Day 5 - proud of myself!

slimforlive

Hi all,

Well yesterday I went to my friend's wedding. I've realised that it's only when you can't eat you notice how much food they try and stuff down your throat at these things! The canapes looked amazing, the 3 course meal looked stunning, and the buffet in the evening nearly got me, BUT... I ate NOTHING! Still can't believe it, am in shock!:eek:

I had my shake when everyone else was having dessert, and actually the meal was easier than I thought it would be - just kept drinking water :) The buffet was harder, but seeing as I'd forgone having gorgeous canapes and the stunning meal, I wasn't going to trip up then! AND no alcohol - who knew I could say 'no thank you' so many times!!! The wedding was on a boat on the Thames, so I just kept my mind on looking at the views out the window :) that seemed to keep me sane (ish!!)

I thought it best just to tell everyone what I was doing - jeez I wish I didn't - soooo many people saying 'oh, that's not healthy, and 'surely you can have salad or veg and the Apple Charlotte as that's healthy (!!). Just kept saying that I was fine, wasn't hungry and it was my choice - they shut up in the end! Acutally think it was me repeating 'I'm fine' and 'I'm not hungry' that actually made me fine and not hungry! Power of thought, eh!

Not sure if I managed to drink enough water yesterday, as I couldn't keep count, but I figured better to drink less water than to eat!

Anyway, day 6 is here, and I've been 100% so far. Getting weighed on day 8, as I have another function with sit down meal on day 7 (Mon). must be some kind of masochist or something - used to eat LOADS at these things -no wonder I'm as heavy as I am!

Still in shock that I didn't eat, and managed to have an amazing time!! woohooooo

Have a good day everyone!

Sharon
xx

Well done...you did brilliantly! This diet certainly makes you realise how much other people eat...it's quite scary!

Hi

Well done!! We're proud of you too!!

xx

L
:party0038:

Absolutely brilliant Sharon, well done. Not easy to survive things like that without giving in to temptation and you did amazingly well. Try to remember how good it felt to say no if and when times get tough. As for your function on Monday, you have done it once and you can do it again. BRILLIANT!

Georgie
x

Well done - it's so difficult to resist when all the food is in front of you.
:party0011:

I'm sure you'll have a great week one loss which will make it all worth while :D

That's great Sharon. I think that must have been the ultimate test for me.

Well done, anyone that can stick to SS gets lots of admiration from me.

Well done Sharon... it's not easy to say No!, be proud of urself.

Hi Sharon,

Just wanted to say a big WELL DONE!!!

I did Lighter Life a couple of years ago (my first time on a VLCD) and also had to go to a wedding in my first week, so I know from experience how hard it can be. I also managed to stick to my guns and not eat, and although it was early days and I was struggling a bit, once I'd coped with that I just knew I'd do it! It gave me so much confidence to know I could deal with anything on the diet, and I went on to lose four stone and reach my target.

Obviously, have put a little back hence now doing CD, but that's another story (and a big lesson learned for me!)

You're doing great, keep going!

Best wishes x

A HUGE well done to you! That sounded really hard and you pulled it off!

Back