deciding how long to ss - please help.

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
I'm on day 37 of ss & need to lose another 6 stone minimum. I'm planning on losing 3 stone to get to an 'overweight' bmi & start trying to conceive. Hopefully this will be at the end of June. I'm 35 later this year so time is somewhat of an issue. I'd planned to do 100 days ss then move to ss+ until I either get pregnant or get near to goal & move up. However, I've read about needing an 810 week which has scared me as I'm worried it'll be impossible to move back down.

I'd kind of thought I'd do my 100 days then have a week ss+ then 810 then back down to ss+. However, my boyfriend's parents are over from Spain on day 77 & we will be spending the weekend out with them. I don't want to go into the diet with them (they don't speak English & I don't want my bf to explain it & them ask questions etc) plus I'm happier telling less people. Less pressure & less of a big deal. On one hand I wanted to feign illness & not go out, on the other that makes me resent the diet & question my longer term plans. So, I want to go out (they are staying at a hotel away from us so I can't cook). We can decide where we go & I will choose something cd friendly.

My worry is that I'll break the 100 days I set for myself, feel a disaster & binge & not get back on. Maybe I could make this my 810 week & then move down to ss+ or ss afterwards. I don't know what to do, I know it's ages away but cd works best for me when I have rules & know where I am. It's far away enough for me to make a decision & be happy with it, I think.

Sorry for the uber post. Any advice?

well done on sticking to just ss so far! from what i can gather on the posts, the difference between ss and ss+ is very minimal, around 1-1.5lbs per month, so what i'm planning on doing is ss mainly but having and ss+ day maybe a couple of times a week to keep me going with the taste of foooood! maybe you could try this and see if you find it helpful.

also, someone posted on here that they only do ss but have an ss+ meal after their weigh in every week as a treat so obviously this keeps you in ketosis but its still an actual meal so that might help too :)

Make the week they visit your 810 week, you'll stay in keto so you shouldn't have any trouble getting back to plan. I had that fear, too - so I consciously decided not to try and make my 810 foods too tasty. plain grilled chicken. Broccoli. Nothing to miss there when I went back to SS.

Back