Day of food after weigh day???

kirstyjade

So im just wondering does anyone have a day of food (carbs) and basically some bad food after they've been weighed

I get weighed every 2 weeks and i never make it past 3 days without food but im on day 3 of 100% of ss my weigh in is on thursday and i wanted to have friday where i can eat whatever i like and then 100% until next weigh in, would this have a big effect on my weight loss??

to be honest i couldnt do it, the whole point of cwp is taking food out of the equasion and learning to 'eat' properly again, to understand why you want to have 'blow outs'.. Although i understand why you want to do that, but it will kick you out of ketosis and your body would have to 're-start' every time you did it, which is a nightmare, sends your body the wrong signals..

i look at it this way.. cwp is until you get to goal weight, the foods you want will always be there when you've re-learnt foods etc.. you can still treat yourself after this journey..xx

I couldn't do it either tbh. Seems such a waste, being so good and then totally blowing it. And who can say what affect it will have on your losses - but i would always be thinking that my weight loss could have been better, if it wasn't for that day i ate carbs...

Someone has a good signature on here... (sorry for stealing it) it says: Dont reward yourself with food - you are not a dog.

Why don't you have an SS+ day - have a really nice meal, enjoy your food, but I wouldn't spoil it just for a day off as a treat. And it will be harder for you to get back into it the next day.

Lx

It is a total total waste, I know you want to reward yourself but you're doing more harm than good as you'll take yourself out of ketosis. Plus as others have said it's about realising food is for fuel not for comfort and you shouldn't have to stuff your face to feel good temporarily only to feel crap in the long run!

Perhaps you could treat yourself with a SS+ day and have a bit of chicken for dinner?

Have to echo the others here. Also this diet is by choice, you can buy these products but you've got to make the choice-it's not a prison sentence , if u use food when u come to the end of your 'sentence' you will just go back to old habits. If u want to eat & lose weight slower then just do SW or ww so u can have limited treats daily cos u will learn something still, by limiting urself but by having weekly 'blowouts' it's not changing any pattern that made u overweight in 1st place n therefore will always battle

How can u go through 3 (of the toughest) days n then ruin it just as ur over that hurdle? Seems pointless

I know where your all coming from but im not really doing it to change my relationship with food because i know that will never change for me i love food to much

I just feel one day a fortnight off plan completly (carbs) will help me stick to it in the long run but who know i maybe strong enough to resist i dis plan today as a day off because i was so hungary but i talked myself out of it and have'nt touched a thing

I love food too!! lol Forgotten what it tastes like, but I'm sure I'll still love it!!

I think we were trying to say that CD is hard to get back into, once you've had the taste of food it could be difficult to get back on track.

Lx

I am with the others. I personally couldn't do it that way. It's like running a marathon in a way: you hit a wall after Day3 but if you keep running, it's a breeze after a couple of weeks. If you stop, you will always keep hitting the same wall.

I knew I couldn't live without food and I am on Step 2 and it is amazing what a difference it makes to my mood all day. Why don't you try Step 2 for a while? My losses are still quite good on Step 2.

Having said this, everyone is different and ultimately, you have to do what makes YOU happy and comfortable :)

I agree with you all thats why iv decided this diet just isnt for me so im going to be leaving and joining SW

Thanks to everyone for all there help and support and i wish you all the best with your weight loss journeys xx

Back