Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Dealing with illness when on a diet

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Rachel L, 5 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Rachel L

Rachel L Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.91%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    My health has been atrocious for the last month or so. I've now had a really bad chest infection and am on antibiotics.
    My problem -
    I don't know what to do about the dieting.
    I have been flipping between coming off the diet and then going back on it till i feel rough again. The problem is when i come off the diet i comfort eat because i'm not feeling well. Then i worry about my weight, try to get back on the diet and then slip again. I feel i'm going in circles at the moment.

What do other people do when they get ill? :confused: Do you stick with the diet or come off it till you are well again?

I have decided to try again as i am feeling a lot better, but am not completely well. I am going to try for loads of fresh fruit and veg and general healthy eating (i calorie count). I have set myself a holiday target for the end of next month and am determined to make it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    When i am ill i only drink water anyway untill i am better. Had my gallbladder out and then only drank water for 5 days. I don't know why, it isn't a plan, it just feels like the right thing to do. Give my body a rest to recover itself. I am not saying this is the right thing to do at all, just another opnion.

4. Rachel L

Rachel L Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.91%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Thanks for that annie_d. It's made me think that a lot of my problem is just me over eating and drinking again, and using being ill as an excuse.
    I guess i have always comfort eat when i am ill since childhood. Crisps and chocolate when some fruit would have been far better.
    I need to work out why i always turn to food and drink. As my husband said, i need to get some self control. I just wish i knew why i find it so hard to stop eating.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.