DAY3

Catherine12

Hi.
Started this on Monday.
Day 1 fine
Day 2- dizzy and headachey
Day 3- today craving food sooo badly!

I have joined this as everyone seems very supportive and i think i am just about to crack!
How does everyone stop themselves from feeling hungry?
I'm drinking so much water everyday and feeling rubbish.
I've cheekily checked the scales, and have been dissapointed, so far have not lost anything, i know it's day 3, but not even a measley lb.
Some people loose 12lbs plus there first week.
I'm following the diet, and just having shakes and water- have also managed a few hours of swimming.
What am i doing wrong.

Really want to stick this week out though for my weigh in, is on Saturday.
Have decided that if i don't loose weight by then i am giving up!
I have tried so many diets and this is my last hope- need to loose about 4 stone, which is such a lo, i lost a stone last year, but that took 7 months, and i can't bear that again. Smeone tell me it gets better???
Right now just feeling a bit down watching the other half eating dinner :sigh:

Catherine, it DOES get better I promise :) The 1st 3 days are hell, they way people stop being hungry or as hungry is because they reach ketosis, this is basically when the body realises it has no carbs for fuel so takes body fat instead, this also dampens the hunger feelings you have now. DO keep going it is so worth it, I also have loads of weight too 8 stone of it but I have been on LT for 2 weeks and lost 16lb already :)
The way I cope with my hunger is that I am lucky I am not hungry in the moring so have my 1st shake about 11-12 then lunch time one at around 3-4 then tea time one around 7-9pm, as the evenings is when I am more likely to snack! Try to get some Fibreclear from the chemist ( you may have had a trial one with your LT) you can add this to plain water inbetween shakes to make you feel fuller or to black tea and coffee or your shakes.
You can buy ketostix from the chemist to show you when you have reached it :)
Please don't give in, stay strong and focused, soon it will seem alot better and managable. Good luck xx

Well done you, hope you made it through other half's dinner show. You will absolutely have lost weight after a week, no chance that you won't. I keep cracking at dinner so can't get past that crucial and difficult first few days. Without getting to the end of week one there's no chance of entering the fast losing and easy phase.... so well done, you are getting there.
I did it a couple of years ago but had to travel for work for 18 months and got back in a mess.... but LT worked, it was amazing...... I am keeping trying to get day 1 done, day2, day3 and 4-the worst, and go on from there
Stay strong!

Hang on in there, you've come sooooo far and the worst is almost over! It's those first few days ive got to crack again but you will be so chuffed on Saturday, you can do this!!!

Thank you everyone for replying.
I am now on day 5- started Monday, but getting weighed tomorrow.
Hope to god i've lost something.
The worst bit for me is the evenings when the OH cooks for himself, and the smell is unbearable,have to lock myself away or come on here! Hopefully if i have lost this week it will inspire me to go on. Well done to you all for doing this, it is inspiring just to read through the stories on here! x x x

I've just been mesmerised watching your newbie smilies!
Anyway, good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. It sounds like you've got over the hardest part and are about to reap your rewards :D

Back