Dealing with illness when on a diet

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Rachel L, 5 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Rachel L

Rachel L Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.91%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    My health has been atrocious for the last month or so. I've now had a really bad chest infection and am on antibiotics.
    My problem -
    I don't know what to do about the dieting.
    I have been flipping between coming off the diet and then going back on it till i feel rough again. The problem is when i come off the diet i comfort eat because i'm not feeling well. Then i worry about my weight, try to get back on the diet and then slip again. I feel i'm going in circles at the moment.

What do other people do when they get ill? :confused: Do you stick with the diet or come off it till you are well again?

I have decided to try again as i am feeling a lot better, but am not completely well. I am going to try for loads of fresh fruit and veg and general healthy eating (i calorie count). I have set myself a holiday target for the end of next month and am determined to make it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    When i am ill i only drink water anyway untill i am better. Had my gallbladder out and then only drank water for 5 days. I don't know why, it isn't a plan, it just feels like the right thing to do. Give my body a rest to recover itself. I am not saying this is the right thing to do at all, just another opnion.

4. Rachel L

Rachel L Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.91%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Thanks for that annie_d. It's made me think that a lot of my problem is just me over eating and drinking again, and using being ill as an excuse.
    I guess i have always comfort eat when i am ill since childhood. Crisps and chocolate when some fruit would have been far better.
    I need to work out why i always turn to food and drink. As my husband said, i need to get some self control. I just wish i knew why i find it so hard to stop eating.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.