Day 3 of Lipotrim!! Anybody else just starting??

Thank you ladies, I feel much better now all round - an early night, and an evening of my foot up resting on two pillows also helped :)

Tequila - I was 7 months pregnant when I got married as well!! I had to make my own wedding dress (since the local wedding gown shops didn't cater for maternity...!). I booked the wedding before finding out I was pregnant but I didn't want to put it off. It's a special day, no matter what. Mine was on a budget too, but we all had a lovely time.

Luckily, I don't think I have to see the nurse again so I can put her negativity behind me. It's not like I could say anything to her at the time, she had a massive needle stuck in my arm! LOL!

Let's hope the sun comes out a bit today - could do with a gentle walk to clear the cobwebs and keep the metabolism up. I enjoy a walk with my earphones in, I feel much better than sweating in a gym.

Hope you all enjoy your days xx

Good for you being careful with the pennies Becka. My wedding was done with just 2weeks notice, we got a cancellation at the registry office and then went home for a party. Cost £500 in total and most of that was booze. It helped that the weather was scorching, and my dh is a musician so we got some of his friends to gig for free on the patio. The one thing I think I should have done is have some photos...It was a special day and we don't have any reminders of it. I remember going to a florist two days before on a whim asking if she could do me a bouquet with roses and she quoted me about £75 so I went for gerberas instead at about £25!! Ours was a whirlwind romance:we met in December, married the following august, and our first baby arrived 4 weeks after that...we didn't waste any time! That was 10 yrs ago now so I think we beat the odds, eh?

I have been in bed all day...it's even hurt to get a co-codamol down my throat so haven't managed any shakes today...hope I turn a corner soon, I'm not a good patient.
How is everyone else finding it? Glad your foot is a bit better Paula, mine was eased by wearing those arch support things you put in your shoes. The gel pads were a waste of money though. Do you do all the stretches they advise?

Obviously it was meant to be :) that sounds like a lovely wedding :)

Hope you start to feel better soon x if it gets really bad might be worth doing a refeed so you can have some proper medication just keep sleeping and drinking water it should go better soon xx

Becka makes a very good point - you need to get some good stuff into you so maybe have a refeed so you can take some stronger meds. If it's any consolation, any food that you do eat probably won't stay in your system very long, as I found out when I had the chicken last week :d'oh:

I have got some of those arch things, I got them from Shuropedy the other week, along with some exercises. However, I haven't got round to doing the exercises and now I can't find the sheet the woman gave me - oops! I have a bottle of water in the freezer so I am going to roll my foot over it later, as that's the only thing I can remember to do.

Anyone else watching Eurovision?? So much cheese on there, it's making me feel hungry...! lol! xxx

Uh oh. About an hour ago I forced a shake down, for the nutrients. Just thrown up everywhere! My poor dh is on hands and knees muttering about how the diet is making me ill. it's his birthday too. Feel so guilty! Could it be the diet do you think?

I wouldn't have thought so? The shakes have all the right nutrients in so it shouldn't create an upset. Might be worth coming off it for a couple of days, to see how you get on and to get your strength back and then go back on it when you're better. If you fall ill again, then maybe have a second think about what to do next. Poor you :( xx

Just realised that I took cocodamol thru the day and that can cause vomiting so I'm gonna put it down to that. Really reluctant to stop the shakes because of Boston! There's a lot of info on the net about ketosis and sore throats...might be related...historically I have always gotten sore throats when over eating chocolate...maybe a detox symptom I guess. Gosh it hurts tho. I'm such a wimp...lol! Oh and Paula, 13lbs!!! Fantastic! Bet you're well chuffed.

When I went to aerobiking I had really bad legs and took some pain killers... They really turned me funny I think its because we don't have solids to help them I went all dizzy and felt like I wanted to be sick... And with the sore throats I find that the drinks are slightly powdery so they can irritate a bit. Technically if you refeed you haven't come off shakes... And I think your boss would understand if you are ill. You need to think about your health and food might be good.. Xx we don't want you to stop but we don't want you to be ill either. Xx

Morning everyone, hope everyone has a good day, how is everyone feeling today? Tequila are you feeling better? X I've decided I want to loose 1more stone on lipotrim and then I am going to stop and carry on with my loss with healthy eating an exercise.. More to prove to myself that I can do it alone as well :) (this is what I'm saying now so let's see what happens when I get the next stone off) xx

Afternoon!

Hope you're feeling better Tequila? x

I feel like I'm coming down with something now... feel a bit snotty and cottonwool-headed. OH had a cold last week and I fear he's passed it on to me.

Funny what you say about the sore throat - I thought I had one last week but it never amounted to anything. For the last few days though, I've felt like I've got a hair stuck down my throat (nice!) but if it's down to the powdery drinks, then that would explain it.

I had a bit of a wobble last night and made some scrambled eggs (3 eggs, no milk, just some water added with s pinch of salt) and worried that that could affect my ketosis. However, thanks to Minimins and another site, it turns out I'll still be ok. And I just went to visit my dad this afternoon and he'd made me a cuppa before I got there - my first milk in 2 weeks! I was afraid that that would also affect me but thankfully, it won't. I'm still so hungry all the time though!! It's doing my head in. I envy those who don't feel hunger on this plan any more, and wonder if / when I'll feel like that.

xx

Good afternoon all, I am a week and a half in, andnever though that just smelling food would be as satisfying lol, had a moment this morning in church when it came to communion, decided to go for the blessing and skipped the wine and bread, lol hoping for a good loss on wednesday, also I am stuggling to finish my shakes only the last mouthful but just wont go down! Keep up the work peeps all still here so doin well, love this plave for support x x

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello everyone! Thanks for your interest, I do feel slightly better today, got to try something so perhaps some scrambled eggs might be the meal for me! Oh and I had that hair in mouth/throat feeling all last week...weird. Is that the cotton wool feeling people were talking about, I thought that was a woolly feeling...
jester, I also had a mini panic about bread and wine but my feeling was that my saviour is more important than a diet so I took it anyway and it didn't have any repercussions as far as I'm aware.
Becka, I'm gonna stop this after my 4 weeks too but thinking of exante or or slim and save which are much much cheaper. Just can't really justify such an expense if it's only 3-4 lbs a week, I did that on slimming world and at least you get to eat on that plan...
Does anyone else feel a guilty rush after cleaning their teeth. It's such a sugary feeling in my mouth I love it!

Last edited:
Oh I love brushing my teeth lol its so so good but yes a little guilty ha ha x how much have people lost in their second week?

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad you are feeling better Tequila..
How are you feeling Paula? Hope nothing has set in..

I've not heard much about slim and save or exante will have to look them up.

I don't much of a sore throat now but I do get a feeling like there is something on my tongue... Feels really weird!
Don't really get a rush from brushing my teeth though...

Jester I lost 7lb in my second week but I guess its different for everyone. :)

I've been speaking to my mother in law to be a lot and she's giving me lot of advice for what to do after so I'm hoping I can keep loosing weight by changing choices and exercising more :)
X

I picked up my daughters Maltesers last night and said "May I?". She thought I was going to have one but all I did was sniff the bag....ahhhh, what a fab smell!

I'm going to do LT up to the end of May, hopefully, as I am then going away for the weekend with the family and I know I'm not going to be having shakes while every one else is tucking into monster meals in the pub! I think I'll stick to meat and fish with a little salad on the side for the 3 days and hopefully that won't set me off track too much. Once I get weighed in on the Tuesday, then I can decide whether to carry on, I think.

Still feeling a bit tired and snotty, so an early night for me!

Never thought about the taste of brushing my teeth! I just like it because it freshens my mouth and takes that dry-tasting sensation away for a while.

I'm all set for my second weigh-in on Tuesday but for some reason, I don't think it's going to be a big loss. I don't feel different, my clothes are the same and my home scales (yes, I've jumped on a few times, I admit it!) don't seem to have moved. If I haven't lost anything, then I think I'll go back to eating! LOL!

xxx

I agree with the feeling of brushing my teeth its strange how they feel dirtier when we are eating less!

Looks like we are all doing lipotrim for the right reasons as a boost and a start rather than a means to an end :) x

Yeah I think it's the cost more than anything for me. But i am also aware that eating anything at all might just make me jack it all in. I've been such a slave to food. It's my birthday at the end of June and dh is throwing me a party (it's the big 4-0), it would be good to be a lot lighter by then. I guess that's my next motivator after I've done the 4 weeks to get to Boston...my BFF/boss really is lovely, eh?

It is expensive. How long have you got left tequila? AHH it will be nice to have a good party it can be double celebrations of you managing to loose weight as well :) xx when will you be going to Boston?? X

Well I've suggested autumn as I think we could combine the trip with New England and I've heard the fall is the right time to go. But we've a more pressing need to go to London really, she has clients down there who have no idea that she only runs a small business (she's convinced everyone that she is the boss of an empire!) and she needs to take someone with her for meetings and it would 'prove' that she does have staff, whereas really she's my best mate so I would just treat it as a jolly! But she says we can't go to America fat...we need to look our best...she's the only one who has said "you're getting too fat, you need to do something about it" and she's right! We all need someone who is brutally honest without being spiteful I think don't we?
Well I just weighed myself and it looks like I've lost about 5lb but it's not weigh in till Thursday so I'll just have to wait and see. After this Thursday I've only got to stick to it for one more week, then I'm free to follow whatever plan I want. I would still like to lose a further stone and a half tho so will definitely use this month as a boost towards some other cheaper diet.
is everyone finding it easy? I mean, what temptations have you resisted so far? Has anyone got any functions to attend which will be a challenge?

My brutally honest person is my dad. 'You're getting fat' 'you never used to be this fat' thanks dad... I'm not a tough love person though lol I need gentle coaching! I was finding it okay but a bit harder today... I didn't have a break from my pill last time because I was starting this so didn't want to be starting a diet.. Having lady times and having a long week at work... My mood has gone through the floor this evening lol... Strop on and I have no idea why! Oh well just keep my head down and get on with it!

I've got my in laws here for a week at the end of may so will be hard having them here and not being able to have a glass of wine or having anything to eat with them :(

Back