1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DAY 5 AND NO KETOSIS???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by blush, 5 December 2009 Social URL.

1. blush

blush Well-Known Member

hi all im coming to the end of day 5 of ss and still not in ketosis, feel hungry diff times of the day and at times today wanted to give in, the ketone stick is not changing colour, im having 4 litres of water a day and one black coffee, porridge in mornings a shake for lunch and soup for eveing,

why have i not changed ,do some people lose weight and not go into ketosis in first week?
    any advice would be appreciated as feeling low now and want to give up, i was hoping the pink colour would give me a mental boost if you know what i mean:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Are your sticks new ones? Are you reading them at the right time (15 seconds)? Also, maybe they are faintl pink because you are well hydrated and that is a good thing. You should really be in ketosis by now.

MM

4. blush

blush Well-Known Member

yes i waited at least 15 sec before reading it but no colour change, maybe if i concentrated REALLY hard i can see a slight tinge of pale pink but not much more than that. i hope it is because of the water i drink, il find out on tuesday my first weight in, then after that il decided to stick to ss or step up 810 plan??

i dont want to get obsesses with the ketone sticks but i tried 3 today!!!

5. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

If you hold off on the water and let your wee get a little more concentrated -- it should up more strongly. I do not recommend this as a regular thing... but just to reassure yourself you might give it a go. Try not to drink anything between wees -- and wait as long as you can before going the second time and the ketones might show up better. MM

6. kellyv81

kellyv81 Well-Known Member

As far as I know you'll still lose weight if you are in or not,
    I think it's more about feeling hungry isn't it?
    I don't check to be honest as I think I'd be the same..checking all the time too.
    Don't give up x x

7. blush

blush Well-Known Member

your right its the hunger thing i wanted to go away more than the stick changing colour, im not gonna bother testing anymore as it messes with your will power ~(i think)
    as long as i lose weight thats the main thing and on only 3 packs a day im sure to get some shifted.....i hope:eek:

8. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Yes, you lose the weight based on consuming fewer calories than you use -- economics. The ketosis is supposed to keep you from feeling hungry. I know that when I did LL and was in ketosis it did seem to work that way, and I had energy galore, etc. but it may have been time of year (summer verses winter) and first go 'round enthusiasm.

MM