DAY 5 AND NO KETOSIS???

blush

hi all im coming to the end of day 5 of ss and still not in ketosis, feel hungry diff times of the day and at times today wanted to give in, the ketone stick is not changing colour, im having 4 litres of water a day and one black coffee, porridge in mornings a shake for lunch and soup for eveing,

why have i not changed ,do some people lose weight and not go into ketosis in first week?
any advice would be appreciated as feeling low now and want to give up, i was hoping the pink colour would give me a mental boost if you know what i mean:cry:

Are your sticks new ones? Are you reading them at the right time (15 seconds)? Also, maybe they are faintl pink because you are well hydrated and that is a good thing. You should really be in ketosis by now.

MM

yes i waited at least 15 sec before reading it but no colour change, maybe if i concentrated REALLY hard i can see a slight tinge of pale pink but not much more than that. i hope it is because of the water i drink, il find out on tuesday my first weight in, then after that il decided to stick to ss or step up 810 plan??

i dont want to get obsesses with the ketone sticks but i tried 3 today!!!

If you hold off on the water and let your wee get a little more concentrated -- it should up more strongly. I do not recommend this as a regular thing... but just to reassure yourself you might give it a go. Try not to drink anything between wees -- and wait as long as you can before going the second time and the ketones might show up better. MM

As far as I know you'll still lose weight if you are in or not,
I think it's more about feeling hungry isn't it?
I don't check to be honest as I think I'd be the same..checking all the time too.
Don't give up x x

your right its the hunger thing i wanted to go away more than the stick changing colour, im not gonna bother testing anymore as it messes with your will power ~(i think)
as long as i lose weight thats the main thing and on only 3 packs a day im sure to get some shifted.....i hope:eek:

Yes, you lose the weight based on consuming fewer calories than you use -- economics. The ketosis is supposed to keep you from feeling hungry. I know that when I did LL and was in ketosis it did seem to work that way, and I had energy galore, etc. but it may have been time of year (summer verses winter) and first go 'round enthusiasm.

MM

Back