Day 4: my biggest demons will be in my face in 2 hrs

dubcat

Going to my nephews 4th bday party. Went to mums and she has made 3 gorgeous quiches to take with lovely pastry - one of my favourite things to eat. My friend and my cousin will be there and the are going to clock on to the fact that im not eating. They are two of the most sarcastic piss taking people i know and will make this hell. I plan to have a shake in my car secretly but am dreading this :( cookeh we both started on the same day. Send me some will power...

I am sure you will be absolutely fine. You have probably got through the worst of it now anyway. Just keep thinking about your first WI and how thrilled you be be getting closer to your goal!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Clair x

You will be grand just ignore their comments and focus on your weigh in and all the weight you will be losing! And trust me wen you get home you will be so proud of not eating that you will be glad you went and proved to yourself and everyone else you have brilliant self control!

good Luck and remember, this is about making yourself feel better food wont do dat!

You've got to wonder why they are so sarcastic lovey! I've a few of them in my family....people who like to put others down usually do so because they don't feel good enough themselves...so keep that in mind if they start!

I had to tell my Dad I was on this diet as he offered to come around with a bowl of coddle an hour ago...once he heard he said "Oh no, thats not good, I'm asking my doctor about that" then he comes around with a CREAM CAKE!!!! My god! I just changed the subject and shooed him away...I know he's just worried about me, he already dissaproves of me being a vegetarian :rolleyes:

I keep visualising myself dancing in a club in a slinky dress feeling great (I used to love dancing)...thats keeping me going! You just picture yourself walking into the next family do looking slim and sleek and those people standing there speechless with envy :p:D

people are so horrible sometimes. hurts the most when its people close to you. remember last year at my neices party. i went to get some cake and my sister said dont u think uve put enough weight on lately. it really hurt.
now im in the 11s and shes put on almost 3 stone since so maybe next party i'll say the same to her. lol
x x

My friend and my cousin will be there and the are going to clock on to the fact that im not eating. They are two of the most sarcastic piss taking people i know and will make this hell. I plan to have a shake in my car secretly but am dreading this :( cookeh we both started on the same day. Send me some will power...

Be strong Dubcat, you can do this!! It's rough on you that you have to deal with this so early on in the plan and I'm not surprised you're feeling anxious about it, I know I would be too. Step away from the quiche =p it's just not worth it hon, seriously. Think of all the hard work you've put in these past few days. Your nephew will have plenty more birthdays where you can enjoy a healthy portion of tasty quiche at your leisure :)

It seems you have two things going on here, one is you are worried you'll cheat, and the second being the sarky comments you're expecting. Well, I'm pretty sure that sheer determination will get you through the temptation if nothing else, and good plan to have a shake right before you go in, you'll be less tempted that way. As for the comments, you're already expecting them so you know it's only because they are being mean, and jealous. Just shrug it off cooly, they'll be wanting a reaction out of you and if you don't give them one they won't really know what to do with themselves and will end up looking foolish and you'll come off looking classy :)

Hope you manage to enjoy the party and be strong, good luck and sending you lots of positive thoughts and an extra sprinkling of willpower just in case ~.^

I survived it. Was so hard. The food looked amazing and ill dream of the quiche tonight im sure. The worst thing was that i didnt get to have my shake until 10.30pm! Hiding my diet would have been impossible. So, instead i decided to bring it up myself so i would be more in control. This meant i lead them in their questioning rather than being a victim of it. Not ideal but better than the alternatives. i made it through tonight and now i feel like i can make it through anything. Day 4 done, over and out.
Dub

well done you xxxx you must feel great for sticking with it and being so strong, now you know you can do it in any situation!!! xxx

\o/\o/\o/

Congrats on surviving both the party and Day 4, thats fab!! I bet you feel really proud of yourself.

Glad you felt comfortable talking about the diet plan, sounds like you remained in control and I bet that gave you a nice boost to stick to it also.

All in all, a great day and what an achievement, keep up the good work! ^.^

Well done you - doesnt that inspire you to carry on and succeed. You can get through something like that you can get through anything :D :D :D

Back