Dear God

Shirleen

Gold Member
So far today God I've been good, I've resisted the Danish and Latte for breakfast, the chocolate in the corner shop, mid morning biscuits did not pass my lips. Burger King and McDonalds were passed quickly with nary a second glance.
The birthday cake remained untouched by my hand. White bread did not tempt me as I ate my superspeed soup. I've removed the Pizza delivery from my speed dial, so far today Lord I've been good.

But in a minute I have to get up and face these temptations for real and I'm going to need LOTS of help!
Amen

Oh wicked temptations and the monkey on our shoulder have a lot to answer for.......................

Get on out there Shirleen and stick with the superspeed soup...............

Happy Holidays said:
I'd write down my own 'Dear God' but it's far too depressing & much better if I talk to him (in my head & not verbally).

Oh that's not good! Anytime you need a solid cyber shoulder I'm available x

Happy Holidays said:
Awwwww thank you that's really nice. I consider myself lucky to get to my age & not have had a year as bad as this has been so far. Hopefully it will start to pick up in December, when we go on hols & hopefully I'll get another job (redundancy just one of my probs).

I hope so, of it's any consolation 'losing' my job was the best thing that ever happened to me!

I find just keep talking to yourself and questioning them tempational thoughts you have got, just think a moment on the lips, it be over before long and you will appreciate it for longer then the pleasure of the naughty food x

Can I just say, the 'prayer' was in jest as it's so easy to be good before you get up! Never had pizza on speed dial not keen in the stuff!!!

Back