Day 3!

Discussion in 'The Century Club' started by lady_fluffstar, 8 January 2007 Social URL.

1. lady_fluffstar

lady_fluffstar Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi everyone, sorry I wasn't about yesterday, my nan is really ill in hospital. On a more positive note i'm on day three and the hunger pangs seemed to have stopped. I keep getting headaches like my brain is shrinking in my head though!
    I was back at work tonight as well, which I thought was a challenge but it went alright. I only work with one collegue who is a 40 year old man set in his ways and very 'blokey' (but lush, I love him to bits) and he keeps offering me cups of tea, and bits of food! I don't really want to have to explain i'm on the cambridge diet, as he wouldn't really understand bless him. Any ideas for excuses?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hiya

Tell him you are having tests for food allergies so have to drink masses of water and not snack!!:p

4. lady_fluffstar

lady_fluffstar Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Would you believe that inbetween posting the last message and this one i've had a phonecall telling me my nan has died. It's really bizarre, it's only three weeks since she was here visiting for xmas and was pretty much fine, she's only been in hospital since sturday, it's very sudden and I think i'm still in shock!
    Am going to keep up the sole source though, no matter how much I feel like turning to chocolate and bread to cheer me up a bit, she was so chuffed when I finally decided to join my mum on it.
    Weirdly twenty minutes ago I got a phonecall from the tutor of the pgce course i've been trying to get on for four years, telling me she couldn't tell me the result of my interview this year yet as it would breach the applicant equality rules but she could confirm I hadn't been rejected...
    I was so excited but then couldn't tell anyone as the next time I spoke to my mum and my aunt they were ringing me to tell me about my nan and it didn't seem appropriate...
    wow. bizarre.
    Also, DQ thanks for the tip, it's excellent and will bear it in mind, Arthur is ace but would just laugh at the idea of my trying to exist of water and shakes!!!

5. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    I am so sorry to read about your Nan - it must be a shock for you
    Take care

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sorry to hear about your nan mate (((HUGS))))

But amazing news on the PGCE - how cool is that?! :cool:

7. lady_fluffstar

lady_fluffstar Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks, i'm a bit everywhere, so i'm gonna stay on here for a bit so i don't think about it too much, it was very sudden, and nobody seems to know what happened yet still, I mean she was quite old, and not particularly healthy, but three weeks ago she certainly didn't seem that ill, no worse than she has been for 18 months or so. I'm sure it will sink in in a bit, but it hasn't yet I don't think.

8. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

It's not surprising honey - talk about shock.xx

9. lady_fluffstar

lady_fluffstar Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    In an obtuse way i've been quite lucky, only two relatives of mine have passed away, and they were both very ill for a very long time, I don't really know how to handle this to be honest.

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I've lost both my grandmothers but they both lived abroad so didn't see them. Must be so hard for you, but at least you spent some time with her at Christmas.

11. Happe

Happe escaping the fat

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So very sorry about your nan.

12. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hey honey, how are you doing today? Hope you're ok and can check in soon :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.