Day One.

EvieWonder

And I'm already not so sure if I can do this. Have not tried the products before today but just had the toffee & raisin bar and it really didn't agree with me. I've only had half it because I really couldn't stomach the rest. Saying that, I was worried I wouldn't drink enough water but I've just drank 500ml alone to rinse the taste out of my mouth.

I know some of you see it as "medicine" but I'm not so sure now if I can do this. I'm really hoping my tastebuds might acclimatise and feel bit silly for actually looking foward to trying the bars.

Please just tell me I'm being stupid. :(

You can do it! :)

There are loads of us on here doing it, and not one hasn't had some kind of reservations or doubts at the beginning.

The weird taste, the strangeness of not really eating, the initial hunger pangs and first few days of feeling crap.

Then, after that, it all goes away, and the simplicity of this diet allows real focus, and you can think about things other than food for a change as all that is taken away from you, making it easier and easier.

As far as the practicality of the actual bars is concerned, I actually don't much like the Exante bars either - I much prefer the Tesco Ultraslim or Biggest Loser bars that we can substitute is required instead.
In my latest delivery, I just ordered the shakes as I couldn't face more of the dry as sticks bars :D

You do get used to the taste/texture as time goes on, and the results really are WORTH IT!

hey hun x as scanbran says it does get easier . When you first stop eating all the yummy things you are used to you are bound to find the bars and shakes taste funny .. they are not sweeties or McDonalds milkshakes , as they contain 1/3 of all your daily nutritional requirements they are going to taste odd ...but after 4 or 5 days your tastebuds change ....I promise you the products will taste totally different in a week to what they do now .
A lot of people arent keen on the exante bars so try the tesco ultra slim ones , they are lush :) you will find something that suits you , dont let your brain use this as an excuse to give up now xxx

Thank you sooo much!
I've only eaten half the bar and to be honest, my tum feels so dodgy I don't feel hungry.
They've even brought the cake out at work celebrating 175year anniversary and I've point blanked refused it (and the guy that sits behind me with his stash of haribos).
I did think the taste was connected with the nutrients etc but my stomach feels like it's taken a turn for the worse but I keep telling myself it's because it's been so long since my body has had any of these nutrients in my system. Will keep gluggibg at water til I get home and try a shake.

X

Hi Evie, I tried them at first and didnt really like them, moved to BL bars, but now using them up and 7 weeks in actually dont taste too bad!! Wont say my tastes changed fro good, but at least changed where something to eat better than nothing!!
Good luck!

I completely agree with the others - the Exante bars do have a strange taste and texture - a bit like eating grit! But the Tesco Ultraslim ones are really lovely - I'd have them even if I wasn't dieting.
My boyfriend had a dodgy tummy when he started Exante (thankfully he's alright now), and I've heard before that it's because your body isn't used to getting all it's recommended vitamins and minerals in three big hits a day. I've read somewhere else that it helps to drink plenty of water right before you eat, and while you're eating, just to dilute the vitamins/minerals a bit.
I was the complete opposite though in the tummy department (sorry if that's too much info!) so I guess it just shows how different we are, even when we're eating the same stuff!

Having said all that, Exante is well worth sticking to, and like the others have said, you do get used to the taste of the packs! You can add a bit of variety as well by having the chocolate shake hot, or adding cofffe to the vanilla...
Good luck with the rest of your first day :)
x

I used to hate the shakes but now I love them (especially choc cold with coffee)
I still dont like the bars so I have the tesco ultra slim ones and they are yummy.

It does get easier so stick with it and soon the weight will be falling off.

Thats a good idea Determinator.

I tried a choc shake yesterday and that didn't go down well, so heated it up like a hot choc which made it bearable but gave up half way. Then I had a veg soup which I wasn't keen on either so didn't finish that either. I resorted to finishing a pack of ham and nicked a chicken drummer from my bf's dinner. Doh.

This morning I had the choc and orange bar which was okayish. Not as dramatic as yesterday anyway! Lol!
Just trying to drink plenty of water an thinking how I will feel when I can fit into my size 10's again.

I bought the soups didnt really like them but have added chilli flakes or garlic powder and find it helps. You will get used to them so don't worry about that! As to the tummy I guess when your diet changes dramatically it is going to take some time to settle down so give it a week and see how you feel then x good luck x

Hi

I'm a sussex girl and have similar stats to you, I'm not on my last 7-10lbs depending what I feel comfortable at, i'm currently a size 10 both top and bottom but would like to be an 8. You can do it, I have had about a month off, and gained 3lbs eating mainly low carb but had the odd naugty. If you blasted this for two months you could easily get to goal!

Hiya Hun try adding a sweetener to your shakes and have them with ice so much better good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Back