Day by day - new to atkins, comments V welcome

Lou*

Silver Member
Hi all,

I am going to try a diary, This is the first Diet i dont have a logging tool as such and am relying on My fitness pal and here for advise.. so please feel free to comment on anything x

So after going round the block a few times with ww, sw, & sf i seem to be back where i started older and larger.

The most i have lost was with WW 2st, But my will power is 0.. and the temptation to have 1 biscuit then leave the rest finally got the better of me...

I am 33 this year, my son will be 4, My BF actually weighs less than me and he is 6ft3 (this makes me cringe just thinking about it) He;s a typical manual worker. eats what he wants and either looses or stays the same..Again not good for my willpower....

So i started Atkins unofficially yesterday, and officially today.. I'm at work and already feel tired hopefully this is due to Work and not a result of the Diet already.

Today so far i have had

B - Bacon, Mushrooms and Egg = 1g

Lunch - 1/2 Chicken breast, 1/2 Steak with salad - I got this from the local restaurant and the salad did contain some high in carbs veg to altogether this was 12g

Dinner is going to be :
Belly pork strips
Mushrooms
Chorizo
3g

For snack i have some nice ham and cheese slices

Thanks for reading xxx

Hi Lou and welcome

Make sure you have a good read through the stickies - will explain a lot about Atkins :)

Can I suggest you get most of your carbs from leafy greens - spinach, cabbage, rocket, etc - good for you and help keep you regular :)

And drink lots of water! :)

Thanks, will do, I read all the sticky's soooo much info there it's brilliant ! I went onto the actual Atkins website and they have a link to Jims post of " So your thinking of starting Atkins" in their forums.. Kinda showed me i am definately in the right place x

Hi Lou

I'm a newbie as well today is my 4th day but so far really enjoying it. So much info and everyone on the forum is so helpful and friendly which has really motivated me.

Must say your dinner tonight looks great I love chorizo.

Hope you have a great week.

Mm that sounds lovely ! am looking forward to trying new things..

Hi Nevadiva i saw your diary and you have done really well x, here's to a successful and 1st of many good weeks for us xx

Hi Lou

I think I was writing on your thread when you were writing on mine :) Yep lets hope for some really good weeks,

Hi Lou, great to see your thread. Keep posting and we'll help out. Warning lots of random topics too:)

There is a recipe called chorizo rapido somewhere in the recipe thread - highly recommended and one of our staple lunches here now:)
Good luck:D

hi all if anyone reads this i'm just a litte worried i am doing this wrong.. for my tea i just had belly pork strips with mushroom, french beans and chorizo and it was the nicest tea i have had for aaaagggesss surely this can't be right?

the strips were a bit fatty ( but in a pork good way, and i used oil to cook them all in Fried) is this right? am soooo used to scraping all the fat / flavouring off, grilling half to death and not feeling satisifed i can't help but feel i'm going wrong.

on a positive i only had 1 cup of black coffee today rather than my usual 4 / 5 plus 3 pints of water !

oh and does anyone use those ketostix i have read about? if so do u receommend them and where do i buy them from? i was thinking maybe a mental note that i am showing in katosis may be a good motivator for me........ ok i have rambled enough. hope everyone is well xx

LOL don't worry Lou this is the most fab way of eating - you eat fat to burn fat - it's all explained in the book :)

Re the stix, you can get them from Amazon or pharmacies.

I know it feels wierd - but yes that's right:D

I wouldn't bother with the sticks - just another thing to get paranoid about- scales usually enough of a problem;)

thanks all.. once i get my head round it all i'm sure i'll stop worrying, Hmm think i'll have steak tomorrow.. ooh this is the good life ! haha

Morning all,

Went to bed with a headache last night and feel much better this morning, Had my first glass of water already.

Breakfast was Bacon, Mushroom and egg.. was Gorgeous

Lunch i think will be Chicken breast with salad ( but without all the high carb salad this time)

Dinner i think is going to be steak with french beans, mushrooms, cooked with chorizo and maybe a little bit of cheese

All sounds good - keep going:D

Grrr just had my lunch which was lovely but now left with a plate full of red onion and peppers.. i do wish people would listen.. all going in the bin at least i wont have onion breath.. silver lining and all that xx

Evening Lou:)

hi kat1e and all, had my lovely tea of steak french beans, chorizo and mushrooms while bf had a kfc did not fancy his at all my headache has gone and am sat drinking green tea unstead of my usual wine.. infact my valentines champagne is stil untouched.. hmm i wonder how many carbs that little beauty holds... i dread to think !!

i hope the scales are nice to me next week as for the 1st time in ages i can actually see myself sticking to this !! yey

Back