Day off a week... Yes or no?

lumpyandbumpy said:
it is difficult to resist food when u have that taste again. for me starting CD was the only thing i could do to stop the bingeing, i had reached the 12 stone mark, bigger than i ever was before when i put on weight after following other diets and something had to give. it was very hard the first 2 weeks to not eat but after that i found my stride and now im on week 11 sticking to SS, albeit not totally as i explained earlier with the atkins style treat meals after the weigh in. i think you just need to find a balance between the shakes and allowing urself some food if thats your choice but just remember you have options when choosing food, maybe try and curb the carbs because they will be what ur body craves! x

I was hoping CD would stop my urges to binge, but so far it hasn't.. I'm guessing maybe it's because I haven't given it much of a chance and am still right at the beginning? I really hope that it gets easier, cause there's nothing more irritating than having a constant argument & battle with yourself over food! :( I'm following SS+, so I am allowed a 200kcal meal and tend to opt for chicken as I'm a fussy eater and don't like much else from the list.. I can't wait to get to step 3 cause when I saw the options for breakfast & lunch I got so excited! Lol.. I will do this, and I will get to step 3! I do just need to say goodbye to the old binging me and persevere :) xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Send your partner out for a ready made roast chicken as I have a Tupperware box in the fridge with chicken so if I'm desperate for something I pick at that and if totally desperate I have a coke zero.

You need to have something ready for emergencies and you need to have an early night. Just to get you through until say day 5 when you start feeling great and the cravings have gone xx

start - 12.2 current - 11.12 target 9.7

standrewsbride23 said:
That's exactly what I'm like hun, I used to eat for hunger, fun and comfort - it was literally never ending! But then feel bad and disgusted with myself when I did! Its a nasty cycle hun which is why I love the fact that I don't need food at all anymore. Im hoping that the more I lose the more I will realise I don't need all the crap food in my life, all it ever did was make me feel crap. Eat to live, not live to eat and all that :) you can do it huni, you really can xxx

It's definitely comfort and fun for me too! The moment a bit of boredom sets in I think "what can I eat?.." and it's stupid! I just can't seem to stop either, and since I've had a baby I find it a million times harder to not nibble and snack, especially when the baby eats nice little treats like milky bar buttons :( it makes me feel crap too! While I'm eating it its a lovely comfort feeling, but when it's in my belly I feel guilty, miserable and crap! I need to change, I remember telling myself January after Christmas had came & gone that I'd get back to a diet.. It's may now and I'm two stone heavier than I was then!! xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
Send your partner out for a ready made roast chicken as I have a Tupperware box in the fridge with chicken so if I'm desperate for something I pick at that and if totally desperate I have a coke zero.

You need to have something ready for emergencies and you need to have an early night. Just to get you through until say day 5 when you start feeling great and the cravings have gone xx

I was told we could have a can of coke zero now and again, I think I may make that a weekend treat & have one on a Friday & Saturday night just for that bit of a sugar kick.. and to make me feel like I'm having something naughty!

I'm definitely having an early night tonight, and my son will probably keep me busy seen as he's trying to stand/walk now.. Two more shakes left for me & one coffee with my remaining 100ml of milk so it's not all bad :)

And your advice has really helped, so huge thanks! I'm going to nag you from now on when I need a kick up the butt so you can shout at me :) haha xx

we all know the feeling laurenmay , just stay positive and think what a yummy-mummy you will be when we get our summer x

laurenmay said:
And your advice has really helped, so huge thanks! I'm going to nag you from now on when I need a kick up the butt so you can shout at me :) haha xx

I'm very good at shouting at people!!!

It's just started pouring down with hailstones here & bad weather makes me hungry! Shout at me?

You have to accept that EVERYTHING makes you hungry!!!!!

Go and have a bubble bath. Or make a cup of tea and start a puzzle. Of go and eat a piece of chicken. Or put a film on.

Do not lose it. I'm always conscious that the more times you lose it on a diet, the more you become known as that person who's always on a diet. You want to do this once and for all don't you? NOW is that time!

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
You have to accept that EVERYTHING makes you hungry!!!!!

Go and have a bubble bath. Or make a cup of tea and start a puzzle. Of go and eat a piece of chicken. Or put a film on.

Do not lose it. I'm always conscious that the more times you lose it on a diet, the more you become known as that person who's always on a diet. You want to do this once and for all don't you? NOW is that time!

I know, the boys in work make fun of me for being on a diet and tell me I don't have the discipline to stick to it - I'm so determined to prove them all bloody wrong once and for all!

I wouldn't advise it for several reasons.. Firstly the first 3/4 day our bodies Are in starvation mode therefore if you continually do that with your body you can make urself ill, liver and kidney function are working hard to find fat stores and if you are not in ketosis yet starving your body will hold onto fat

Secondly, ketosis helps because it keeps you going, pumps energy into brain and eliminates toxins and fat... Without being in ketosis often enough you will not have bigger losses

Thirdly one day off a week could do more harm than good (in my opinion) this diet is All or nothing u need to give it 100% and the quicker u do that the quicker u can go up the steps.

You need to ask yourself wats more important, a cheat a week and slow weight loss/potential risk or 100% quick loss and move up steps quicker?

I know what I would prefer, but everyone is dif!

Also i am no doctor but from alot of reading thats what i have gathered to give u a response if u ask ur cdc I'm sure she wud advise higher step and perhaps it what u need?

katywoo87 said:
I wouldn't advise it for several reasons.. Firstly the first 3/4 day our bodies Are in starvation mode therefore if you continually do that with your body you can make urself ill, liver and kidney function are working hard to find fat stores and if you are not in ketosis yet starving your body will hold onto fat

Secondly, ketosis helps because it keeps you going, pumps energy into brain and eliminates toxins and fat... Without being in ketosis often enough you will not have bigger losses

Thirdly one day off a week could do more harm than good (in my opinion) this diet is All or nothing u need to give it 100% and the quicker u do that the quicker u can go up the steps.

You need to ask yourself wats more important, a cheat a week and slow weight loss/potential risk or 100% quick loss and move up steps quicker?

I know what I would prefer, but everyone is dif!

Also i am no doctor but from alot of reading thats what i have gathered to give u a response if u ask ur cdc I'm sure she wud advise higher step and perhaps it what u need?

I'm not gonna have the day off a week, I thought about it all day and it's not worth it, and I'd much rather lose the weight ASAP and then move up the steps like you said.. I just need to fight the food demons that live in my head! x

i know its hard hun but honestly, if you can stick to SS best as you can you will feel so much happier seeing the results than having a bowl of chips or a chocolate bar. carbs are lovely but evil and if you focus you can look forward to some good results. i lost 17lbs in my first 4 weeks and i know others on here have had really good results in their first months too so try ur hardest to be good and look forward to being slimmer for summer! x

laurenmay said:
I'm not gonna have the day off a week, I thought about it all day and it's not worth it, and I'd much rather lose the weight ASAP and then move up the steps like you said.. I just need to fight the food demons that live in my head! x

Good girl ;) keep it up you will be two stone slimmer before you know it!x

lumpyandbumpy said:
i know its hard hun but honestly, if you can stick to SS best as you can you will feel so much happier seeing the results than having a bowl of chips or a chocolate bar. carbs are lovely but evil and if you focus you can look forward to some good results. i lost 17lbs in my first 4 weeks and i know others on here have had really good results in their first months too so try ur hardest to be good and look forward to being slimmer for summer! x

I'll do my best to keep my positive head on :) it's hard but I'm desperately hoping it gets easier as the weeks pass.. x

I have an Atkins meal every wi day....only like a little steak with some lettuce, or bacon and eggs. It feels naughty but keeps me in ketosis x

IWillBeAYummyMummy said:
I have an Atkins meal every wi day....only like a little steak with some lettuce, or bacon and eggs. It feels naughty but keeps me in ketosis x

Do you still have big losses weekly by doing that? x

I have the average of 4lbs a week and thats with 2 massive binges x

What do you mean 2 massive binges? x

Back