Day 3

lisaloooo

Well I am now on day 3 of the CD and I am sooooooooo tired. Is this normal??

I went to bed early last night and have got up this morning and feel like I haven't slept a wink.

Is there anyway of knowing when your body goes into ketosis apart from testing on a stick?

yeh well its day 2 for me and i have a really really dry mouth aswell! i dont feel that tired yet just going to see how it goes. i dont feel hungry, but i just feel like putting some food in my mouth if u no wot i mean!!

x

i could eat anything good job my fridge is empty lol

Well definitely have the dry mouth and bad breath today have brushed my teeth three times already :(

yeh well its day 2 for me and i have a really really dry mouth aswell! i dont feel that tired yet just going to see how it goes. i dont feel hungry, but i just feel like putting some food in my mouth if u no wot i mean!!

x

You are both by the sound of it in ketosis.

Ketones can be detected on the breath and this is only temporary and can be reduced by adequate water intake and mouth rinsing with a mouthwash like Oraldene or Listerine.

The first week or more can be tough enough on the body as you adjust to the diet and for some it can be draining and you feel very tired, but it will pass.

When in ketosis you will find hunger is reduced and you do eventually experience a feeling of well-being...I call it being in the zone as the diet does become so much easier.

It is best to take it easy until you get into the swing of your new regime.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for that I am really hoping I have hit ketosis.

I feel much perkier this afternoon and still no hunger at all.

Still very dry mouth though so trying to drink my own weight in water.

All sounds good Lisa!!

Can't you get yourself some ketostix so you can test? One pack lasts AGES (as once you're in - you don't keep having to test but they're handy for things like AAM week)

Hi Lisaloo,

sure sounds like you've made it over the hump and into ketosis if your symptoms are anything to go by...

you can buy a pack of ketosixs in any chemist, not sure of exchange rate (as i'm in ireland) but I figure they shouldn't cost you anymore than about 5ish quid, they cost me €8 euro but I bought a pack on 1st december and still have loads left, tended to test every bathroom visit for the first few weeks, but then I eased off once I saw I was defo in ketosis all the time.

knocked myself out a few times over the xmas week, defo not in this morning, don't know if i am yet. I usually pop straight back in (one of the lucky ones) speaking of which I think i'll go do a test now LOL...doubt i'm in, but sure gotta go pee before I sit down to watch my DVD.

stick with it, your through the worst if your in ketosis, no looking back now.

caz

Cheers everybody I am pretty sure I have made it as I feel like a different person now.

Was so tired and grumpy this morning but this afternoon I am like a different person.

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back