Day 5 of my journey :oD

Patricia32

Well everyone, I am on Day 5 of this bumpy journey! I have stuck to TFR for 5 days now and I have to say, it is definitely gettin a bit easier, energy levels are increasing again which is great and I went up to my local chemist today to swap some of my shakes for chocolate ones and OMG they are delish!!! And I got a couple of flapjacks which I am looking forward to trying and a few more soups which I am actually finding ok. Weigh in on Monday and i cant wait, I already feel lighter but dont want to get my hopes up too much! I hope to have at least 2 stone off by December so our doc will put us on the IVF list. Fingers crossed I can get through this and keep the weight off as this is my main concern :sigh: but i'm gonna try my best to suceed :D

Well done hun :) I restarted last Thursday so Im on day 9 now and not been too tempted so far. I'm trying to lose at least two stone more by December too. Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed! Hope you do well too, are you weighing on Monday?

Thanks hun yeah my weigh in is at 1.15 on Monday and it can't come quick enough! Was in M&S after work with my sister and it nearly killed me being surrounded by gorgeous food! Im going away next week and would love to be able to have one meal when i was away :-(

M&S is torture, specially the bakery! I find its really helping me to stick to the diet knowing I have a date to work towards, I can tell myself "It's ONLY x amount of weeks out of my life! Its not that long til I can eat!"

I know that's what im trying to do :) but have a problem next Saturday im going to my sister in laws for the night and she's makin dinner, does anyone think it would be ok for me to have just one meal on Saturday and then straight back onto it?

Patricia- I had a wedding the other weekend- unexpected invite..... I ate the meal- roast beef yorkshire pud then sticky toffee pud and straight back on it- OK was VERY hard for a few days after but Im ok now....

Oh id love roast beef now lol did you still have weight loss? I've been researching it and a lot of people has like an Atkins style meal (Low Carb) im going to ask the Pharmacist on Monday at my weigh in to see what he says.

Hi Patricia

I have been on this diet for almost 8 weeks now and I have a further 9 weeks to go, maybe more if I don't reach my goal which will take me over Christmas. This will be really hard for me because I have all the family round for Christmas dinner and I will be cooking a huge menu but its only food and it is more important for me to finish what I started, get to my goal, refeed properly and then live a life of sensible, portion controlled healthy eating. Christmas happens every year so I will be able to join in with the food bit next year if I don't make it to goal this year. i will still be able to enjoy everything else about Christmas this year, the presents, time off work, seeing family etc.. It's only the food & alcohol I won't be having.

During the time I have been on this diet, I have had my son's 21st birthday for which I hosted a party at home with loads of fabulous chinese food my Mum cooked (including crispy peking duck & the pancakes etc..) ribs, curry etc. etc.. I stayed 100% TFR throughout the whole time. I have also had friends round for dinner for whch I cooked but I sat with my shake at the table.

I'm not saying it has been easy to stay 100% but I'm on this diet for a number of reasons including the obvious, to lose the fat that would have killed me eventually if I hadn't taken control, to get myself back in control of my diet & learn thatfood is not what makes life fun because I still do everything I did before LT, I see friends, go to work, go out to my dancing class, have friends & family round for dinner...nothing in my social or work life has changed apart from I have shakes instead of food. I obviously do all of those things so much better now as I have a wider choice of nice clothes to wear which makes me feel a million times happier, I don't feel uncomfortable because of the bulk I was carrying around, now that I have lost 2st 5.5lb in just 7 weeks, the long standing lower back pain I had has gone. I still have a further 3st 6.5lb to lose so I'm not even half way ere yet!

So I would not recommend eating anything at all because this is supposed to be a total food replacement diet which you shouldn't hop on and off. It's only food at the end of the day and I'm sure that if you explain to your friend what you're trying to achieve and tell her she can buy you some sparkling water to have in a wine glass so it's like you're having a glass of wine, then you're still doing everything you would normally do but just not the food & alcohol part.

At the end of the day, its your choice but I just thought I'd give you my view and experience so you can make an informed decision. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your reply :) reading your post has really made me feel like i can bloody do this! I have to say the cravings got to me so bad last night that i actually cried :-( but i didn't give in. Its my first weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed i do well. Thanks again Miss R xxx

Well done firstly for not taking what I said badly and secondly for having the confidence and conviction to stick to this diet and be successful. Hope its all going well for you but if you're struggling, you know where we are x

Thanks Ms R, had my first weigh in this afternoon and i had 9lbs off so im delighted :) i into to stick to it 100% :)

Hey that's fabulous, very well done. As a suggestion, why don't you update your profile with your statistics, weight, height, goal weight etc... And we can then see what percentage you've lost and what your goal weight is etc.. It's very easy to do.

Ms R I'll do that tomorrow as for some reason i can't do it on my phone xxx

Great stuff x

Back