Day one of the new me!

allie5

Morning all!
Im allie and I started Cambridge SS this morning (apple and cinnamon porridge and 1/2 litre of water. Bit like apple favoured wallpaper paste!)
To be honest Im terrified! I loooove my food but I hate being fat more! Im 5ft 5 and starting weight was 14st 8lb. My goal weight for just now is 10st 7lb. Im getting married in July and Im determined not to be a fat bride. Im hoping the first week isn't too bad. I don't want to feel ill and I hope I don't givemy lovely fiancee and little boy too much grief!
So hello everyone and I apologise in advance for the possibly moany posts over the next few days!!

Just wanted to say good luck, I did Cambridge last year and it works if you stick to it! First three days they say are the worst, although for me they were fine.....I drank over 4 litres of water a day so I think that helped lots. I'd recommend it!! I did find I was obsessed with food for the first two weeks though!!

Just persevere, remember it's physically impossible not to lose weight if you stick to it!

For me I accepted that it's all about being in ketosis and the choices I make.....if I chose to go off the diet for something I knew I shouldn't eat, then I'd come out of ketosis and wouldn't lose the weight.....plus I'd have to go through the first 3 days again! I realised that wasn't worth it!

Let us know how you get on! Gets even easier when you can have the water flavourings And the bars!!

Alan

Forgot to say, I found for me it was easier just to have 3 x tetras and 1 bar a day (can have the bars after the first 2 weeks). That's all I had for 14 weeks every day!

I didn't worry about the sachets, soups or mousse, but everyone is different, just do what is best for you and don't listen to anyone trying to put you off!

I found because I lost weight so quickly, many people wanted me to stop the diet!!! People are funny like that.....the try to sabotage you when you are succeeding at something!!!

Good luck to you, i'm sure if you stick with it you will be a beautiful, slim bride on your wedding day :D

Good luck! just keep picturing yourself walking down that aisle and everyone gasping at how stunning you look!

I got married last year and remember that shopping for wedding dresses was no fun at all when you are bigger than a size 12 so I really sympathise with you wanting to lose weight for the big day.

You've chosen the best way to get that weight off fast! Just stick with it 100% and there's no way you won't achieve your goal!

x

Hey guys. Its the morning of day three and I think Im heading into ketosis! Yesterday was horrible. Felt sick and headachey all day. About 8pm the headache lifted and I got a sudden rush of energy. Went to bed and slept like a log! Got up this morning and really wasn't hungry! Had to force my porridge down although my half litre of water was easier! So we shall see how today goes!

allie5 said:
Hey guys. Its the morning of day three and I think Im heading into ketosis! Yesterday was horrible. Felt sick and headachey all day. About 8pm the headache lifted and I got a sudden rush of energy. Went to bed and slept like a log! Got up this morning and really wasn't hungry! Had to force my porridge down although my half litre of water was easier! So we shall see how today goes!

Keep up the good work allie I'm on day 5 weigh in on Monday can't wait!

Well done for getting this far - day 3 is the worst! Sounds like you might be ketosis now :)

It gets much easier from here on - keep going!

x

MsPea said:
Well done for getting this far - day 3 is the worst! Sounds like you might be ketosis now :)

It gets much easier from here on - keep going!

x

Thanks allie to honest I not had any bad days no headaches no hungry I think I have been very lucky , are you finding things hard? X

Good luck

It's a shame you started with apple porridge - your not the only person to describe it that way!

My first day too and very fearful.......

My first day, it's cold, I'm not hungry, which is great, but missing actual eating, does it get easier? :)

Yea, so much easier. I just re read my diary from first time round. Day 12 was me writing that it was so much easier than I'd mentally thought it would be, especially as I'd signed up for 100 days on Lighter Life. I'm on day 12 this time round & have loads of energy, much better skin & whilst I'm sniffing every bit of food I see, food doesn't feel part of my life right now. It also gives you loads more time :)

Hey guys! Im currently on day 18 and 13.2lbs down. Its not great but my first week was written off as I had. TA weekend that I really didn't prepare for! Realistically its nearly a stone in two weeks. Once I got into ketosis its been great! Not hungry in the slightest. Just a bit bored! I detest the soups and Im really missing savoury foods! But its worth it to get rid of the weight!

Back