Day 5 and never felt as miserable...EVER!

tricia5

Hello everybody. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys, what's going wrong?
I woke up at 6am this morning absolutley breaking my heart, my kids & hubby couldn't console me. I'm 42, and have had many ups and downs in my life ( no more than anybody else! ), but this CD is the pits, and I cannot rememebr ever feeling this low in my life for a consecutive number of days. I can honestly say that since I started on Monday I have only felt 'good' once, that was Wednesday morning. the rest of the time I'm fed up, headachy ( like a hangover ), lethargic, crying, thinking about food even more than I did when I was overeating!, and just dreading the next disgusting, cardboard tasting, slop I've ever had the misfortune to taste.

I have stuck rigidly to the rules, and am waiting patiently for the buzz, feeling of well-being and satisfaction etc that the sales blurb promises - nothing.

Yes I may be losing weight, but to be honest, right now I prefer the happier heavier person I was last week, and I'm sure my family do too.

My OH is doing CD at the same time, and has been briilliant. He has none of the feelings I describe and I'm so proud of him. He intends to continue, and admitted this morning that he only thinks about what he's missing when he sees me so miserable!

I'm thinking about calling it a day, right now salad would be a dream, and skimmed milk....mmmmm,. So CD has done me some good after all? Maybe after this shcok of no food at all, the bad habits of shovelling it in have been broken and I would be better off with weight watchers etc where eating an apple is not off limits.

Does this ring a bell with any of you?? Is CD just not for everybody??

((hugs))
It sounds like you're still going into ketosis - if you can stick with it. Keep posting as there are so many others doing this diet you'll get lots of support here.

Do you have the bars yet? as they might help having something solid to eat.

If you are in danger of stopping the diet completely why not try the 810 plan so you can have small protein based meal eash day to look forward to? It might help keep you on track?

Take it easy xx

Oh hun, i was right where you are now last week... i really wondered why i was putting myself through the missery, the headachs, the mood swings, stomach cramps, constant tiredness ........
I'm now on day 9 ss and feel so much better, it does get better ( i might not have belived anyone if they had told me that).
I just tried hot baths and early nights to try get through it, my OH has no idea what i'm going through and has told me a was a cow to live with in the first week and he dare not talk to me as he could't be sure of my reaction. i still suffer from some tiredness and hunger at times but the mood is so much better. Have youtried talking to your CDC to help you manage this first week.
keep strong hun and try to battle through it x

Hey Tricia,

Sorry to hear you're suffering so much, that's not nice.

First time I did CD I had agonising stomach cramps the first few days and felt hungry and fairly hard done to. I suffer a lot with light headedness when I first start to lose a dramatic amount of weight and sometimes it feels like a nightmare. But if you can stick with it, It does get better. As soon as you emerge from it you will feel on top of the world, full of energy and after your first weigh in will be spurred by the weight loss.

I hope you feel better soon, keep your chin up hun!
XX

Maybe it's the diet that you're on? Sorry which one are you doing?

It sounds really bad for you - my future father in law has exactly the same trouble!

There are other options with CD, rather than sticking with SS what about SS+ or 810. Please don't give up, give it a few more days, have your first weigh in and then reassess. The horrible yukky feelings will go, just stick with it.

i just wanted to post and offer my condolences, it must be really hard and i put my hands up to anyone who can do it you have my admiration but i think if you can just stick with it and get through your first week you might feel beter. i hope you do!! i dont know too muc about CD so cant offer much more advice but good luck and keep going - you can do it!! xxx

Please don't give up just yet. The first week is awful, but it will get better, promised. The cravings for real food won't go away, at least, mine don't, but there will be less of those moments. And the hunger and the tiredness and the letargy will go away.

The first time I did CD I wanted to quit, I felt simply horrible and felt this diet was not for me. But my OH convinced me to persevere just one week. You can only do this diet for the first time once, so you better make the best of it. And he was right, because after a week I felt so much better.

Thank you everybody....such nice words. My weigh in is monday morning, and I've come this far I'll keep going til then. But honestly, I find it so hard to believe that this is good for me......I can now add nausea to my earlier list!!:sick:

Thank you everybody....such nice words. My weigh in is monday morning, and I've come this far I'll keep going til then. But honestly, I find it so hard to believe that this is good for me......I can now add nausea to my earlier list!!:sick:

We're all rooting for you and will be waiting to hear how Monday's WI goes :)
xx

Tricia said:
My weigh in is monday morning, and I've come this far I'll keep going til then

Good luck for your WI on Monday Tricia.
No-one says this type of diet is easy, but from what you've posted it does sound very much like you are still making your way into Ketosis. Once you get there (and it really won't be much longer now, it can't be) you will feel the complete opposite to what you do now.

right now I prefer the happier heavier person I was last week

That's just that nasty little voice in the back of your mind telling you to think that. If you quit now, you will regret it eventually. How can you discount the thoughts that would occur? such as next christmas, getting there and realising that actually, had you stuck to the program, you could have reached your goal already and be slim and healthy? I know those kind of thoughts would plauge me if I gave up!

But honestly, I find it so hard to believe that this is good for me......

I doubt that a crack addict going through cold-turkey detox would feel it was good for them, but we know it is.

And what we are doing with the absinance is essentially the same. We are all sugar junkies/food addicts, it's the reason we are overweight, and going "cold turkey" from all food is a real shock for the body. But as hard as it might feel, it'll be the healthiest thing you have done for a long time (for me, the healthiest thing I've done in my life so far!)

Hope you find the strength to continue, and when it comes to your OH remember, that men and women have a very different time on the program despite doing the same thing, and I guess we could been percieved as having an easier time with it a we generally don't get the mood swings, TOTM and everything you ladies have to deal with as well as the diet :eek:

Maybe you're going cold turkey from the carbohydrates? I don't know how much sugary foods you used to eat, but a lot of people are addicted to sugar (not only sugar sugar, but fast carbohydrates as well) and this can explain why you're feeling so lousy.

Lots of great advice here honey... please hang on in there. Give it another week and if you don't see any improvement, think about SS+ or 810 or even a different approach to losing the weight. But please... just give it a fair trial. I think we all feel so strongly about that because we KNOW this works and all of us have reached the point where we're not just losing weight but feeling focused & energetic too. We want you to get to that place too!!!
Your OH may be having an easier time of it right now, but the fact he's doing this alongside you is another great plus point to give it a bit longer... together you can motivate each other and stay switched on! Everyone has a different time on their first week & yours has been especially awful, but it will fade. Promise!
xxx

Stick with it Tricia, at least for a little longer. CD is not for everyone but you will probably end up well and truly kicking yourself if you pack it in too early.

Presumably you've tried other diets like Weight Watchers before (most people who resort to a vlcd have tried conventional methods first) but for whatever reason your dreamy salad and skimmed milk have not got you to your goal despite the initial "this is it" determination we nearly all feel when starting out on any diet plan.

If CD is still a nightmare after a week or two you can look at it again then but just imagine how down you'll feel about your weight in a couple of months when you see your hubby's rapid progress.

Sending you big hugs xx

hi i started cd in october and i felt the same as u to the point i had 2 lie down all the time was in bed by 8 but give it a week had u will feel on top of the world

If CD is still a nightmare after a week or two you can look at it again then but just imagine how down you'll feel about your weight in a couple of months when you see your hubby's rapid progress.

My thoughts exactly.

Make sure you are drinking enough water and if the packs themselves are making you feel sick split them in half.

It could also be that you are coming down with something not related to the diet.

At least give it 100% till your first weigh in.

Jac

Still here....I did have a huge wobble, but after reading your comments I realised my feelings were quite common and to be expected if this is to work. I loved the comment about how many diets ARE you going to start, make this the last....so true. I am still feeling unwell, but the headaches are gone.

1st weigh in tomorrow....watch this space. I am giving the diet a chance, and not quitting.

Thank you everybody:thankyou:

Back