day 4 and in ketosis

So starting day 4 and although still feeling a little intolerant of people, I personally am feeling good. No cravings no wishes to have food and am definitely in ketosis - as my OH kindly pointed it out this morning he could smell it on my breath (lol thanks love!).

Just tucking into my porridge have a good day all :) x

Well done on getting through the first few days....and the weight loss is worth the smelly breath lol

Good work.

Hi

I'm on Day 3 of SS+ and am generally ok but had a couple slip ups and am feeling really crap about it :(

Yesterday I had a few spoons of rice and today I had some microwave popcorn :( I have a 5 year old daughter and she begged me for popcorn after her dinner as a treat. I gave it to her but couldn't resist temptation.

I'm really worried that at my WI on Friday I'll have lost no weight or like 2lbs. That'll break my heart :(

Finding it really hard to stay on track, not hungry though, just slipping up for no good reason.

This feeling sucks...

good for you! do what i did buy teeth whitening tooth paste and when your hungry take glass of water and brush teeth or if breath is stinky have a good ole brush.not only Will you be lovely and slim you'll have amazing white gnashers too! its a win win ! lol x

I'm on day 4 too....not sure if I'm in ketosis...I suppose I'm too scared to check....weigh in tomorrow...watch this space...and Feelgreat...don't beat yourself up..today is a new day

Hi

I'm on Day 3 of SS+ and am generally ok but had a couple slip ups and am feeling really crap about it :(

Yesterday I had a few spoons of rice and today I had some microwave popcorn :( I have a 5 year old daughter and she begged me for popcorn after her dinner as a treat. I gave it to her but couldn't resist temptation.

I'm really worried that at my WI on Friday I'll have lost no weight or like 2lbs. That'll break my heart :(

Finding it really hard to stay on track, not hungry though, just slipping up for no good reason.

This feeling sucks...

I think sometimes the eating part of our lives is merely an habitual action where we have no reason to eat but we do it like a smoker reaches out for a cigarette.

Here is what ive done I spoke to my OH when I started and I spoke to my older kids and explained what I was doing so it means they are all trying really hard to sort their own meals out until I really am certain that im in the flow of this diet. When its unavoidable then when your cooking or making food think of other things conciously try not to smell and certainly (well it helps me) dont lick your fingers etc..

Dont worry about what is past or you will find a reason not to carry on - just see it for what it is and continue :) xx

Hope it all goes ok for you x:D

successismyonlyoption said:
I think sometimes the eating part of our lives is merely an habitual action where we have no reason to eat but we do it like a smoker reaches out for a cigarette.

Here is what ive done I spoke to my OH when I started and I spoke to my older kids and explained what I was doing so it means they are all trying really hard to sort their own meals out until I really am certain that im in the flow of this diet. When its unavoidable then when your cooking or making food think of other things conciously try not to smell and certainly (well it helps me) dont lick your fingers etc..

Dont worry about what is past or you will find a reason not to carry on - just see it for what it is and continue :) xx

Hope it all goes ok for you x:D

Thank u :) I feel better today and trying to be more focused and positive. It just amazes me that even though I am desperately unhappy with my weight I am still messing up my progress?! Soooo frustrating!

This forum is a good tool to use though as its nice to speak to other people who are going through the same things :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dementia said:
I'm on day 4 too....not sure if I'm in ketosis...I suppose I'm too scared to check....weigh in tomorrow...watch this space...and Feelgreat...don't beat yourself up..today is a new day

Hiya :) Is your weigh in tomorrow? Let us know how you do :) thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes my weigh in is tomorrow at 2pm...will post the results on this thread if I manage to find it again.
Fingers crossed everybody..!

oh how exciting dementia :) Cant wait to see your results! My first official weigh in is monday but I have been ss since sunday so a day extra - hope that will make a difference on the scales xx

successismyonlyoption said:

You are absolutely right. People keep asking me "aren't you hungry? " My answer is that no, I'm really not, but that wasn't the point anyway because I never ate b,ecause I was hungry. I ate because it was lunch time. Dinner time, snack time, because I was bored, because I felt a little Low, all kinds of reasons that were nothing to do with hunger. The biggest change isn't fighting hunger, it's breaking old bad habits like munching away as u sit watching tv. Breaking bad habits is the key, and in that way it's very much like how to successfully give up smoking

Morning All!
Big day today...first weigh in after only 5 days....I feel really skinny...it's amazing what tricks the mind can play on you....!
Catch you all later!

Totally agree mike thats why I think this diet is best for me - its the only way I can buy enough time to break the habits by removing conventional food from my diet completely :)

I'm day 4 to and loving it, feel more energised and not so tired, well done. I'm just wondering is 3 cups of tea a day is too much and what is expected weight loss in wk one x:p

Back