Day 4 of CD and struggling!

fatboynotyetslim

I am nearing the end of day 4 on CD and am struggling. I feel quite poorly at the mo experiencing a constant headache and general aches and pains and feeling unwell.
I have drunk 4.5 litres of water so far today and each time I drink some it just takes the edge of the headache making it tolerable.
I've been getting a pain in the right side of my back about half way up like a spasm which comes and goes and my arms and shoulders are weak.

I guess I'm struggling a bit and to make matters worse I came across this article on a fellow dieters blog:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=dead--33st-matilda-who-lost-10st-in-6-months-on-crash-diet-of-500-calories-a-day&method=full&objectid=18046775&siteid=62484-name_page.html

This obviously has scared me a bit since I too am a large person (29stone).
Is the CD associated with large muscle/tissue loss?

When I initially went to see my G.P to have my medical form signed, he said he had no experience or no opinion on the diet and simply signed the form and sent me on my way. The more I have thought about this, the more concerned I have become. I will make an appoitment to see our surgerys other G.P. What help have people had from their G.P and what should a checkup whilst on this diet include?

I also followed several links and stumbled upon an article which says Gallstones are a common side effect of a vcld.

Can pysslium husks be used to aid digestion and help prevent gallstones and taken daily even if at present I am still going to the toilet daily?

ANy advice is much appreciated.

Hi there
Couldn't let your post pass by, and I am sure someone with more experience than me will be along.
Have you taken painkillers for your headaches and the pain in your side? Sounds like you are going into ketosis by the way you are feeling.
Also chat to your CDC about physsilum husks and your other concerns about the diet. The article DOES say that this lady was under medical supervision as well as her diet counsellor.
Hope this helps, stick with it!

I'm with Spooky

All the best dude :) x

Hi John
I was almost 31 st and Ihave lost 12 st to date I haven;t experienced any large muscle/tissue loss just flab. Psyllium husks are reported to be effective in reducing cholesterol so therefore reducing the risk of gallstones. I seriously doubt that the diet will cause gallstones and as it is very low fat it should not aggravate any existing gallstone problems.In fact my cholesterol level went from 6.4 to 3.8.Most GP's are fairly clueless about the diet so you would be better off talking to your counsellor.

Alex

Hi John
I was almost 31 st and Ihave lost 12 st to date I haven;t experienced any large muscle/tissue loss just flab. Psyllium husks are reported to be effective in reducing cholesterol so therefore reducing the risk of gallstones. I seriously doubt that the diet will cause gallstones and as it is very low fat it should not aggravate any existing gallstone problems.In fact my cholesterol level went from 6.4 to 3.8.Most GP's are fairly clueless about the diet so you would be better off talking to your counsellor.

Alex
Thanks Alex, I guess at times I feel with such a huge amount of weight to lose I'm on my own and have the weight of the world on the shoulders. Is nice to know you were larger than me and have lost so much!
There's hope for me yet.:)

Thanks Alex, I guess at times I feel with such a huge amount of weight to lose I'm on my own and have the weight of the world on the shoulders. Is nice to know you were larger than me and have lost so much!
There's hope for me yet.:)

Hey !! you are SOOO NOT on your own !

We're all here to support you...respect for having embarked on your journey - that had to take a lot of courage :)

There is so much hope for you...you are doing really well... and you CAN DO THIS !!!

looking forward to hearing bout your WI - think how better you're gonna feel :)

My OH has lost TWO STONE in just 5 weeks.....and just look at IceMoose - how much he lost - no reason why you can't be another success story......:D

keep going....we're all behind ya !

love

Debz
xx

Hi John - how is day 5 going for you? Any better than yesterday?

I had a look at the article you included in your original post and it is enough to make you apprehensive about VLCD's - I know I really worried about the "bad" things I've heard and read about VLCD's, however, over the years I have tried most diets and you will always find someone who has had a bad experience with each and every diet going.

Its really down to personal opinion whether you feel that the bad press for VLCD's outweighs its good press - I have spoken to my doctor and several other health professionals at length about CD and they have all been positive and supportive - I really do feel that starting CD is one of the best choices I have made in my life.

I hope today has been better for you and good luck with the rest of the week.

Hiya!
I hope your days have been better since you posted? All of us CDC's have heard stories such as Matilda's, usually from sceptical, concerned friends/family. Although her story is true, and incredibly tragic, what you must remember, is that there is always a chance of underlying medical conditions (not yet known to the individual) at any weight stage, although risks being higher if overweight or obese. What the doc was saying would be considered true if a person tried to diet on 500kcals per day of conventional foods, but CD has been scientifically formulated to provide all the nutrients (plus some!) for the body to function fully, with enough carbs/protein to protect lean muscle/organ tissue. It has been clinically proven NOT to reduce lean muscle/organ tissue, otherwise would not meet EU regulations etc! You are having a completely safe product, which has been developed by rather clever bods in white coats over many, many years! Any unfortunate issues that happen may arise from not following the CD programmes properly (eg:skipping packs, not drinking enough water etc), over exerting with too much exercise, not disclosing medications to the CDC, or an unknown med condition that would rear its ugly head whether on CD or KFC! Mama Fate isn't choosy with her timings!
Just remember all the tons of hugely successful stories you read (most on here!) and the zero problems they didn't encounter! You'll be just fine! Keep going and believe in yourself!

Just wanted to pop in to wish you good luck with your CD journey. Hope you are having a better day today?

xxx

Hi John,

I have just been reading your blog and see that your feeling a lot better today.

Water is key to the diet so try and remember to drink it through out the day:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and be sure to let us know how you have done for your first week on CD.

Love Mini xxx

Good luck for your weigh in, it will make the headaches all worthwhile!!! Sarahxx.

Back