Day 4 and have the flu

Bloss

Hi Everyone,

Well it's day 4 and I suppose I'd normally be feeling good at this point, but i have the flu :( Have a sore throat and all bunged up. Finding it hard to drink my water but I'm forcing it down!

I'm not hungry so foods not the issue at the moment, it's not even bothering me (altho it does sometimes - just not at the moment) I just wish this lurgy would go away :(

Hi Bloss

Sorry youve got the dreaded lurgy at the moment. I know how it feels, I think this is the first Christmas/New Year period for the past 4 years that I haven't had the flu or a cold.

Keep glugging the water to stop yourself becoming dehydrated and if you feel bad, take yourself off to bed with a good book or mag.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi,

Take paracetamol and keep warm. Keep up the fluids and ensure you take all your packs even if you do not feel like them as they contain all the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients.

Linda

I got a very bad cold in the first few weeks on VLCDin and felt rotten. Stick with it. Keep warm with blankets. I found peppermint tea and parcetemol helped me.

Drink lots of water - it will make a big difference

x

bettyboo

Sorry you feel bad, I too have the flu at the moment and I am restarting CD on Monday. Didn't even think of it til I read your thread, but would it be alright to take Beechams Cold Care Hot Blackcurrant while SSing? I find it great when I have flu.

Thanks.

Sorry for asking a question for myself on your thread.

Hey Bloss, hope you feel better soon - I am finally at the tail end of a cold I've had throughout the festive season!

I would recommend the water flavourings hot rather than beechams anything to be honest ;)

Hi Bloss, and beentheredonethat....

sorry your not feeling well,,, can't give advice but i'd listen to DQ, she knows her stuff.

Bloss, your killing me the way you start a new thread everyday, I can't keep up with the subscriptions, keep losing ya LOL...

no worries, i'll find ya...

cheers Caz

Sorry lol

I just used to posting like this on other forums :D

Should I just do the one post and post regularly on that about my days then?? I'm confused :eek: :)

Sorry lol

I just used to posting like this on other forums :D

Should I just do the one post and post regularly on that about my days then?? I'm confused :eek: :)

Hi Bloss, and lisaloo,

:eek: sorry I didn't mean for you to take it that you were doing something wrong, as D_Q says post whichever way you like best.

cheers Caz

Hi Bloss. Sorry to hear you're feeling bad. I find the water flavourings in hot water with a soluble aspirin or paracetamol help - you can convince yourself it's Lemsip or Beechams. Hang on in there - you're probably past the worst now.
x

Day 5 and I was feeling great! I tidied my house from top to bottom and didn't stop until it was finished. I read so many posts on here about people doing that when they reach ketosis but didn't really think it would actually happen to me! lol

I'm still feeling hungry though, will that ever stop? lol

D_Q ~ errmm ummmm my vacuums broken?? :eek: :D I couldn't possibly do your house now, otherwise I would :rolleyes:

Well it's Day 6 for me! Feeling great! Still get hungry every now and then but nothing like before! Last night I was a sniffer :D My husband cooked roast lamb and I sniffed it all up - it was so delish lol. Best of all I didn't even want any and it was better for me to look at it then him to try and eat it in the kitchen - which is what he tries to do to not make me feel bad - aww bless lol

Ahhh I can't wait til Wed WI. I have been weighing (naughty I know) but I won't reveal my loss until my WI day :)

Great job! Well done and keep it up:)

Back