Day one

Rocky Road

Well here I am in day one. I haven't felt too hungry so far but it is only 2pm lol. I had a rumbly tummy at 10.15am but that passed. At 1.30pm I had that old notion for just going to the fridge and nibbling on something but it wasn't actual hunger it was just my usual grazing problem. It is one of the reasons for wanting a TFR so that I can break my grazing habit.

I am so excited about what the next few months are going to bring. I can't wait to see weight dropping and my new body emerging woo hoo.

Good luck! I know exactly what you mean about going to the fridge / cupboard. I did it all the time in the early days and then realised that I couldn't have anything at all. And 9 times out of 10 I wasn't even hungry, it was just habit.

Good luck! I'm on day one too. So far so good. Not hungry but feeling a little nauseous. Hoping that will pass soon. Keep us updated with how you're doing X

BordersGirl said:
Good luck! I know exactly what you mean about going to the fridge / cupboard. I did it all the time in the early days and then realised that I couldn't have anything at all. And 9 times out of 10 I wasn't even hungry, it was just habit.

Oh I know bordersgirl, isn't it an awful habit. This is a great opportunity to break that mentality. It is amazing to realise how many times I reach for odd bits of food, no wonder it all added up.

jenuk said:
Good luck! I'm on day one too. So far so good. Not hungry but feeling a little nauseous. Hoping that will pass soon. Keep us updated with how you're doing X

Hi Jen. Best of luck hun. I hope that feeling passes for you. I have felt ok so far. No nausea. I did have a lot of nausea on lipotrim but it passed so maybe it will pass for you in a few days on slim and save. Let me know how you get on hun.

Day one complete and nausea only last a few hours. Was fine once i had my cottage pie in the evening. Didn't sleep too well but never do on a Sunday so hoping I can maintain the energy today. Feeling ok so far and actually enjoying every sachet. I'm surprised how good they taste. What are the savoury options?

I love the savour meals, it is the main reason I changed from lipotrim. So far I've had spicy spaghetti, spag bog and macaroni cheese. They have all been great but my favourite is spag bog which I thought was spicier than the spicy one :).

Day one complete and nausea only last a few hours. Was fine once i had my cottage pie in the evening. Didn't sleep too well but never do on a Sunday so hoping I can maintain the energy today. Feeling ok so far and actually enjoying every sachet. I'm surprised how good they taste. What are the savoury options?

I'm so glad that the nausea didn't last. I had nausea with lipotrim and it wasn't much fun for the first few days. I must say I am finding day 2 to be a bit of a struggle so just hope I get into ketosis asap. I am just trying to keep busy and not think about food too much. When I think about food I try and think about how I am going to look when I get to target weight :)

Hang in there day 2 will end, day 3 will arrive. The times going to pass anyway, it's what you do with it that counts.

Not long til you're in ketosis. :)

I'm much better this afternoon, this morning was hard but now feel quite full of energy and not hungry. Although its so cold at work that I'm more focused on trying to warm up, dam uk weather lol. We can do it! Stick with it too and we'll hopefully forget about it in a few days and it will become normality.

Hang in there day 2 will end, day 3 will arrive. The times going to pass anyway, it's what you do with it that counts.

Not long til you're in ketosis. :)

Thanks I needed to be told that as I just finished a food pack and nearly caved. I always have something sweet after a meal and it took all the willpower I have to stop myself grabbing something. I need to break the sugar addiction and this is the way to do it I guess (cold turkey lol).

I'm much better this afternoon, this morning was hard but now feel quite full of energy and not hungry. Although its so cold at work that I'm more focused on trying to warm up, dam uk weather lol. We can do it! Stick with it too and we'll hopefully forget about it in a few days and it will become normality.

Yes this morning was hard for me and then after my dinner oh my goodness I nearly had to be physically restrained. I have come upstairs out of the way and on to the computer to keep out of the kitchen.

AHHHHH I just put a poxy bit of chicken in my gob and ate it. OK calm down Elizabeth, it was plain chicken, it won't effect ketosis and will hardly be any calories. OOOH so annoyed with myself to lose a slight amount of control in day 2 :mad:. I need to do my trick of thinking what I would say to a friend and follow that advice. I'd say get a grip, it was a blip, move on lol. Not very sympathetic, I'm sure I would say it nicer to someone else.

I'm off to the success stories to motivate myself again.

Don't beat yourself up over it. We're all human. It's done now so put it behind you and carry on. Think of that feeling when people will start to notice weight loss and paying compliments. Try to focus on that. Almost on day 3 which is pretty close to half way through the week. Don't put yourself down. You can do it! X

Thanks Jen. I managed to get a grip and not turn a bit of chicken into something worse.

You'll be fine, your doing great, keep at it hunny

If you like somethin sweet save a bar for the evening or a shake to make up as a pudding - less water, I make mine up in a ramekin

Nice to have something in evening

Have a good day Xx

Morning all, day three here we come. Having never done this before, how do you know when you're body is in ketosis?

Good luck for day 3 X

Hi Jen. Well from what I understand there are some symptoms such as less hunger and increased energy along with a yucky taste in your mouth. I seem to have all 3 at the moment. I am someone who likes proof so I bought some ketostix and yesterday was in neutral but today am slightly pink so there is now some ketones coming out which means I am going into or in ketosis (that is the theory behind using ketostix anyway). I was hungry when I woke up but am starting to feel a kind of buzzing energy lol. I better stay away from the coffee in case I go into an excited overdrive :eek:. I must say something on ketostix though. On another thread I asked if anyone thought they were good and from the answers I don't think they are always reliable as for some people they don't change and one can place too much importance on them. I had bought them so decided to give it a bash anyway but from what others have said just trust the plan and you will go into ketosis:)

You'll be fine, your doing great, keep at it hunny

If you like somethin sweet save a bar for the evening or a shake to make up as a pudding - less water, I make mine up in a ramekin

Nice to have something in evening

Have a good day Xx

Thanks hun. I made it through one way or other lol. Certainly feeling much better on day 3 and not even that fussed about getting my lunchtime pack.

Back