Step 1 Sole Source My CD Story So Far...

Cee92

I did all my research before I started the diet - I'm aware of the pro's and con's but I'm also someone who can say they have tried other diets such as Slimming World & Weight Watchers, yes they work but I found they really lack motivation in terms of weight loss speed so this is where it changed... I met my consultant in June 2012 and I was on my way I dabbled with SS+ dependant on the day I was having, so would have a tin of tuna over some salad (yes you can do CD with the 1 meal per day from the beginning) I stuck to the diet to the best of my ability and lost 7lbs in my first week along with 8.5 inches in total - now if that isn't motivation I don't know what is! I started the diet weighing 16.12 and already i wasn't far off the stone off mark. I continue with the diet until September when I fell poorly with an infection and had to come off the diet at that point I weighed 14.9 so I lost 2.5 stone in roughly 8 weeks. I was desperate to get back on the diet however I continued to have problems and kept getting the same infection in my gum. I finally recovered in November and had planned to go back on the diet when I woke up with the Norovirus - worst 28 days of my life! So i recovered and again yes i planned to go back but who would go back to this diet with Christmas round the corner? Not me so I stayed off the diet. In came the new year and unfortunately not a new me as I was told I was going to be having surgery done awake on my gums! Due to the stitches and wound I wasn't allowed to do the diet for another 12 weeks! So now all thats out the way I'm back on the diet as of today and so far so good - when you start the diet for the first time it seems like the end of the world but just remember it isn't forever and it does get easier if you conquer the first 3 days it all starts to become normal and all your body wants. I'm not saying that when you're in company of those eating you won't think god i would love some of that because you will - but trust me when i say as soon as you eat something rich, heavy and fatty your body will not be your friend. Stick at it and think of your goal weight. Due to doing the diet before I now know what flavours I like and have chosen to complete a 12 week plan (holiday in 12 weeks) completely on Chocolate as its the only one I haven't got bored of! I've put some tips below on how to conquer the diet and by the way I'm currently aiming to lose 5 stone in 12 weeks to take me down to 10.7!

1. Drink drink drink water - I like to fill 5-6 500ml bottles and drink the water that way it seems less daunting than a massive bottle.
2. If you are lucky and have someone to cook meals for your family then let them - take yourself away, have a bath, read a book but don't sit torturing yourself.
3. Blend your shakes with a hand blender and pour over ice - they go down a treat.
4. When you feel ready to exercise don't over do it - I do a 30 min medium intensity workout on Zumba wii 3 x a week.
5. Buy a smaller item of clothing and keep it in eye view so you have a reminder constantly.
6. Take pictures in minimal clothing every 2 weeks to see your shrinkage.
7. Remember it isn't forever and it's a small portion of your life for what could be a lifetime of happiness.
8. Keep on reading motivational blogs around the diet - don't let peoples opinions on the diet put you off often these people are already happy with their weight.

:eek: Much love x

Great advice :)

I did all my research before I started the diet - I'm aware of the pro's and con's but I'm also someone who can say they have tried other diets such as Slimming World & Weight Watchers, yes they work but I found they really lack motivation in terms of weight loss speed so this is where it changed... I met my consultant in June 2012 and I was on my way I dabbled with SS+ dependant on the day I was having, so would have a tin of tuna over some salad (yes you can do CD with the 1 meal per day from the beginning) I stuck to the diet to the best of my ability and lost 7lbs in my first week along with 8.5 inches in total - now if that isn't motivation I don't know what is! I started the diet weighing 16.12 and already i wasn't far off the stone off mark. I continue with the diet until September when I fell poorly with an infection and had to come off the diet at that point I weighed 14.9 so I lost 2.5 stone in roughly 8 weeks. I was desperate to get back on the diet however I continued to have problems and kept getting the same infection in my gum. I finally recovered in November and had planned to go back on the diet when I woke up with the Norovirus - worst 28 days of my life! So i recovered and again yes i planned to go back but who would go back to this diet with Christmas round the corner? Not me so I stayed off the diet. In came the new year and unfortunately not a new me as I was told I was going to be having surgery done awake on my gums! Due to the stitches and wound I wasn't allowed to do the diet for another 12 weeks! So now all thats out the way I'm back on the diet as of today and so far so good - when you start the diet for the first time it seems like the end of the world but just remember it isn't forever and it does get easier if you conquer the first 3 days it all starts to become normal and all your body wants. I'm not saying that when you're in company of those eating you won't think god i would love some of that because you will - but trust me when i say as soon as you eat something rich, heavy and fatty your body will not be your friend. Stick at it and think of your goal weight. Due to doing the diet before I now know what flavours I like and have chosen to complete a 12 week plan (holiday in 12 weeks) completely on Chocolate as its the only one I haven't got bored of! I've put some tips below on how to conquer the diet and by the way I'm currently aiming to lose 5 stone in 12 weeks to take me down to 10.7!

1. Drink drink drink water - I like to fill 5-6 500ml bottles and drink the water that way it seems less daunting than a massive bottle.
2. If you are lucky and have someone to cook meals for your family then let them - take yourself away, have a bath, read a book but don't sit torturing yourself.
3. Blend your shakes with a hand blender and pour over ice - they go down a treat.
4. When you feel ready to exercise don't over do it - I do a 30 min medium intensity workout on Zumba wii 3 x a week.
5. Buy a smaller item of clothing and keep it in eye view so you have a reminder constantly.
7. Remember it isn't forever and it's a small portion of your life for what could be a lifetime of happiness.
8. Keep on reading motivational blogs around the diet - don't let peoples opinions on the diet put you off often these people are already happy with their weight.

Well done you for starting again :) must be hard starting over after those set backs. Some of the things you've said are similar to myself. I start my second week of SS tomorrow and after the 12th week I will be taking a week off for holiday. I have 5stone 13lbs to reach my 10.10 target and would love to lose the majority of that in these next 11 weeks before my holiday. Do you think it's possible?? I will be doing the plan pretty much with chocolate too, it's the only one I like!! I need to get a blender as nice heard its nice blended with ice. Great advice with the water etc :). Keep updating with your losses cos I'd love to see how you do over the 12 weeks as we pretty much have the same goal. Vicki x

76 days and 83lbs to go!!

Wow! You seem to have been through the mill. Good luck with cwp! :)

I always blend mine with ice using the electric blender. Tastes fab.

With ice is the only way I take mines :) amazing x

Great Advice- Love it.

Actually bought a new top and skirt yesterday in a size smaller hopping it will fit and look nice on me.The top is white and sleevless, big deal for me but i hate my arms im always trying to cover them up!!

Also use a hand blender and ice, i find drinking from a straw is a good tip aswell goes down much faster.

Would love to hear everyones progress and tips and dinner ideas.

Im doing ss+ on wk 3 finding it much easier. Lost 11.5lbs so far hoping to havin 3 stone off by june summer holidays planned!

Hope everyone has a great day :)

E x

Back