Your Tricks on Weigh In Day!

minxie_minx

Aspartame Free
I thought it would be fun to start a new thread on what everyones little weigh in day tricks are! We all have them, don't we?
My weigh in is tonight & since having a 7lb weight loss the last two weeks, I'm not so confident about this one! Anyway, here are my tricks:

1) I eat 'light' foods - Normally for breakfast, I have poached eggs on portobello mushrooms and half a tin of beans. Dinner a Stir Fry with King Prawns & I'll have tea when I get home. However, on WI day, I'll literally just have 2 x eggs (scrambled) in a bowl with a mug of tea & then snack on superspeed fruits all day (strawberries, cherries & watermelon). I'll have 1 x Alpen Light bar as well. Basically I try and stick to foods that 'feel' lighter to hold if that makes any sense! However, If I've been keeping an eye on my weight all week and KNOW I've lost more than 2lbs I will have those beans - but not go over the top!

2) Water, Water, Water! - Thursday for me is drink more than usual day. I ALWAYS start the day with a chilled bottle of Evian poured into a glass with fresh lemon squeezed in. I do this as always & then throughout the day until 3pm - I will try to drink as much water as I can (more than usual).

3) Toilet - Yep, I try to go as much as I can just before weight in! The water definitely helps with this! The ultimate bonus is if you err, have a (sorry this is too much info) number 2 on the day, haha. I always go for a wee literally JUST before the weigh in as well, as there are loos there!

4) Stop eating and drinking at 3 - 3.30pm. My weigh in is at 7pm. You might think how the hell I do that, but if I've eaten quite a few things beforehand (sometimes I'll have a small stir fry for dinner too - if I know I've lost enough weight to risk adding on a bit of weight)! If I haven't noticed mush of a weight loss before my WI, I won't have a lot in the day, just fruits/alpen bar/seafood sticks (nibbles). After weigh in I come home & I'll have tea then!

5) Tea after Weigh In - What I just said above. I save my tea for when I come home! I do take a yoghurt bar with me to class though to have after the WI!

6) Wear the SAME clothes - I see SO many people in the class come in wearing different clothes each week. One girl the other week wore jeans and her weight had increased a little. The week before she had shorts on. I felt like telling her it was probably the jeans! Me & my partner Colin who also does SW and comes with me wear the exact same thing each week. If you've got too small for your WI clothes, wear something similar. Try to avoid jeans/heavy clothes.

7) NO jewellery etc - bit of an obvious one, but I try to remove as much as I can before weigh in!

8) Treat myself after WI - Thursdays are always a treat day for me & Colin, & NO I don't mean we cave in and go overboard have a Chinese or a kebab (like some in the class do)! We will literally have a chocolate bar within or just over our syns (I usually only use up to 7 syns a day, I'm a goody two shoes, I know)! Now that we have both lost more weight & increased our exercise we do allow ourselves more of a treat on a Thursday, still no Chinese take aways or anything but we will have some more chocolate for example (seeing as our calorie intake on the day has been lower than usual anyway)! Then we will be back on plan the very next day on superspeed foods!

9) Never Get Down - I've only had one gain so far, of half a pound.. but when I did I felt rubbish! The first thing I did was grab my book and look at the weight going down - NOT just concentrate on the ONE measly gain! Even if I haven't lost as much as I want to.. I always look at my graph on the wii or here in my signature below & just look at that line going down and NOT up!

10) I always motivate others in class - I'm a very chatty person & in class I do try my best to talk to everyone and offer my own tips/recipes! Everyone else is always friendly with me, so I try and return the favor!

I know the last few weren't tricks but I thought I'd share!!

Good three! Made me giggle lol. I weigh in on a Wednesday morning. I eat 'normally' the day before. I don't take any water to bed with me Tuesday night, I don't eat or drink anything until after I've been weighed. I also wear the same clothes & take jewellery off etc. also do a poop before I leave the house, and a wee just before I get on the scales =D

I do mostly the same as you (same clothes, wee etc). But I WI Thur at 6pm and I eat a full dinner before going. I'm not hungry like everyone else as most people don't eat before and rush home after desperate for their dinner. It's not hindered my loss either :)

lol. Ive stopped eating at 10pm the day before and neither ate nor drank until 7pm weigh in the next day. I find i can manage fasting no problem.

The most extreme version of the above involved me getting up on weigh day, having a morning drink, and then not eating or drinking a thing. At 4:30 i would run 5k, and at 5:30 I would do 45 minutes of kettlebell aerobic exercise, and then only drink after weigh in at 7pm.

Of course, its all absurd as it just means i am chasing a gain next week. I would only do the above if i hadnt lost anything that week, it allowed me to not gain for about six months....

Good three! Made me giggle lol. I weigh in on a Wednesday morning. I eat 'normally' the day before. I don't take any water to bed with me Tuesday night, I don't eat or drink anything until after I've been weighed. I also wear the same clothes & take jewellery off etc. also do a poop before I leave the house, and a wee just before I get on the scales =D

The pre weigh in poop. There's been a few close calls with blowing a blood vessel squeezing one out!

Always wear the same clothes, wee before weigh-in, light tea several hrs before weigh-in & 1/2 portion of mini fish & chips on the way home! good luck......

I do pretty much most of those!! I also breath out on the scales in case that bit of air tips me over lol

when i done the cambridge diet the lady that took me told me not to look down at the scales when getting weighed as it puts on 1lb lol!

sounds bizzarre and is highly unlikley but i never look down at the scales just incase i put on 1lb :)

I always wear the same clothes (not exactly but just leggings and a vest dress)
Never have my hair wet as I have dreadlocks down to my bum and it used to put 1-2lbs on if wet!! So no swimming/showering/walking in the rain before weigh in for me.
Try and avoid eating potato the night before as it bloats me up and doesn't pass very quick.
Always have a good ole toilet session and a pre weigh wee.
Drink loads of water in the morning, and curb it at around 3 pm, my weigh in is at 5.30 and I find i wee it all out by then but I've drank so much that I'm not dehydrated.
I tend to have a light lunch, and I never eat dinner before 7-8 anyway so that's not an issue.

But really, all these little 'tricks' we do are just chasing yourself each week. Your true weight would be an average of random weights taken over a course of time. As you are not always empty in the bowels and bladder and have no food in your stomach.

I tend to wear the same clothes, but don't do anything else to prepare for WI. If I need a wee before stepping on the scales, I'll have one. WI is at 5pm, and I don't stop drinking at a specific time. If I'm thirsty, I'll have a drink at 4pm. I didn't want to go down the road of loads of rituals etc and keeping it simple has worked for me.

My group starts WI at 10am. I don't really have any tips or tricks. Purposely joined a group that wasn't near my home so I could walk there. Takes about 30-40 minutes and somewhere my tiny brain cell believes that it helps.. I try to wear the same thing every Friday but lately as the weeks have rolled on I need smaller sizes. Which was nice :)

I only started last week and had my first weigh in on Thursday. I eat normally the a whole day including having my tea around an hour before I go (weigh in at 6pm) if I didn't eat normally I would feel like I was cheating lol I supposed everyone is different in how they do things and in a few weeks I am sure I will have my own tricks :D I did wear the same clothes and had a wee before hand though

I started wearing a jumper and trousers in April, the as the weather got warmer I seem to be wearing less. At first I thought it wasn't intentional then I realised I would subconsciously wear the same dress as I didn't have to wear leggings with it and its pretty thin. I also pee before I go and try not to eat anything too heavy. Madness! :p

As long as you do the same each week it doesn't really matter I don't think. If you normally have light food and then eat more one week, it'll affect WI and same other say round. So I have normal breakfast and lunch but don't eat anything after lunch. I try to drink more every day because I'm rubbish at it! Definitely pop to the loo before my meeting. I don't wear the same clothes every week but wear similar things, leggings, shorts etc and never jeans!

I always wear the same kind of clothes usually leggings and a vest top or something similar, don't really change what I eat but because my wi is at half 7 I just tend to have a later lunch then tea when I get home. I also run into toilet for a quick wee before jumping on the scales lol

I also breath out on the scales in case that bit of air tips me over lol

Haha - yeah I do this as well!! Silly, but every little helps haha..

when i done the cambridge diet the lady that took me told me not to look down at the scales when getting weighed as it puts on 1lb lol!

I saw this on a weight loss program the other day too! I tend to look down, so next time I'm looking straight ahead!

But really, all these little 'tricks' we do are just chasing yourself each week. Your true weight would be an average of random weights taken over a course of time.

No, I think we all know that we can't exactly cause a drastic change, haha - just thought it would be funny to see if everyone else does these things I do :p

I have a weigh in bra!

Me Too! Haha... Great replies!

Why would looking down make any difference?

Why would looking down make any difference?

It's something to do with ''pushing down'' more on the scales?? You'll have to look it up and see if it's true, but I have heard a few people say it!

I tend to wear the same clothes, but don't do anything else to prepare for WI. If I need a wee before stepping on the scales, I'll have one. WI is at 5pm, and I don't stop drinking at a specific time. If I'm thirsty, I'll have a drink at 4pm. I didn't want to go down the road of loads of rituals etc and keeping it simple has worked for me.

And as long as you do the same each week it'll still show an accurate loss anyway.

Back