Day three and already struggling?

Mel9079

Hi guys, well after reading up and thought this diet would be ideal for me. So day before yesterday I attempted a down day but hit nearly 900calories... That was a fail but didn't give up, had an up day yesterday as I was training in Manchester all day. So today I tried again for a down and have counted 846 :( all without really realising. How did you get through your first weeks??

Sounds awful but I got through them by not eating at all. I found as soon as I started I got hungrier. I just have decaff coffee with skimmed milk and water. I can't even drink diet drinks as they spike my sugar the same way normal ones do. I also only did 5 pm until 5 pm fasts. That means I could eat tea at both ends of the 24 hours and have a sleep in between instead of doing a night, day and all the next night making it more like 36 hours fast. They do get easier and my first was my worst.

Hi Mel

I'm the same as Ladybird. I tried starting this several times but every DD i tried as soon as i started eating i just couldn't stop. I decided to try not eating and sought some advice from people on here who re-assured me that lots of people do the same i gave it a go and it was soooo much easier :) Now on my DD's i just drink water and black coffee and this week i've been adding in a juice i made by juicing various fruit and veg. So glad i tried it :)

Thanks guys, trying again on Friday so will give the no food at all option a go. I've been logging on My Fitness Pal and it scares the be***** out of me when it tells me I'm eating too few calories and my body will go into starvation lol it's like an automatic instruction to go raid the fridge haha

How have your losses been x I'm so eager to lose the weight and get my swaga back....

I lost loads on the beginning but it slowed to about a 1 lb a week after the first month. Other have done miles better then me but I got really ill in February and couldn't fast for ages. I still can't really. I've about 7-10 lb left to lose and I think short of going under the knife I 'm stuck with it cos I've been bouncing between 11 stone and 11 4 for weeks and weeks. I can't say its JUDDD fault tho cos I am not really doing it at the moment. Don't believe the starvation mode thing you read on MFP either. It's a myth. People doing vlcd don't even go into that on 650 a day for months.

I've only properly been into this for 3 weeks. Week 1 i lost 5lbs. Week 2 i gained 1lb (but weighed in after an UD rather than DD). This week i've weighed in 2 days earlier than normal in order to weigh after a DD and i've lost 1.5lbs and i appear to be on my TOTM despite the fact that i'm backing my pill packs together! But i appear to have lost inches as well i can now fasten my size 12 trousers and my bra fits me round the back much better than it did 3 weeks ago.

Back