Day 8 - still starving - please advise!

Hi all,

I posted in this forum a couple of days ago as I was concerned that I wasn't in ketosis. My main reason for thinking that was my still strong hunger sensation which has been fairly constant since I began the diet. At my first weigh in I was down 8 pounds and my pharmacist said that I couldn't have achieved that kind of weight loss without being in ketosis, but why then am I still so plauged by hunger? Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone offer me any advise on coping with hunger? (I'm already drinking as much water as I can handle.)

Help!!

Is it definitely hunger or food cravings? It did take me a couple of weeks to really get into the swing of LT and this may sound odd but I really enjoyed just the smell of food. Even now I find just smelling food helps to make me feel better!

I had to come off Lipotrim after 4 days as the migraines were unbearable. A colleague lost 11lbs in her first week so it obviously works. Hoping to give it another go :) Good luck with it Jules :)

I'm afraid it's definitely proper hunger as opposed to just mental cravings. I can feel the pangs quite frequently and the odd time my stomach rumbles audibly. Don't be put off though Leanne, I hear it isnt like this for most people.

I don't know what else to suggest because you surely must be in ketosis! I'm assuming that your sticking with it 100%, not nibbling at all and drinking between 2 and 4 litres of water a day? I hope you manage to hang in there and hopefully these hunger pangs will subside.

Yeah, I'm sticking to it by the letter! Thanks for the words of support - fingers crossed it changes!

I think I found the first 2 weeks hardest. I think I still get odd rumbles and "hunger" feelings which I deal with by drinking some water but most of the time I feel fine. It is tough but worth it. If you get headaches you may not be drinking enough water.

SlimmingJules said:
Yeah, I'm sticking to it by the letter! Thanks for the words of support - fingers crossed it changes!

Have u tried having a flapjack? They don't suit everyone. Just wondering if actually chewing and eating something would help u? Good luck x

I actually haven't had one headache since I started so that's something to be thankful for. And I effin love those flapjacks yeye! it's the highlight of my day, shame you can only have one. I'm on day 11 now so hopefully moving into the second week will change things. I'm thinking positive thoughts

Oh that's good news then, u sound like ur ready to attack it!!! ;-) x

Lots of sympathy coming your way from me because I still get feelings of hunger and I've done14 weeks now!! It really makes it sooo much harder and I feel like I could just stuff my face at times as I feel so starving but I know that would make me sick. I do find that lots of hot peppermint tea helps me when I feel like this so maybe give that a go.

Regardless, I've stuck to it and now lost 4st 4lb in 14 weeks so it does work, it's just HARD :-(

Hi,

I did LT back in June and back to join you all today (Wednesday). I lost 2.5 stone in a little over 8 weeks but have since gained 10lb do here again !!!
I found having hot shakes helped with the hunger pangs, even hot strawberry not to everybody's taste but I feel better and fuller on hot shakes except vanilla ( minging ) yuk. Green tea and black coffee and chilli flakes in the chicken soup are great on cold days.

Mini

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's day 12 and I'm still the same - trying not to let it get to me or throw me off track but my pharmacist is calling Lipotrim today to ask them about me as she said its highly unusual for someone to still experience genuine hunger at this stage if sticking totally to the programme as I am. I'll post what she reports back Ms R xx

Hello slimingjules how are you doing?
I am on my day 6, I work with food so it is quite hard sometimes but I stick with LT 100%. Try to have a big mug of chocolate shake with hot water, drink it really slowly, sip by sip, try to enjoy the moment. And at home if you are bored and don't want to feel the hunger try to busy yourself. I had my flapjack at 11am this morning, got home and I am on the internet just to kill some time until 5.3pm, then I will have my chicken soup and after that I am going to cook dinner for my husband (I couldn't do that on an empty stomach:) )

I think I've been fairly lucky so far in the sense that I don't feel physically hungry but my god do I miss food! It's killing me smelly other people's lunch at work and I'm so bored when I get home on a night without any cooking to do. I find myself laying in the bath for an hour after work (where I am now), cleaning then getting into bed at about 9pm n watching tv just so I'm away from the kitchen lol. I am drinking loads n loads of water though so maybe that's helping with the physical hunger x

It sounds like you're doing well Amy and dont worry about the 10lb's, it can be gone on 2 weeks on this diet! I'm into my 4th week now and although my physical hunger is still there (especially at normal meal times, I imagine my body has just 'learned' to get my stomach growling then) but it doesn't seem that bad now. After all these weeks and still not experiencing lack of hunger I'm probably not going to but hey, if i'm thin coming out the other side I'll forget all about it.

Are you slimming for your husband's return, that is so lovely and romantic. :heartpump:

You're doing great Slimmingjules! I stone in 2 weeks is amazing!

Yeah he'll be home in 4 weeks for 2 weeks. I know he loves me no matter what I weigh but I really don't feel comfortable at the moment. I've lost 10lb since he left but I'm still 1st 3lb heavier than I was when we met. I want to try to get back down to that at least as I know I'll be so much more confident.

Everytime I think about eating I think about what I want to look like when I collect him from the airport. That's keeping me motivated?

do you have a goal in mind or are you doing this for the good of ur health?xx

Make that 12lb since he left :) This diet is v v hard but it definitely works xx

Hey newgirl, I'm alright, doing my uni exams at the moment and its pretty tough without food. makes me realise how much i reward myself with food during exam time - way too much!!! How are you getting on? The first week can be pretty tough but you do actually get used to TFR. I know what you mean about eating slowly, I make my flapjack last forever to try and savour it. Mmm joy, I dont even care if they taste weird. :)

Amy, I'm just slimming for me really, for my confidence as you say. In 2010 I hit the 10 stone mark and i'd never been happier with my appearance. Just want to get back there really. As will you xx

Hey SlimmingJules I am doing well. I lost 3.9kg (8.6lb) since last friday so I am really pleased. I too keep looking at my old photos where I was slim :( and I promised myself this time to do everything possible to keep the weight off . Last time I lost a lot on Dukan diet, everyone was sooo impressed and now here I am back to square one :(

when I start my maintanance I am planning to eat a lot more fish, grilled and much smaller portions, I need to buy a small serving plate cos the one I was using was massive and I used to eat really large portions.

Good luck with your exams , drink a lot of water and on your breaks have a cup of pepermint tea xx

Back