Day One Down! ;-)

Pudders

Silver Member
Hi All,

So last night I was prescribed Orilstat from my GP. I've been so excited about starting so immediately went and go the tablets so that I could start today.
I was weighed at the Drs last night and was 15st 8lbs.... I don't need to go back to the GP until August. I've been down to Tescos tonight and figured I should weigh down there so that at least I could get a weigh in so that I can compare next week, as I know that all scales are different.
The Tesco scales weighed me at 16st!! lol.... This is so incredibly liberating.... I WEIGH 16 STONE AND I HOPE THAT TODAY IS THE HEAVIEST I'M EVER GOING TO BE!! lol...

So... 16st is what I'll use going forward and will continue to use the Tesco scales.

I haven't been given any info on the tablets, so any info I have, i've found online, so please forgive me if I ask any silly questions!!

Today I've had the following....

2 x scrambled eggs and a slice of ww toast.
Apple
Chicken Salad and another slice of ww bread
Muller Light Greek - Coconut... OMG - HEAVEN IN A POT!!!
For dinner, I was meant to be doing a spag bol, however I picked up Lean steak mince, and when I went to use it, there is 14.5gm per 100gm of fat!!
So.... I kept a bit of sauce back, cooked spag bol for everyone else, and then just chopped some mushrooms, brocolli, and green beans, and mixed the sauce over the spaghetti...

What do you more experienced people think of the above food diary? Is this the way to continue? I;m a little concerned I've not eaten enough so I'm going to go and demolish the pack of mango slices that are calling me from the fridge!

People talk about the side effects, but is the nasty issue a 'side effect' or a 'consequence'? If you play by the rules, would there still be the ''nasty issue''?!!

Feeling enthusiastic today for sure, and will be using you guys as one of my tools as well as the apps and the tablets!

Thanks for listening / reading!

Laura x

Hi Laura! Welcome to the Orlistat gang, lol. Your food diary looks pretty good. I think some people have found eggs problematic but I don't eat them myself so can't confirm that. Are you calorie counting? If so, are you using My Fitness Pal? It's a good way of keeping track of how much you've eaten, and you can track your fat on there too.

There's an informative "stickie" thread in this section that should tell you most of what you need to know about the "rules" of Orlistat-friendly eating. You're right in saying that if you follow these guidelines you won't get the nasty problems, but if you stray very far from them you'll know about it big-time, lol.

All the very best. :) xx

Hi Laura! Welcome to the Orlistat gang, lol. Your food diary looks pretty good. I think some people have found eggs problematic but I don't eat them myself so can't confirm that. Are you calorie counting? If so, are you using My Fitness Pal? It's a good way of keeping track of how much you've eaten, and you can track your fat on there too.

There's an informative "stickie" thread in this section that should tell you most of what you need to know about the "rules" of Orlistat-friendly eating. You're right in saying that if you follow these guidelines you won't get the nasty problems, but if you stray very far from them you'll know about it big-time, lol.

All the very best. :) xx

Ditto the grat advice! Welcome along, I wish you well on your jouney, why don't you move this to the xen diaries and keep us all up to date on your progress x

Morrisons, Tesco & Sainsburys all do an extra lean mince which is ok within the rules & once you have eaten that you will never eat higher mince again cos it tastes so much better. If you haven't already got it the Hairy Dieters cookbook is brilliant

Brilliant! Thanks. Will definitely check it the other threads. I've just loaded all the data into my fitness and my stats say that today's menu gives me 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat. What a clever gadget!! I'll keep using this for sure to get an idea of where i need to be heading. Thanks again guys. Your support is very much appreciated. Goodnight!!

hi , i'm a newbie too just started today xxx ive been getting my info off the net aswell my doctor wasnt very helpful i have about 50lb to lose, good luck.

Brilliant! Thanks. Will definitely check it the other threads. I've just loaded all the data into my fitness and my stats say that today's menu gives me 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat. What a clever gadget!! I'll keep using this for sure to get an idea of where i need to be heading. Thanks again guys. Your support is very much appreciated. Goodnight!!

Wonder why your Doc doesnt want to aee you til August. I have to go every 4 weeks. I am lucky mine is really good and we get our prescriptions free in Northern Ireland. I also got 12 weeks free membership to a slimming club of my choice through the Weight loss scheme :)

Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

Back