Decided to bite the bullet

henri156

Well after messing about with slimming world myself And not getting anywhere....I have decided to join! Class is tomorrow night and although the thought of walking into a room full of people makes me feel sick, it needs to be done!

Wish me luck x

I was nervous too. I stood outside like a plonker for ages before I went in.
everyone was lovely and I felt very comfortable and at ease.
Youll be fine, just remember everyone that is there started somewhere, they were all in the position you're in now.
if anything, they'll probably be thinking "good for you" because they know how hard it is to walk into a group of people-strangers- and say, actually I'm not happy with myself and I want to change. It takes a lot of courage and I know you can do it! :)

Thank you awesome owl! I text the consultant last night and she seems lovely so has made me feel a little better. I will probably float about outside too though lol. I haven't told anybody I'm going...fingers crossed it all works out!x

Good Luck :) You will be fine and the groups are really good at keeping people motivated especially when you are first getting to grips with the plan!

You will be fine. I'm really looking forward to my next meeting.
let us know how it goes for you! :)

go when it opens and most wont even realize someone else has walked in, everyone is usually chatting or queuing to pay and weight.

Good luck, joining was the best decision i ever made x

Thanks everybody! Everybody was so nice&friendly! And some of the weightloss was amazing! One lady took me under her wing and gave me some advice! We went over syns in Easter eggs and it was shocking!lol. Thankfully I haven't got any yet x

Thanks everybody! Everybody was so nice&friendly! And some of the weightloss was amazing! One lady took me under her wing and gave me some advice! We went over syns in Easter eggs and it was shocking!lol. Thankfully I haven't got any yet x

oh good! see its not as bad as most people think it will be!! x

glad you had a good time, the first step is the hardest

well done for joining up and good luck xx

Thanks...sitting going through my book and there is so much information! It seems crazy that i can eat all this and lose weight lol. I'm not even going to try and figure out how ha. Think I would drive myself crazy.lol xx

I'm so happy for you, we'll done on facing your fear lol. :)

Thank u awesome owl! Groups of people terrify me but so happy I went! The consultant was great and text me after and I sat beside a lady who was 70 and reached target tonight! Kinda makes you think of she can do it then so can I!

Wow that's actually pretty cool. We really have no excuse now! :eek:

Thanks...sitting going through my book and there is so much information! It seems crazy that i can eat all this and lose weight lol. I'm not even going to try and figure out how ha. Think I would drive myself crazy.lol xx

It is crazy! I find the extra easy is the easiest. Family wise too as i like my meat with potatoes etc.
1 main huge tip. Use ALL your syns. SO many people think if they cut back or dont have them then their losses become better... Well look at this way, if you did that your more likely to relaps as your restricting yourself too much AND when weight loss does slow down you have no syns to cut back on to help boost yourself if this did happen to you..

:)

Welcome & Enjoy your first week eating tons of food and thinking your not going to lose anything.. I bet you do have a great 1st weigh in :) x

Thanks Jess! Already worried about weigh in on Thursday lol. Just hard to get your head round! I had Chinese last night (black bean within syns) and I still felt abit guilty! Think it is the fear of somebody else weighing me lol but it's the fear I need to motivate me.
Thanks for telling me about the syns thing, I had used 12 yesterday and worried should I have kept it u see 10! Easter seems a crazy time to join but I think If I hadn't I would have used it as an excuse to binge all week xx

Thanks Jess! Already worried about weigh in on Thursday lol. Just hard to get your head round! I had Chinese last night (black bean within syns) and I still felt abit guilty! Think it is the fear of somebody else weighing me lol but it's the fear I need to motivate me.
Thanks for telling me about the syns thing, I had used 12 yesterday and worried should I have kept it u see 10! Easter seems a crazy time to join but I think If I hadn't I would have used it as an excuse to binge all week xx

I still feel guilty when using syns on takeaways because what diet can you seriously have them on!! lol. Yes use them all, too many new members think cutting syns will better them but it may for week or so but my eyes you mess up more on the diet :/
Usually its the same person who weighs you, it is in our group. 2 ladies do the pay and weigh and may swap some weeks but atleast its not someone different everytime

Good luck, i look forward to hearing your result xx

Hey guys! Just wanted to update. First week and 6lbs off :) thanks for all the nice words of encouragement! Definitely the best decision I have ever made xxx

Back