Day 4 and I ate a few crisps!!

I am seriously thinking about not doing LL anymore, I am finding the no food thing really hard. I haven't been able to concentrate at work and feel so unhappy. Some totm issues here though. I;ve sticked to the diet 100% but the scales don't seem to have shifted.

I went to the pub after work and although I didn't drink I ate half a pack of sensations Thai chilli crisps. I then went to Sainsburys in the station and bought prawns, salad, fruit a bagel and some chocolate - which are in the fridge uneaten. But now that I'm at home I feel a bit scared to eat and I'm not hungry so I'm sitting here having had 6 litres of water today and I don't know what to do.

I feel bad about every crap thing I have ever eaten, what is so difficult about eating healthy food and not the crap that makes me fat.

End of whinge.

Dont give up!!!
I felt like this although i didnt falter. Why are you weighing yourself when your not at your meetings?
Pick yourself up and carry on! Dont give in i lost 5.9lbs in 4 days!
You can do it.
Do it for you! you deserve to feel good about yourself.

Hi PaddingtonBear

I could easily go on about how difficult the first week is for some people but I would guess you knew it would be before you started. If you weren't pre-warned - the first week is bloody difficult for some people! You just have to keep in your mind your reasons for doing LL in the first place. Starting LL for most people is not a decision made lightly - its not only a financial commitment but an emotional commitment as well and you really have to be in the right frame of mind to do it.
It does get better after the first week - don't get me wrong, its probably never going to be easy but if you really want this its more than possible. Try reading some of the success stories on Minimins - Cerulean and Mrs Lards' come to mind but there are loads of them out there. I'd love to tell you I thought I'd never get to this point (day 39 and I've already lost nearly 2 stone!) but I knew I would because of the sheer determination I have to see this through - and writing down my reasons for doing LL has helped - maybe you should do the same?
You're only going to feel bad after eating all that food you've just bought and think of the £66 you've already wasted if you give in now.
The first week is a time for lots of early nights and distracting activities (to take your mind off food!) and come week 2 it will all seem a lot better.
I personally don't weigh myself between official weigh-ins (home scales are usually rubbish anyway) - maybe you should try the same?

Coming on Minimins is always a good distraction as well so make sure you post lots

MM x

You will be fine - this is the most physically difficult bit - if you can get past this you will have turned the corner and you can look forward to three stones of weight loss in the next 12 weeks! Think about it! You'll get there if you just keep thinking of it a step at a time.

Hiya PB :D

Some great advice there - don't eat the stuff you've put in the fridge...
Keep glugging you're nearly over the worst now, if you can just hang on a little bit longer you'll be sailing along...

Hopefuly your off work for the weekend and can relax a bit.

Remember the dvd when they talk about the first week like climbing a wall - you're almost at the top now.. persevere - get to the top of the wall and hang on for dear life :)

Come back and let us know how you're getting on

the first week is the hardest! next week will be so much easier, when you will not feel hungry, keep perservering, the only thing you have got to lose is your weight!.

Hang on in there
xxxx

Hey Paddington Bear
How are things?
The first week can be filled with deprivation thoughts an therefore stock piling the fridge 'just in case' is perfectly understandable, but in the LL scheme of things, probably the most dangerous thing you can do.

Echo all of the great advice on the thread, and would add go immediately to the fridge, empty it into a big bag, throw it all in the bin. Done!

Getting through the first week is a huge psychological win, and once it's under your belt it will give you such a boost.

Please let us know how you're getting on :D

Hi Paddington Bear

How are you today? Sorry I missed this thread earlier - had a mini-break from Minis and now I am back, catching up.

Crisps are my utter and complete downfall; one is too many and one is also never enough so I totally empathise. But crisps are NO FRIEND to the LighterLifer! Totally agree with everyone else; hope you did bin the food and walk away. Week 1 is tough but you will be so immensely proud of yourself for staying the course.

I am almost 5 stone down since February and however hard it has been (and it has been) I am so glad I am still here, doing it, in the best way that I can.

Hope you have come out the other side now.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxxx

Hi Paddington

how are things? By my sums you will have had your first weigh in tonight - hope it went well.

As for the crisps n things I totally echo what everyone has said. The first week can be very tough but you have made a huge comittment to do this. Just remind yourself of all the reasons behind your decision and think how much less of you there'll be come christmas.

All the best

Vx

weight.png

Back