day one of Atkins

bluecatlady

Hello all and welcome to the new Atkins me. I'm day one done.

Meals planned for the next two weeks and everything is going ok. I've got Sugar cravings but I can cope with those and yes I ate too many Maltesers yesterday as a goodbye to chocolate and I'm suffering for it now, lol.

I'm a bit grumpy and surprisingly I'm finding I'm already really quite low energy, yes I know I'm posting late but I've not done anything today apart from prepare my food today and I'm really drained.

I don't want bread which I have not eaten for weeks after deciding to go lower carb but I'm craving milk which I suspected I would but it's really strong! I could rip someone arm off for a glass of milk, lol, shocking how desperate the 'need' for something that is bad for me is.

Roll on day four or five when I expect my cravings to have subsided enough to handle with less grump! Woo

Hi and welcome bluecatlady, good luck with this way of eating, the first few days are the hardest, track your food on your diary, I find it really does help :)

Hi, I hope today is settling down a bit for you. I'm doing my first day (again!) and it's going well, tonight's going to be harder, will miss my usual glass of wine! Sounds daft but I'm going to sit in a different chair this evening to watch telly, maybe this'll break the habit. Worth a try lol

Thank you all, I didn't expect such support!!

Day two down, chicken and salad lunch and half a chicken base, cheese and bacon with red pepeprs pizzer for dinner but sadly I'm still craving my glass of milk and if i'm honest i'm already wanting an apple and I hardly ever eat fruit. I think it's that I know I must not have it that makes it worse.

I'm still firmly in slimmers world mind set and I would have liked nothing more than to go outside in the evening and have a mini milk or other low calorie (but sadly high carb) desert. I know it's two weeks away but I can't wait tilll I can have some berries made into a iced drink or something. Strawberries and cream suddenly seems sooooo worth eating. I hope my taste buds change as I usually find all berries too tart to eat and since I refuse to load my food with sugar I end up giving up on them after only a few.

Altogether, i hope everyone else is doing well!!

Question is thou I don't feel bad as such I feel heavy and still grumpy, dammit i just want a glass of milk, yadda yadda. lol

I know where you're coming from in the milk! It's replaced chocolate as my naughty treat lol

Good luck with the plan x

Sophia G said:
I know where you're coming from in the milk! It's replaced chocolate as my naughty treat lol

Good luck with the plan x

Lol. Milk over chocolate huh, who ever thought anyone would say that!

Getting indigestion tonight and last night which is strange for me as I only used to get it after drinking and dodgy kebab eating which I have not done in over a year. Wonder what that's about!? Milk would have cured it...sigh. still 97% meat sausages for breakfast with eggs, yay!

good luck with this way of eating

Back