Day one of a new life :)

Apart from the porridge, never try the porridge again! pmsl!!! God, I'm still having nightmares about it!!!

I have had to bring porridge to work today ... OHHHH NOOOO ... basically I got 7 porridges because as I usually love the stuff (the yummy, creamy Quaker Oats stuff) I thought I would love this ... so lunch time is officially force-a-porridge-down time! Woo-hoo!

Well day 5 has brought *ahem* constapation. Owwwwweeeyyy it hurts ... it started last night and I just sat there (you know where ...) with raging tummy pains and they are still here this morning. Can anyone suggest something ... mild to take! Ive never taken a laxative before - to be honest I find them quiet scary because I have IBS and generally i am like I have taken a laxative anyway! hee hee .. ohhh, too much info for a Tuesday morning! BUT HELP, PAIN, HELP :)

I have been taking 1 dulcolax and I have ordered some benefiber off eBay which is a fibre supplement as I don't want to take a laxative every time I need to go to the loo. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i have taken senakot, which worked fine for me - bit explosive but i think that's often the way.

more recently i have just knocked back a couple of pro plus. i have no caffeine otherwise, and it gets things moving more or less straightaway. i'd guess if you have coffee or tea that wouldn't work, though.

I've always just used the tesco's own brand like senokot as they are cheaper and still do the trick. Constipation is nasty and makes u feel yucky!

I have no constipation cure sorry. I just tend to find that some sweetener does the trick for me. Not like splenda or anything, but something far more sinister like maltitol - so the cambridge bars work a treat! lol!

Hope you feel better soon. Jump round to the chemist and go get yourself something.

Day Six ... SIX !!!

Morning all! Well I am very excited to be on day 6 ... didn't think I would get here!

Major blip yesterday as ran out of packs and couldn't get hold of my CDC, I had a 170g chicken breast with lettuce and balsamic vinegar and a multivit - checked ketosis this morning and still "in the pink" so chuffed with that!

Back to 3 packs today. Ive just had a Western Film style stand off with a strawberry shake. It looked at me, I looked at it, it said to me "I hate you" .. I said back "I hate you more sucker" to which I bodged its eye out with a straw and downed it in one. I'll show you you RANK A SS strawberry shake! This was the strawberry shake I found on the floor of my car ... hateful thing.

Catching up with my CDC at lunch time for more packs - although weigh in is not until tomorrow. Folks, I am not mystic meg but I am predicting a poor show .. I am preparing myself for a poor loss, I have been naughty and jumped on my own scales and so far it's showing 4lb ... obviously on day 6 it isn't going to move much further. Im ready to be the "smallest loser" give it TO me!

Weirdest / best thing is I feel really well though - like "super well" ... considering I usually feel ill, tired, sluggish this is a major bonus and probably overhauls the fact I can't stand the shakes. Maybe?

Anyway, time to teach ... business & enterprise this morning, not my subject by a long shot but a cover lesson. Yet again no planning time this week. Welcome to the world of education ;) ! Everyone seems to be off ill at the moment .. fingers crossed all the vitamins and minerals in the CD stuff will keep it at bay!

Until later girls and boys ... RW x

haha loving your morning shake talk, is that a tetra? All tetras are wrong :rotflmao:
I still think you'll be surprised at weigh in just because its not showing yet, doesn't mean it won't show on weigh day.
Have a good day x

Well day 7. But it's not really. I threw in the towel last night. Can't do it anymore. I know there is no such word as can't but in this case for me I really CANNOT do it anymore. Just can't stand the "food" you have to live off! Only lost 5lb in my first week SS too and I get that on Weight Watchers so last night I went back to the watchers of the weight .. I am still in ketosis and I aim to stay there by still following a low carb, low GI diet, but with real life food. Anyway, sorry to let some of you down, your support has been emmense and I wish you all the luck in the world with your journeys - you are better than me at stomaching horrible food! I had some real porridge this morning and nearly cried how amazing it was!! I am still on a journey, and will still lose 4 stone for my wedding, but just in a different way. Quick fixes aren't for me! Lots of love, the still reluctant whale .. xx

You haven't let anyone down hun, you tried and its not for you, at least you tried.
Good luck with weight watchers, hope you'll still pop in to check on us, Will you still update you blog? x

Yeah, I'll still update my blog. I'm not thinking Weight Watchers will be easy either ... hardest thing so far is my friend HUNGER is back today after being away for 3 days .. already I am more chilled and relaxed though whereas to be honest the last week ive not been myself at all, infact my boyfriend - HUSBAND come July actually was releaved last night when I ate because he was worried I was losing the plot! lol

Thought it was about time I updated my blog .. it's been a while! Well, ive been weight watchering it for 7 weeks now and I am down to 14.6lb .. total weight loss 1 stone 2 and a half pounds .. I am pretty chuffed to bits to be fair! Especially after the initial drama of trying Cambridge and hating it (thanks for those first 5lb though Cambridge I do love you for that!!) I have stuck to it rigidly and still had a few treats. Loss has been slow and steady with the usual, annoying "STS" weeks at TOTM ... best thing is though ive not put ON a single lb the whole time ive been doing this, really thought I was on a losing battle around the 15 stone mark where nothing seemed to be moving! hopefully I am at the stage wherE I will never see 15 stone ever again now ... !! Anyway ,that is how I am doing ... pretty pleased with myself. 12 stone for my wedding seems a LONG way off .. so I am weight watchers / atkins it for a few weeks to try and get a bit more excelleration !! (still impatient!) Hope you are all doing well! RW x

Really great to see that you are doing so well!

Well done,

You will be looking fab in your wedding dress at 12 stone before you know it :)

xxxx

Back