Debs JUDDDD diary. Lost the plot and miserable!

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Day one completed and not too difficult to do. I did have some craving moments, but got passed them as knew today would be able to eat normal foods. :D

Not sure of exact calories (still have to find a cal book) but had for the day:-

Brekkie - protein shake = 95 cals.
Snack - apple = 60 cals ?
Lunch 2 x boiled egg + salad = 240 cals ?
Tea - protein shake 95 cals

Plus plenty of water and hot black drinks. :coffee:

Started on my scales at 151.5 lbs :sigh::eek::doh::raincloud:

This morning was 148lbs (3.5 lbs down) :bliss:

Its nice to see the scales go the other way for a change. I know they will most likely go back up after todays UD but its still encouraging.

Feel quite relaxed about it all at the moment! :). I know I can do a DD easily and try to be sensible on an UD.

I think I like the flexibility too, as I know I am going to need to have UDs for the weeked but can pull back with making Mon, Wed & Frid as my DDs in the week. Weekends are always going to be UD. (hope you can follow that :crazy: ).

Heres to day 2. :D:party0049:

Sounds like a great day 1 Deb, well done!

Why don't you where your pedometer on your running days Deb and send your steps in to the Steppers League? If you think it may help at all we'd love to see you back.

Dizzy x

Sounds like a great day 1 Deb, well done!

Why don't you where your pedometer on your running days Deb and send your steps in to the Steppers League? If you think it may help at all we'd love to see you back.

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy

thanks for the encouragement. :D

I dont have my pedometer anymore, I flogged it on ebay as I decided not to continue with the Fitbug renwal. Spent the money from that on 1 of those Nike + sport thingies that you plug into your ipod when I go for a run/walk. Tells me how far have gone, cals burned etc. Doesnt give steps unfortunately so dont know how many I have done, would be great if it did give them though.

Its a great gadget and I really love it. !! would recommend it to anyone thinking about having one.

Deb x

Hi Dizzy

thanks for the encouragement. :D

I dont have my pedometer anymore, I flogged it on ebay as I decided not to continue with the Fitbug renwal. Spent the money from that on 1 of those Nike + sport thingies that you plug into your ipod when I go for a run/walk. Tells me how far have gone, cals burned etc. Doesnt give steps unfortunately so dont know how many I have done, would be great if it did give them though.

Its a great gadget and I really love it. !! would recommend it to anyone thinking about having one.

Deb x

I have the nike+ too!;)

Dizzy x

Aww brill, have you joined in the Minimims Nike challenge thats going ? I was all on my ownsome last time I looked. :D

I'm waiting for my archilles tendon to repair fully and then I'll be off. I progressed the running a little too quickly and so have an injury. :rolleyes: So be careful to only progress about 10% a week apparantly that is the recommendation. I'm being sensible this week and sticking to swimming and upper body resistance training with a little low impact cardio thrown in! ;) Can hardly wait to be able to run again but I have too!:sigh:

Have fun!:)

Dizzy x

I'm waiting for my archilles tendon to repair fully and then I'll be off. I progressed the running a little too quickly and so have an injury. :rolleyes: So be careful to only progress about 10% a week apparantly that is the recommendation. I'm being sensible this week and sticking to swimming and upper body resistance training with a little low impact cardio thrown in! ;) Can hardly wait to be able to run again but I have too!:sigh:

Have fun!:)

Dizzy x

Ooh sorry Dizzy didnt realise you had hurt your achilles. Hope you feel much better soon so can get back to your running.

Have been out again myself today (for a slow run/walk) it was hard going as it was soooooo warm, but am out all day tomorrow so wont be able to do any exercise at all.

Discovered not a good thing to try doing a run on a DD , I felt a bit light headed afterwards but that could from heat too. :doh:

Right back to the plan.... yesterday was an UD, and I think after reading a few others posts I am not the only one thats done it. :eek:....its SO SO SO Easy to go a bit over the top. I know I did. ((oops)) So need to be careful on an UD. I think for me I will just WW point up my food as I know where I am with that :D. I need to control it a bit more!

DD today and its gone ok.

Brekkie... protein shake.. cals 95
Apple....... cals. 60
Salad for lunch... cals guessing 60 ?
Tea was Adsa egg pasta/ricotta cheese + tom sauce. Cals 360.

Have gone a teeny weeny bit over... but did do a run today. So all in all am happy with it. Know its supposed to be 500 cals and under but just getting into the swing of things.

UD tomorrow, at an airshow:character00255: ... am taking packed lunch but need to try and avoid the usual goodies available. :D:party0051:

Hope everyone is sticking with it all.

Deb x

Morning Dizzy & anyone else looking in.

All still going well :D. Was at the Cosford Airshow yesterday in Shropshire. Great for us as only down the road. Was a lovely day but a bit too warm for me so got cooked!! :mad: The haze/wind we had was misleading and got sunburnt face today!! ouch!

Was an UD yesterday, and we did take packed lunch and I did lots of extra goodies i wouldnt normally...icecream, donuts, choccie biccies :drool::ashamed0005:. I wouldnt say I ate in moderation at all!! :p, but it was a day out and todays a DD so hopefully I can make ammends for my sins of yesterday!!

This morning I am still 2lbs down on when I started out:bliss:

So onto today. DD for me and planning to have:

Brekkie... protein shake. Cals 95
Snack ....apple. Cals 60
Lunch ...egg salad. Cals 240 ?
Snack ... banana. Cals 100 ?
Tea.....large salad or a protein shake depending on what fancy. Cals estimating 100 ish.

I will be a bit over again today on the cals but am planning to go for a run tonight so need a few more cals or wont have the energy to put my trainers on. :D

I would say I am enjoying this way of eating at the moment and hopefully this week will be able to manage my UD's a bit better.

I came across Paul McKenna book " I can make you thin" on one of the books stalls at the show.... so was having a read of it while watching the planes.

Its quite interesting to read! shame the cd was missing from it. But it was only 30p. :D:D:D, Maybe it will inspire me for my UD's.

Deb x

Sounds like you are doing really well Deb and have had a nice weekend too.

Like you say the UpDays are tougher really. I've had a difficult few days actually but today I'm wondering what all the fuss was about!:rolleyes:

We are a work in progress and some days will be better than others but as long as overall we are making progress, in both weightloss and eating habits then we are doing really well.:clap:

Nice to hear from you.

Dizzy x

:wave_cry:Hi Chaps,

I'm from 'the other side' (LL forum) and have just found out about JUDDD. I am considering it as a option when I finish Foundation in a few weeks time.

By then (all going to plan) I will be 10stone (I have about 10lbs to go) and my BMI will be within normal limits but I would still like to lose another 7lbs or so.

Where can I find the basics of JUDDD? - I am particularly interested to know just how 'UP' the up days can be.

'Hope you don't mind me butting in.

Thanks,

Fatpossum (well not such a fat possum at this stage actually :party0049::party0049::party0049:)

Dizzy, I love your attitude, you are so back on track, this diet is not about each day, it is about the sum of days. some good, some not so good. So long as in the long run good out weigh bad we will win!!!!!

I am going to win this fight - I am a juddder!

How's it going Cavycrazy? Looks like we started about the same time so I'm interested to compare how we are doing. I had my first DD last Saturday, although I intend weekends to be UDs normally. Today is a DD and I have lost three and a half pounds as of this morning, feeling full of energy and very happy. Are you finding exercise easier with this diet? I'm surprised at how good I am feeling and wonder if it is universal.

Oh darn, just typed a reply and its disappeared. :mad:

Start again. :D Think its going ok Claire, mananging my DD's fine, and trying to curb any overeating on my UD's...but thats proving difficult! at the moment, as I am a bit stressed.

One of my chinnies is poorly and is back at the vets, and probably wont be coming home, so am really upset and over emotional. :cry: Its a DD today for me so have to resist the urge to comfort eat.!

But all said, this way of dieting for me so far is going ok. I havent had bags of energy yet, but perhaps that will kick in sometime soon. :bliss:

Scale wise I am still down 2lbs from last week, but final weigh in tomorrow morning.

Its our 10 year wedding anniversary tomorrow so hopefully going out for a nice meal. Its an UD so ok!! :character00250:

Hiya Debs

Sorry to hear about your poorly pet, it's horrible when they're ill and especially if you think they're not coming home again :( Big hugs honey :hug99:and try not to comfort eat as you know that won't help or make you feel any better in the long run.

Congrats on your anniversary for tomorrow & enjoy your meal out - any ideas where you're going to go? Have you been to the Veggie Restaurant (forget the name) in Ironbridge? Even Kev enjoyed his meal there and he loves his meat.

How sad about your poor pet, they are each so special to us, (((HUGS))).

Good to know the eating plan is going well for you, isn't it great to be able to say yes to special meals without worrying about breaking the diet. 2lbs is a good loss, and it will be even better by morning.

Had to let my chinnie go :cry::cry::cry:.

Its such a horrible decision to have to make, but if i hadnt have done it today it would only be a matter of time before had to take him back again.

Just feel like a murderer though, but I couldnt let him suffer any more.

:break_diet:

Back