Day one - Does this look okay?

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Just wanna see if you guys think this looks okay!
I think you are gonna say I need more veg in there.

Okay, here goes

Breakfast
2 x fried eggs - 1g C
3 x rashers grilled bacon - 0g C

Lunch
Chilli Chicken -3g C
Ham - 0g C
Cheese - 0g C
Mayo - 1g C
Rocket - 1g C

Snack
Ribs from Asda - allowed 6g C in case there was something on there carby

Dinner
Tesco Burger - 3g C
Cheese and Chive Dip - 3g C

Pudding
Sugar free jelly - 0.5g C
Double Cream - 0g C

Total
18.5g Carbs

The reason I have not had more veg is that I didnt like the rocket at lunchtime one bit, and I planned to have red pepper with the dinner but when I looked up on google how many carbs were in it, there was like 10g!!!! Which scared the life outta me so i left it out!
I dont like green veg....what to do???

xxxx

i suggest you take a good vitamin pill if you dont like veg. we should really get our carbs from greens as our jim would say! :D

if you read the Atkins book you should take vitamins anyway

When I first started Atkins I really didn't like much salad veg, or strong tasting veg like rocket. I just stuffed it down me anyway, and now I really like it. Atkins has changed my palette so much, it's not a chore to eat the healthy stuff any more.

Get or make some low carb salad dressing (Paul Newman brand Italian dressing is practically carb free) and smother your salads until you get to like the taste. Get bland veggies like broccoli, cabbage, leeks or bok choi and then toss them with butter, add salt, pepper, chilli flakes... or stir fry with flavoured oils or add bacon bits. Melt cheese on broc & cauli.

I wasn't a great veggie eater either, but now I love it. To start with I always drenched the veggies in butter or Mayo.

yes you must eat veggies/salad. you cant get our carbs from mayo etc all 20 of them. did you not eat any veg salad before atkins?

I planned to have red pepper with the dinner but when I looked up on google how many carbs were in it, there was like 10g!!!!

10 grams is a large pepper are you counting the net carbs? For a sweet red peeper it 4.05 for 100g. Maybe only eat half of it?? Green peppers are even less 2.94 for 100g, do you like them?

I used to stuff mine with savoury mince and sprinkle cheese on top nom nom.

Back