Day 6 - need advice

timsmom

I'm day 6 of CD 100%. Have been drinking lots of water and bought some ketostix yetserday. This morning I'm still not ketotic.....any ideas.

Am losing anyway but I know the basis of the diet is that you burn fat because you are ketotic. I'm not, so feeling like I should be and I'm still starving!!

hey there!

The most probable reason for not registering ketones in your pee is that you have drank enough to lower the concentration.
Just because the stix don't register, it doesn't mean that it's not happening!

If you have dragon breath and a bad taste in your mouth, then the chances are that you are in ketosis.

You could try using your First morning urine to check again, when you will have had overnight to concentrate your ketones, as you can't drink whilst your asleep!

HTH!

The ketostix never really worked for me , I lost 6 stone on the diet and not once over the months did the ketostix show I was in ketosis but I was 100%

You say you have been drinking lots of water just remember you need to drink lots and lots and lots :)

Thanks AllyPally and Dave, will bear it in mind. There's just so much talk on here about ketosis, I just guess I needed to see that little strip go purple!! First weigh in today so fingers crossed!!

Thanks, am now in ketosis but strip is pale, just because of lots of water I guess.

Am losing anyway but I know the basis of the diet is that you burn fat because you are ketotic. I'm not, so feeling like I should be and I'm still starving!!

Just wanted to add that that isn't actually true. The basis of Cambridge is that it's very low in calories, and that's why you're burning fat. :D Ketosis has the very useful side effect of dumbing down your hunger so it isn't quite so painful to be eating so few calories - Mother Nature's pressie to our ancesters who never quite knew when they were going to get lucky and spear a wild boar...

You don't need to be in ketosis for the diet to work (though you almost certainly are in ketosis if you're doing SS or SS+ 100%, no matter what the stix say).

Back