Decadent chocolate pots - only 2 syns each

shellywelly1983

Aiming for thin at 30!
Had a tasting session at weigh in last night. I took these in and they went down a treat so thought I would put the recipe on here for whoever want to try them. I got the inspiration from a chocolate day at the three ways house hotel in Mickleton, but tweaked it to fit in with slimming world. I have managed to get them down to 2 syns a pot, and they are so worth it as they taste so naughty. I didn't get a photo last night but will make some more later and add a photo but here is the recipe, it sounds complicated but is easier than it looks just takes a bit of time. :D

Decadent Chocolate pots 2 Syns a pot serves 15
(dependent on choc used, please check how many syns in the chocolate you are using, Mine was 29syns)
Time 1-2 hrs including chilling – but worth the effort!

Ingredients
100g of good quality dark chocolate – min 70% cocoa solids
(I used Divine chocolate as it doesn’t have a bitter after taste like some dark chocolate, also only 29 syns per 100g)
2 large eggs
2 tbls of sweetener
Large pinch of ground cardamom (if you can’t get ground – grind your own using a blender and the cardamon pods)

Equipment – small cake cases – I got mine from ikea, you can use normal size but the mixture won’t spread as far and you will end up with more syns per cup.

Method:
Break chocolate into 3 equal pieces with Divine chocolate that will give you 3 chunks of 6 squares. Keep one chunk aside for later. With the remainder of the chocolate, firstly take a speed peeler and peel some shreds away from the edge of the chocolate on 1 of the chunks, you only need enough to do a light sprinkle on each pot at the end, keep aside somewhere cool. Break remainder chocolate into squares you will then be left with 12 full squares and 4 half’ish’ squares.

Melt the 4 half squares and 1 full square, Take your pastry cases – use 2 together, one to paint inside and one to stabilize the shape, paint inside the case with the chocolate using a pastry brush, ensure you paint a thin even coating. Repeat until all 15 are coated. Chill for 10-20 mins.
Take another 5 chunks of the chocolate and repeat the above process painting a 2nd thicker layer, chill again. Melt the 6 remaining pieces and paint a thick final layer of the chocolate on the cases. The cases should now have a thick even coating of chocolate and you shouldn’t be able to see much light through them. Chill 30 mins
If you use chocolate with higher cocoa solids, such as Divine 85% you should be able to do this in 2 coats rather than 3, and if you were to use a milk or white chocolate you would need to do lots of coats as the chocolate is technically ‘watered down’ and has a lower melting point.

When chilled remove the cake cases, this is the tricky part, use a sharp knife to catch the edge then peel off gently, do this in a cold kitchen with cold hands if possible.

Finally melt the last of the chocolate. Leave to cool slightly. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the sweetener and cardamom. Gently fold in the melted chocolate until no marbling occurs.
Divide between the 15 cups. Sprinkle over the chocolate shreds and chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hr.

Note – can also use the Chocolate cardamom mixture as a mousse in a ramekin, syns dependent on how much chocolate used.
Take care with Raw eggs - not for elderly or very young children
Divine chocolate can be purchased from Oxfam, Waitrose or online at around £2 a 100g bar.

Pics as follows - my son was the hands model!
0_116.jpg
0_112.jpg
0_113.jpg

0_117.jpg

I used Lindt chocolate this time and it was not very good, the choc cracked and I had to do more layers, which = more syns!

Wow - these look fab! Thanks for posting the recipe :)

Back