Step 1 Sole Source Day two on cd and major urge for food

I found Saturday tough but have started drinking some fizzy water in the evening to help!!! Makes me laugh my Saturday night treat is fizzy water oh how my Saturdays have changed!! Xx

Exactly what everyone sed, it really does pass, I was still starving into my second week and could of killed someone that was eating infront of me I was even having dreams of food.

Coke zero is ok as a treat so don't worry to much it wont knock you out of it.

It really is work everything that you go through on this diet, the journey is part of the battle, once you loose the first stone you will get such a boost and the motivation will be something else.

We can do this :) Best of luck everyone.

Ex

If you HAVE to eat (and trust me, everyone has their weak moments), eat protein. Not carbs. Protein doesn't kick you out of ketosis while carbohydrates do. Have a boiled egg, or my little secret are the small individual packets of roast chicken fridge raiders. Try to keep it to lean proteins rather than bacon or ham. But even that is better than carbs. The more you eat carbs, the hungrier you will be.

Agreed! For me it's a tin of tuna in freshwater, that's what I eat on the nights that I just HAVE to have something. Life saver.

For me I found it completely impossible until I got serious and cleared out my cupboards. I got rid of ALL the food in my cupboards and fridge, and now all that's in the cupboard is tins of tuna in freshwater, and all that's in the fridge is water and ready-made milkshake cartons. It's pretty hilarious to see, I've found it really helpful though. :)

If you're struggling with hunger I recommend you try two things!
a) try making up your sachets with 400-500mls of water, if there are any flavours that you can enjoy at half strength, that's TWICE AS MUCH FOR YOU! :D Helps fill you up.
and/or
b) I think hot drinks help me feel more full than cold ones, feel free to try your milkshakes hot! Honestly, the chocolate mint and vanilla are both delicious hot (even better than they are cold, I would argue) so worth a try :)

Stick at it, you know that it will be worth it, just take it one day at a time. If you do cheat, or fall off the bandwagon, forgive yourself, you are human, but MOVE ON, put it behind you, don't do it again, and don't think "Oh well, I've cheated now, I'll just have the night off and start again tomorrow." You know you'll only kick yourself <3

Source: all the mistakes that I have made over and over :p

Well its beej very hard and the day os not over yet but so far ive stuck to this 100percent not drank as much water yet as needed but that biys quite hard but im sire ill get used to it and having the soups has really helped one more shake to go and day one will be complete I proud of myself coz I didnt think I could get through a day when I started last week maybe its just best for me to take it one day at a time so well dune more

Ooh, it's worth noting that constantly drinking helps you feel full and not think about food too much. I find it REALLY noticeable that if I run out of water/forget to drink, in about 20 minutes flat I'm feeling hungry and looking for something to snack on. It makes a huge difference for me, so I aim to always have water with me, literally ever second of the day!

Agreed! For me it's a tin of tuna in freshwater, that's what I eat on the nights that I just HAVE to have something. Life saver.

For me I found it completely impossible until I got serious and cleared out my cupboards. I got rid of ALL the food in my cupboards and fridge, and now all that's in the cupboard is tins of tuna in freshwater, and all that's in the fridge is water and ready-made milkshake cartons. It's pretty hilarious to see, I've found it really helpful though. :)

If you're struggling with hunger I recommend you try two things!
a) try making up your sachets with 400-500mls of water, if there are any flavours that you can enjoy at half strength, that's TWICE AS MUCH FOR YOU! :D Helps fill you up.
and/or
b) I think hot drinks help me feel more full than cold ones, feel free to try your milkshakes hot! Honestly, the chocolate mint and vanilla are both delicious hot (even better than they are cold, I would argue) so worth a try :)

Stick at it, you know that it will be worth it, just take it one day at a time. If you do cheat, or fall off the bandwagon, forgive yourself, you are human, but MOVE ON, put it behind you, don't do it again, and don't think "Oh well, I've cheated now, I'll just have the night off and start again tomorrow." You know you'll only kick yourself <3

Source: all the mistakes that I have made over and over :p

Haha I'd like to see that fridge! I wish I could do that in my house but short of shipping my OH to his mothers for 4 months I don't think it'l work!

Last edited:
Haha I'd like to see that fridge! I wish I could do that in my house but short of shipping my OH to his mothers for 4 months I don't think it'l work!

I'll take a picture ;)

Also, I have to admit, my will power is terrible, so I couldn't stick to it until I persuaded my OH to join me on SS!!! Only then could I clear out the cupboards and fridge, because we share a flat with some friends, we only have shared cupboard space.

Here's an idea though, if you do a little clearing out and jiggery pokery, could you clear out a separate cupboard of your own in the kitchen? Or a fridge space of your own, maybe half the fridge or a shelf or something?

Or if worst comes to it, keep your Cambridge sachets and bars somewhere other than the kitchen cupboard. If you never need to look at the other food in your kitchen, I think it's less tempting XD

my CD things are in a cupboard with non of the kids things in... so i dont look in other cupboards ,, the fridge is fine ,im a cake n biscuit pig,, or should i say i was lol

Good thinking :) and yes, WAS! you're going to have a whole different set of habits and attitudes to food when this is over :D Or so I'm told ;)

Back