Day 7 - been thinking of food all day!!

fat&forty

Hello All,,

Officially one week in and have lost 8llbs so I am very pleased with that (it has to be noted that in the 2 wks upto starting I was eating carb's like they were going out of fashion), and am still motivated,,

but today can't stop thinking of food - all food, any food, this is the first time as have not felt hungry since day 1 so up until today have not struggled at all, but today has been hard and I have at least another 3stone to go!!!.... Is this normal (stupid question)?????

Another question, when people come off and go on Atkins - not knowing a lot about Atkins - is that just eating protein??

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You have ups and downs on this diet, it's totally normal you just need to find ways to distract your brain on the bad days.

The initial 'induction' phase to Atkins limits you to 20g of carbs ae day but around 15g should come from salad and green veg.

Well done - fab 1st week

xxx

Yeah, amazing first week!

Well done on your weight loss. I'm totally obsessed with food, too, but the good thing is I'm not bothered about eating it. Weirdly, I'm quite happy to prepare meals for the family, though.

Hope the hunger passes quickly. :)

Well done - what a great start! I think everyone must have good days & bad days and on the bad days its best to keep as busy as you can and to use as many distractions as possible. Try to avoid obvious triggers as well - but thats always easier said than done.

Oh, and dont forget the water - if you start falling into a food daydream get up & pour another glass of water - at least it puts something in your stomach and sometimes fools your brain!

thanks all,, had the best nights sleep since starting last night - leg cramps were slightly less,, but I did dream of food - lettuce and tomoates of all things!!! I'm hoping that means a change in cravings.. or are cravings self inflicted.... good luck to everyone for a good day today..

Have a peek at the Atkins forum. I moved from CD to Atkins a few years ago. I don't think I would have kept the extra weight off any other way!

Good luck x

Back