absolute doddle - couldn't believe how easy it was! However, I'm on day 2 of step 2 and starting to feel it now; tiredness, lack of concentration and needing to pee all the time!

I have PCOS and want to get pregnant in the near future but my periods are so irregular that I know we will find it difficult. I am currently the heaviest I've ever been (I know the PCOS doesn't help that!) but I'm hoping that if I get down to a healthy weight we will be able to have a baby.

My mum thinks I'm crazy doing this diet so have come online to see if anybody wants to buddy up and offer each other support?

How have you found it so far?

I'm mostly hungry right now!! How do you space out your shakes/small meal to keep you going all day?!

xxx

Hi. Welcome. I'm on week 2, im doing sole source so just on the shakes at the moment. I lost 7lbs my first week, I weigh tomorrow for my second weigh in. I found day 2 I was so tired I could have slept all day:) it gets easier.
I can have the bars from tomorrow which I'm looking forward to.

I feel so much happier already. I haven't told everyone as people have mixed opinions on it. But the closest people to me know.

How much do u want to lose?

Last edited:
Wow - well done on your first week! That's really great and it's lovely to hear you're feeling much happier.

I need to lose 4 stone as a minimum really! It's a really big number so I am pretty much terrified and hope I don't give up until I'm there. After day one I've realised I hate the soups so heading back to my CDCs house to swap them for shakes...to be honest the only flavour I've liked so far is the chocolate & mint. The others haven't been great :-s Might try vanilla as it is a bit more on the plain side!

x

I want to lose 5-6 stone. 5 is my target but 6 would be ideal.

I'm the same with u and the soups, I can't stand them. I tried some this week but I would rather have a shake. I'm having choc/choc mint and banana at the moment. I did have vanilla but after a few the thought of having another made me feel sick.
Everyone's tastes r different. It's finding what u like. I get my first measurements tomorrow will be good to see what the inch loss is so far.

Good luck to both of you :) I'm a choc/ choc mint only person too. At a push I will have the leek and potato soup but everything else I hate, except the bars! I find the tiredness goes on day 3 or 4 as does the real hunger- the habit/ emotional hunger lasts a bit longer. I started early October and don't even think of food now even though I spend my time cooking and baking for the family. My target was 9 stone so still have a way to go yet. Looking forward to hearing how you get on

Just looked at your losses that looks AMAZING. You're doing really well Bessie - especially with so much weight to lose before your goal (as I have too, although not so much!) I imagine those incredible losses keep you motivated.

I'm on Day 3 and omg it is HARD today. I feel SO hungry all the time, which I didnt on days 1 and 2. I hope I can get through this - especially as I am working over the next 2 nights!

How did you get on with nights- imagine that must be tough. It is worth hanging on because the losses certainly keep you motivated and now I don't even think of food- not even tasting what I cook or lucking the mix off my fingers when I bake goodies for the kids!

The nights haven't been nearly as bad as I thought they would be. On days I'm working I stagger my shakes to later in the day so first one after 11am then the next at 4pm so I can have something when I get into work later on.

I was at a wedding yesterday and had to eat some food but stuck to fish and veg and ignored potatoes and canapes and late night buffet so it could have been a lot worse. I weighed myself this morning and it seems like theres no damage done even if my losses do stay still for a couple of days!

how are you guys getting on?

xxxx

Back