Day of slimming world and I am really struggling today :(

Hi Purplesunshine,

Please don't stop, you have only just begun! Slimming World is not just a diet, it's like a behaviour therapy as we change our eating habits. It won't happen overnight, you need to give yourself time. The things you describe: you couldn't sleep and had no willpower --> I am the same. I can be 100% on plan for days, but catch me on a bad day, and I will slip. You still had a high-syn chocolate bar in your drawer at work? Unexpected temptation, learn from it. Remember that and keep healthy snacks in your drawer form now on. Very early on I learnt that if I want to succed I have to learn from each "mess up". During the first few weeks you are still working out what is difficult, and you're learning how to make the plan work for you.

Remember that you have to have FAITH that you can do this! Keep your self-talk positive. You can do this, if today was a bad day, you will do better tomorrow. Even if you go over your syns a bit, your diet is still much healthier than it was before (I presume) and you're doing your body a lot of good.
Come and ask for support if you need it, that's why we are here! x

Back